What's new

FYI about the GameStop preorders

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just to let everyone know that GameStop is apparently getting some MK11 lunch box tins and Scorpion nylon face masks to give away at night of launch.

I caved and also preordered the premium edition. They were only slotted for ONE Kollectors edition(???) and that sold day 1 of announcement.

I mainly wanted to inform you guys and gals of the free stuff they should be getting. Check with your local GameStop first to confirm.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Can you also inform us what's up with Germany and the Premium Edition of the game? The PE is still not available around here and I'm not really willing to preorder the Premium Edition from Italy, France or even the UK.
The German Gamestop also doesn't offer the Premium Edition. They do have the regular edition with a steelcase, but that's just not the same.

(Oh, and I'm just ranting. I'm not actually asking for information. But if someone can hit one of the NRS people up on Twitter and get the information, I would appreciate it for sure. I don't do the social media thing.)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can you also inform us what's up with Germany and the Premium Edition of the game? The PE is still not available around here and I'm not really willing to preorder the Premium Edition from Italy, France or even the UK.
The German Gamestop also doesn't offer the Premium Edition. They do have the regular edition with a steelcase, but that's just not the same.

(Oh, and I'm just ranting. I'm not actually asking for information. But if someone can hit one of the NRS people up on Twitter and get the information, I would appreciate it for sure. I don't do the social media thing.)
They had it for like a month after the initial announcement of the game but when the premium version was actually announced by NRS Gamestop took it down for some reason. I just ordered it on PSN.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I wanna know about the physical copy pre order in Brazil, they don't even announce Shao Kahn as a pre order, but all the videos posted in WB Brazil pages say that you'll get Shao Kahn and beta access, but whenever the fuck I ask, to Warner or the shop I bought, they doesn't really answer me, so that sucks.

The only thing WB straight up answered after I opened a ticket on their site is that if I pre ordered I WILL get Shao Kahn, so yay.

But about beta, no clue.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
They had it for like a month after the initial announcement of the game but when the premium version was actually announced by NRS Gamestop took it down for some reason. I just ordered it on PSN.
That's so weird.

Unfortunately I only buy physical copies, so I'm really hoping the Premium Edition will still come out.
Just today my 'Devil May Cry 5 - Deluxe Edition' arrived. Unboxing the games and holding them just makes for a better experience than just downloading them online. All personal preference though.

I ordered digitally so I can pre load the game then I'll by the Kollector's Edition later when it's on sale

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, I'll be there by 8 o clock probably 7 actually because mine is doing a 9 pm release so I don't have to wait til freaking Midnight!!

Thanks for the heads up, I've been meaning to get a lunchbox but not sure of what now I know and I'll be there few hours earlier just for that. lol hell who needs an overpriced mask bust when I can have the game, season pass, MK lunchbox and a Scorp mask! lol

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
I haven't pre-oredered yet. Let me see if I read this right. If I pre-order whatever I need to to get the Mortal Kombat lunch box, I will have to show up on an actual specific time frame to receive it? Lame!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I haven't pre-oredered yet. Let me see if I read this right. If I pre-order whatever I need to to get the Mortal Kombat lunch box, I will have to show up on an actual specific time frame to receive it? Lame!
My guy at my local store said they would be receiving said items to give away or give away to tournament winners if they run a tournament that night for the game. If you go into GameStop the commercial I saw advertising this was playing on the TV.

I then asked the guy about it and he gave me the info.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
My guy at my local store said they would be receiving said items to give away or give away to tournament winners if they run a tournament that night for the game. If you go into GameStop the commercial I saw advertising this was playing on the TV.

I then asked the guy about it and he gave me the info.
Thanks for the information. I'll pre-order this game next week or so, I'll see if your information is mimicking the employees'! A Mortal Kombat lunch box would be cool!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Thanks for the information. I'll pre-order this game next week or so, I'll see if your information is mimicking the employees'! A Mortal Kombat lunch box would be cool!
If yours has a TV or even if they don't just listen to the radio/sound to hear them mention it in store. I would have taken a photo or recorded it, but I wasn't expecting it and by the time I went to take a photo, it went on to the next game ad.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
If yours has a TV or even if they don't just listen to the radio/sound to hear them mention it in store. I would have taken a photo or recorded it, but I wasn't expecting it and by the time I went to take a photo, it went on to the next game ad.
Okay. I have three GameStop(s) within like 10 minutes of me. I can check them all out!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just to let everyone know that GameStop is apparently getting some MK11 lunch box tins and Scorpion nylon face masks to give away at night of launch.

I caved and also preordered the premium edition. They were only slotted for ONE Kollectors edition(???) and that sold day 1 of announcement.

I mainly wanted to inform you guys and gals of the free stuff they should be getting. Check with your local GameStop first to confirm.
Okay also... my local GameStop got about 10 tins. They didnt receive the masks yet, but they told me that every store should be getting around 30 of them.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Okay also... my local GameStop got about 10 tins. They didnt receive the masks yet, but they told me that every store should be getting around 30 of them.
Oof....wondering if I should go to my Gamestop early to make sure I can cop those. I missed out on the Injustice 2 shirt cause my store said there wasn't going to be an early release. Don't wanna miss out on these.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Oof....wondering if I should go to my Gamestop early to make sure I can cop those. I missed out on the Injustice 2 shirt cause my store said there wasn't going to be an early release. Don't wanna miss out on these.
Okay, so I am going back on Monday at 6PM EST to claim my ticket spot in line. I then need to go back at 8PM to claim my spot in line for the event. The event starts at 9PM.

#tipsforyou

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I saw that poster up. It said limited quantities so it’s best to be there early. I don’t go to gamestop often but I heard him say they were handing it out at 9pm in Monday. Can anyone who shops at GameStop confirm this?