What's new

G4 Injustice Interview w/ Ed Boon, Mentions DLC, Guest Characters and Evo Tournaments

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Here is another interview with Ed Boon, this is the 'Official E3 Preview of Injustice'. The excitement rises in this interview as Ed does not mess around. He says that Injustice is subject to DLC, guest characters and even mentions that fact that NetherRealm is aiming to continue the success of Mortal Kombat 9 pertaining to Evo and the community of 'hardcore' tournament players with Injustice. To watch the interview click here!

wwsolomon.jpg

Credit: The Kombat Tabloid

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
Guest mk characters. My vote would be Baraka, sub-zero, scorpion, kitana, sonya, raiden, liu kang. But I'm sure whatever or whoever they pick will be great guest characters. *cough* bo'rai'cho *cough* ;)

It's kinda funny how things goes nowadays, we have almost no information on the game overall, and devs are already talking about DLC.
DLC is the norm in the current gaming generation. The cost to make games have skyrocketed and has not scaled anywhere close to the profits of just selling the game standalone compared to the past. Companies have to make games with DLC in mind in order to stay alive (atleast high cost console games), otherwise it isn't worth the risk to make the game and just MAYBE make profit. Times have changed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Why do you think there are 245435 map packs for the call of duty games? B/c idiots buy them. DLC has become something necessary in game developing b/c of the customers willingness to buy it.

When most of this stuff should be included in the game to begin with... (I'm looking at you Bioware and Epic games with your "Disc Locked Content") SMH

Why do you think there are 245435 map packs for the call of duty games? B/c idiots buy them. DLC has become something necessary in game developing b/c of the customers willingness to buy it.

When most of this stuff should be included in the game to begin with... (I'm looking at you Bioware and Epic games with your "Disc Locked Content") SMH
disc lock content exist even before that. Remember Pokemon? Do you honestly think a cartridge couldn't hold all 150 pokemon? It was a clever way to mask the need to buy 2 version of the same game to get everything in the game.

Tekken Tag 2 is doing DLC the right way. DLC only for customization, and what not. All character dlc is free (including the 4 preorder dlc char)

exyle

Noob
Good choice on character design. Realistic > Cartoony
As long as there is depth and good gameplay, i'm buying it.