What's new

Game of Thrones (TV) talk (SPOILERS)

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
SPOILERS, IF YOU ARE NOT COUGHT UP LEAVE NOW.
I was not expecting this shit to happen, fuck man
oberyn had this shit on lock, I love/hate how hbo manages to amaze me every fucking time
am still hoping for thoros of myr to bring him back to life
I don't want to see oberyn go
discuss ppl
no book spoilers plss

ruff321

Noob
Even though Oberyn lost the duel I don't want to see Tyrion lannister die by the end of season 4 although he'll probably will. Peter Dinklage is such an amazing actor and it's going to be sad to see him go.

Btw Ygritte is smoking hot jesus her voice make me go nuts

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Even though Oberyn lost the duel I don't want to see Tyrion lannister die by the end of season 4 although he'll probably will. Peter Dinklage is such an amazing actor and it's going to be sad to see him go.

Btw Ygritte is smoking hot jesus her voice make me go nuts
missandei is the hottest of them alll
I love margaery tho
pedro pascal was amazing as well and look what happened l0l
no death touched me this much
thoros plss revive him

Ha, I love how it took for that for a thread to be made(Or at least be talked about again.) XD

But yeah, I really liked Oberyn and thought he had great potential for future events, so that was pretty upsetting for me.
That, and it was legitimately disgusting and nearly made me sick. <.<

I was absolutely crushed by the end of that episode. I fell in love with that character through the entire season, and I would have mained the hell out of him in a fighter. The red wedding made me sick to my stomach....but this was somehow even worse!!!! I don't even know how that's possible.

All seriousness, I find GRR Martin's storytelling both depressing and oddly fascinating in its dissection of fantasy tropes. Tonight reminds me of several moments in previous episodes. In season 1 Jorah Mormont is having a debate with a dothraki who believes that speed beats strength, and in a subsquent episode reveals that all the speed and cutting power of the dothraki weapons against platemail are simply futile. At the end of the season, a trully great and marvelous swordsman is defeated by an extremely mediocre one who possess the advantage of size, armor, and weapons strength. In a later episode the hound more or less breaks this down in a conversation with Arya. Tonights episode is yet another add on to the pile.

TLDR: sometimes all your knowledge, execution, fundamentals, and sheer raw determination can't overcome a bad matchup.

EDIT:
missandei is the hottest of them alll
I never actually thought she was all that....until tonight. Goddamn those were some nice funbags.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
What on EARTH was with that Grey Worm/Missandei garbage?

Please, D&D, you're writing sucks. Stick to the books.

SZSR

Noob
Man, I even saw that coming and it still didn't lessen the shock.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken :(

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
doesn't that bitch realize that her daughter could die in no time?
Ah, but Oberyn, as awesome/awesomely sexy as he was, died in a trial by combat, which is legally sanctioned. Gregor technically didn't do anything wrong.

Whether or not Dorne will retaliate anyway remains to be seen.>_> <_<

Edit: I'm not sure what I'm doing discussing "right/wrong" in the wonderful land of Westeros, but there it is.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
The red wedding and Joffrey's death didn't surprise me because I had been spoiled on them already, but this completely caught me off guard Christ that was brutal.

Jon Berg

Noob
SPOILERS, IF YOU ARE NOT COUGHT UP LEAVE NOW.
I was not expecting this shit to happen, fuck man
oberyn had this shit on lock, I love/hate how hbo manages to amaze me every fucking time
am still hoping for thoros of myr to bring him back to life
I don't want to see oberyn go
discuss ppl
no book spoilers plss
Remember what he said to Arya when she talked about bringing her father back. Losing your head is a bit much for resurrection.

astronout

see you at the top.
the way this show has progressed, everybody i love dies (Sansa's wolf, Eddard, Drogo, Rob, Joffrey, etc.) so i can't see Tyrion swindling out of this mess. #RIPTYRION2014

also, in regards to the trial by combat

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
the way this show has progressed, everybody i love dies (Sansa's wolf, Eddard, Drogo, Rob, Joffrey, etc.) so i can't see Tyrion swindling out of this mess. #RIPTYRION2014
Dude, I love the Starks more than life itself. The fact that they get shat on so much is detrimental to my health.:(

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Nothing wrong with fleshing out background cardboard characters a bit.
Btw it's your*. "Your writing sucks".
You don't need to correct my spelling/grammar, mistakes happen.

I like Grey Worm, and I like Missandei, but this "love story" is a waste of time. It doesn't add to the characters at all. Grey Worm is cool as the stalwart leader of the machine-like Unsullied, and I like Missandei as Dany's intelligent little assistant. That's all they are, and sometimes that's okay. A lame romance subplot doesn't make them better characters in any way. I'd much rather see more of Jorah, Barristan, or even Hizdar. The characters who are important to the Meereen plot. I personally think this OC is a dreadful waste of time that could be better spent giving actually vital characters more scenes since there's so much to adapt, and so little time per episode.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord

I like Grey Worm, and I like Missandei, but this "love story" is a waste of time. It doesn't add to the characters at all. Grey Worm is cool as the stalwart leader of the machine-like Unsullied, and I like Missandei as Dany's intelligent little assistant. That's all they are, and sometimes that's okay. A lame romance subplot doesn't make them better characters in any way. I'd much rather see more of Jorah, Barristan, or even Hizdar. The characters who are important to the Meereen plot. I personally think this OC is a dreadful waste of time that could be better spent giving actually vital characters more scenes since there's so much to adapt, and so little time per episode.
what I got from your comment is that your didn't enjoy seeing those caramel titties, I don't know how to respond to that m8.
is a great romance, even the unsullied can fall in love.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I can't wait for the hell that tyrion will unleash on all this fuckers if he makes it out alive.
Remember what he said to Arya when she talked about bringing her father back. Losing your head is a bit much for resurrection.
I really felt in love with oberyn such a badass, at least he went out like a shamp.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015

Multidimensional characters, get it? lol

The issue wasn't the story. The issue was the Greyworm actor. But either way, I thought it was nice.

I hope Tyrion gets off on a technicality based on the Mountain dying as well (does he?). He is such a great character and Dinklage carries the show with his acting. Sucks to see Oberyn gone as well, he added a lot to the show this season. I also dont see the need to develop the relationship between Grey Worm and the translator chick. Finally, Sansa is learning that she needs to step her game up if she wants to live long. The last scene with her showed her stepping out of the sunlight and walking down the steps in a black dress (foreshadowing?). Only two more episodes left...:(

Sami

Noob
God that scene was horrible, even more so because there was nobody to blame but Oberyn himself. He had the Mountain beat and almost dead, but it was his own pride and desire for vengeance that got himself killed. Not only that, but his selfish actions could well get Tyrion killed now too - the person he was supposed to be defending.

Great character, great scene, fuck Game of Thrones :(. Still he got his wish - the Mountain confessed just before he died...

edit: it's taken an awful lot of willpower to hold off from typing "does tyrion die?" into Google.