What's new

Strategy GA ice arrow reset

Hi people,

why dont you guys take advantage of reloading an ice arrow again, after freezing your opponent and do a 50/50 based game with f2d1 or f2d13 into another freeze, reload etc etc ? Is it too obvious? Because to me this looks like a true 50/50 mind game, or do I miss something? (I cannot find this in the threads, or I overlooked?). Anyway, I think this got potential!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hi people,

why dont you guys take advantage of reloading an ice arrow again, after freezing your opponent and do a 50/50 based game with f2d1 or f2d13 into another freeze, reload etc etc ? Is it too obvious? Because to me this looks like a true 50/50 mind game, or do I miss something? (I cannot find this in the threads, or I overlooked?). Anyway, I think this got potential!

I do this as a small part of my game in certain situations against certain characters, the problem is the pay off, you get no damage from F2D13 freeze, and then reloading an arrow and going for it again when they can block, so maybe you do F2D1 freeze arrow and the D1 hits and they freeze, yay you just did cock all for damage and they are frozen again, you would have to do this a ton of times to make it worth any damage and they will guess right eventually. you are better off getting your damage into safe arrow load.

I will sneek it in to try frustrate people, depending on the match and player, if the player likes to hit buttons I use it.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I do this as a small part of my game in certain situations against certain characters, the problem is the pay off, you get no damage from F2D13 freeze, and then reloading an arrow and going for it again when they can block, so maybe you do F2D1 freeze arrow and the D1 hits and they freeze, yay you just did cock all for damage and they are frozen again, you would have to do this a ton of times to make it worth any damage and they will guess right eventually. you are better off getting your damage into safe arrow load.

I will sneek it in to try frustrate people, depending on the match and player, if the player likes to hit buttons I use it.
That is used to put your opponent close to an interactable area for more damage or build the last half bar of meter for super. B2~R1 is a combo starter after freeze.

As potatoehead said, there isn't much reason to do this. Supposing they don't block the followup arrow, and you put them in a loop again, you won't be doing any damage. People are already familiar with green Sparrow and blocking the overhead low arrows is really easy. So if it gets blocked, what did you accomplish? You're back to neutral and sacrificed already low damage. I can see more use of this in the corner or for interactable setups as roko said but other than that, kinda pointless if you need the damage.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hi people,

You get less than half the damage you would from a regular kombo and if you manage to hit them again you'll get even less since F2D1 is going to be blocked. Since it's a 50/50, that means that probability wise there's a 50% chance you'll miss and if you went for the low that means that you sacrifice an arrow and 2/3 of your kombo damage.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
I do Ice arrow resets all the time in offline play. B3 Dash D2 DB4 223 mixup into ice repeat ad nauseam. This only works against people who haven't seen it before though.

Roko1985

Only time this is worth it is off f2d13, b23xxdb1, 111xxLow Ice arrow in the corner. The damage loss isn't worth it in any other situation imo.
Exactly! In the corner this thing is huge! Let say you catch them with your combo for 30% in the corner into freeze, you have 50% chance to get another 35-40% without any risk. People say" just block high,low,high low" right?!?! What if B2~DFR2(overhead, overhead). Some may say 2 bars, but if you feel you are gonna hit it, why not. The good thing about the guy's post is that you train them to block high,low,high,low. And in the right moment........you may kill them with one shot!

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Exactly! In the corner this thing is huge! Let say you catch them with your combo for 30% in the corner into freeze, you have 50% chance to get another 35-40% without any risk. People say" just block high,low,high low" right?!?! What if B2~DFR2(overhead, overhead). Some may say 2 bars, but if you feel you are gonna hit it, why not. The good thing about the guy's post is that you train them to block high,low,high,low. And in the right moment........you may kill them with one shot!

everything agreed but i think this Green Arrow is this kind of one shot grand slam character with his super reset is a meme i think really needs to slow down. I know I play a much different GA than the majority of people I talk to, but I just don't see the super reset as being anything more than being veeeery situational and a burden to gameplan around.

Roko1985

everything agreed but i think this Green Arrow is this kind of one shot grand slam character with his super reset is a meme i think really needs to slow down. I know I play a much different GA than the majority of people I talk to, but I just don't see the super reset as being anything more than being veeeery situational and a burden to gameplan around.
The super factor is kind of a big thing in his game(you can't ignore it), but I think that his corner game is more important. His combos have good wall carry and the icy arrow is letting you space them much better. It messes with your opponent's head and does very good damage! Green Arrow's tactic should be: get them to the corner! The one shot I mentioned are those 75% damage that are winning a lot of his matches(not the super reset).

EOTL

Tbh the only thing I spend meter on with Green arrow is pushblock, super and clash. MB db2 (Savage blast) is nice sometimes but I rarely see the point tbh.

People say" just block high,low,high low" right?!?! What if B2~DFR2(overhead, overhead)
i think thats probably his highest damaging starter , problem is that b2-df2 whiffs on some characters. Especially the female chars. The hitbox on the df2 should be fixed. Against some chars we have to improvise due to b2-df2 whiffing.

Roko1985

Tbh the only thing I spend meter on with Green arrow is pushblock, super and clash. MB db2 (Savage blast) is nice sometimes but I rarely see the point tbh.
DB2 MB is just for damage, but it buts them away from you and you have to get in again. I don't like it.

EOTL

DB2 MB is just for damage, but it buts them away from you and you have to get in again. I don't like it.

Yeah that's the problem I have with that move in general. Its great for hitting people trying to counterpoke but you have to get in on block and GA has low range.

You guys find any use for df2 or df2 MB outside of corner combos? I've had mild sucess using as an anti air it to stop jump ins on reads. I also use it from time to time in two combos: ""starter-ice arrow, DASH, B3, DASH, D2-DB2 (reverse inputs), JI2, 223 or 111-Load arrow "" ""113-DF2 MB, DASH-Stinger or instead of ending with DASH Stinger shoot a low electric arrow and it will connect.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You guys find any use for df2 or df2 MB outside of corner combos? I've had mild sucess using as an anti air it to stop jump ins on reads. I also use it from time to time in two combos: ""starter-ice arrow, DASH, B3, DASH, D2-DB2 (reverse inputs), JI2, 223 or 111-Load arrow "" ""113-DF2 MB, DASH-Stinger or instead of ending with DASH Stinger shoot a low electric arrow and it will connect.

i generally don't use the move outside of some combos, somtimes it comes out as an auto correct for DB2 when they cross me up, very cool when that happens cause it looks like i made a godlike read

i generally don't use the move outside of some combos, somtimes it comes out as an auto correct for DB2 when they cross me up, very cool when that happens cause it looks like i made a godlike read
LMAO. I've had the same thing happen with df1 (hurricane bow). I've inputed a df1 and get the useless arrows instead and stop their crossup. This character has some cool option selects on wakeup.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
IMHO the ONLY reset worth using is ice arrow + j1 11, leaves you at +21, fast recovery, and can even get a b3 which is unpokable cant be dodged etc, i use this all the time in combos where i already have the ie arrow set up.

b3, sky alert sky alert, 22 xx down ice arrow, j1, 11 (28%) then corner is basically free damage with GA's mixups, you can easily get 50% if they guess wrong even at midscreen + stops them waking up and some awesome pressure...i think j3 could work after 11 too, but havnt tested.

ps. a 6frame d1 will beat it out (possible havnt tested) if not just j1 1 is +22...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Hi people,

This strategy works best against Aquamans trait. Another decent use for it is at the end of a combo that didn't start with a freeze arrow. I actually mentioned it a while back as like a ghetto vortex. The problem is you have to sacrifice damage for it and they can just push block you out of the setup. It's good if you want them to burn meter.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I made this vid a while back, just an example of some of the stuff you can do in the corner. Push block will stop any f2d13 attempt on a frozen character after loading an ice arrow though. The stagger from the electric arrows grants a free followup f2d13 and if you can manage to launch them you can load an ice arrow. It's pretty linear though and you won't have many options once people know how it works.