What's new

FYI Patch is out on PS4 and Xbox with the 3rd Variations

So, of all the characters I play these are my takeaways.

Kung Lao - Sticking with Hat Trick. Great Kung Lao is awsome but Vortex seems like a poor replacement for spin. If someone finds some interesting tech I might reconsider but for now, z-hat is still king.

Kano - Seems okay, the laser is kinda whatever, and his damage isn't anything special. I'll give it a try but I'll most likely go back to Dirtbag. I'm more excited for the F1 buff TBH.

Jonny - Didn't mess around too much, but from what I've read on here it's not looking good.

Subzero - I use Sub as a counter pick to scorpion, so as long as I have ice ball and slide I'm cool (cool, get it).

Shang - One word, Ninjas. No up skulls? I don't care, ninjas.

Night Wolf - Seems pretty good. A mid projectile that does decent damage and you can combo Spirit Tracks launcher off a decent number of stings. You lose the extended combos but gain the lightning arrow, excited to try in an actual match.

I need more lab time, more characters to try. Being an adult sucks, wish I could spend all day in practice mode.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I just don't get how you can properly and fairly nerf a move that hasn't even been tried out in the competitive scene yet. But what do I know I'm just a player

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
"Bicycle Kick Amplified can now be performed a maximum of 2 times per combo"

Emmmmm.... What does that mean? How many times could we amplify it before in one combo with 2 bars of meter?

"Bicycle Kick Amplified can now be performed a maximum of 2 times per combo"

Emmmmm.... What does that mean? How many times could we amplify it before in one combo with 2 bars of meter?
In Practice mode, you could amplify it an infinite number of times and it was awesome. I don't know why they'd take that away.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotal is so good now:

He has faster mids, he can choose sides on amped CMD Grab. He can tick off 12 and he has very good advantage on block.

Ascension is now a threat and the Totem variation is very fun. I can't believe it. I need to see what his frames are on all moves and if they fixed hitbox of s1/s2 and if they fixed pushback on F34/F4 on crouch block

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
So, fellow kombatants, who do you think is going to be the worst character in the game post patch?
The best is probably still Liu Kang.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Looks like Johnny, Kotal and Sub Zero are top tier now!

Sub Zero nerfs...
I wouldn't call them nerfs. He has crazy pressure and setups in V3 and great mix and corner pressure.

He has real 50/50's into ice trap and can launch from both overhead and low in the corner. He is definitely close to top tier now. It sucks we can't grab into ice trap but it would have been kind da broke but we can still hitsrun into it and still works on interactables.

And Kotal my boi:

@Vslayer
Look at this:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Watched ton of film on these new variations....I predict KL season 4 will be the season of Johnny, jumping hyper neutral-destroying Jacquis that make kung lao look tame, highborn Kitanas, and Kanos.
But all way less in frequency compared to Liu Kang, of course.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

I wouldn't call them nerfs. He has crazy pressure and setups in V3 and great mix and corner pressure.

He has real 50/50's into ice trap and can launch from both overhead and low in the corner. He is definitely close to top tier now. It sucks we can't grab into ice trap but it would have been kind da broke but we can still hitsrun into it and still works on interactables.

And Kotal my boi:

@Vslayer
Look at this:

omg the battle-damaged terminator is fire. I wana see the alternate colors for the quinn skin.

And Kotal my boi:

@Vslayer
Look at this:

Tweedy is a dumbass if he really means what he says about Cage. Probably got clipped by a mid forceball and had a stroke, i mean you can't trust these pros anymore man, if Johnny is top 5 than there must be a new rating system like -5 5 and +5 or something like that. Lol, bunch of stooges these "pros"

Gaxkang

Banned
Patch isn't gonna be on PC until the 8th I guess but my biggest question will always be what's guaranteed off D1 hit, really. Like say, with Kano. Or anybody. And (online).

In a game where D1 is being hit so dang much there's gotta be more to do than just rolling the dice on a throw that might work, be broken, or someone will just mash D2 into krush combo.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Patch isn't gonna be on PC until the 8th I guess but my biggest question will always be what's guaranteed off D1 hit, really. Like say, with Kano. Or anybody. And (online).

In a game where D1 is being hit so dang much there's gotta be more to do than just rolling the dice on a throw that might work, be broken, or someone will just mash D2 into krush combo.
Kano can now jail a f1 off his d1 and D3. You can still do s1 and s2 if your frame perfect on the s2

Gaxkang

Banned
Kano can now jail a f1 off his d1 and D3. You can still do s1 and s2 if your frame perfect on the s2
Yeah the frame perfect stuff, especially online was always a no-go for me heh.

But f1 being like guaranteed off d1 is a big thing, lets him play the game. Otherwise it's real blah considering how much d1 has to be used.