What's new

Game Order Announced for Evo 2016’s Sunday Finals, MKXL Makes The Cut!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Evo 2016 Sunday Final Order was announced earlier today on @MrWizard's Twitter account:​

Screenshot_2016-06-07-13-17-41-1.png

Smash 4 has over 2,000+ entrants and isn't in the Sunday Final line-up. MrWizard's response to this was: "The Sunday games had to be decided in January before we sold arena tickets."

So there you have it, what are your thoughts on the decisions?

Attachments

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Disappointing, but one game had to be early.
To those that make top 8: drink responsibly. Ibuprofin won't do anything at 9am.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
MKX...is before Marvel....when it has outperformed Marvel at every tournament for roughly a year....
Yeah, but Marvel at least has some suspense. Anyone who doesn't already know who this year's EVO champ is... please let me in on the drugs you're holding.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah, but Marvel at least has some suspense. Anyone who doesn't already know who this year's EVO champ is... please let me in on the drugs you're holding.

You mean the guy that lost in pools and got 4th overall just 2 weeks ago? Nothing is set in stone.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Breakfast with a side of brutalities, please.
Exactly, I'm actually looking forward to it being 1st. It's sometimes a little tedious waiting for some games you may not be super interested in to finish so you can watch the game you want to watch. No waiting this EVO, we are first!

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The finals order is basically 100% the EVO TOs discretion. They have consistently said that entry numbers do not influence the finals order. Previously they have mentioned entry numbers as reasons for games being included the following years but I believe they abandoned saying that as well.

Basically, they will do what they want and say hold that shit.