What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I expect nothing, if comes then well whatever / fine, if not no problem - i'm having a blast in KI on PC.
I really like watching the KI tournaments and would like to check the game out. Unfortunately, I only have one Win 10 system and it's a laptop that isn't up to the challenge. Too bad because it would a good time for me to start looking into it. I hear only good things though.

Just like some ppl got their hopes up with Boon's tweets about 500k, they should learn from this. If I were a betting person I'd guess since these branches in Steam DB are called "wb_patchtesting" they might be patches for things that exist in current PC version of the game at best.
I'm taking a skeptical attitude on this one, but I do think it's a very different situation. I don't think there is anything to learn from the troll tweet situation that applies here. Despite some weird suspicions, Boon isn't personally tinkering with Steam files just to wig the PC community out. Or at least it's a really long, impractical, convoluted way of doing it. It's a bit narcissistic/paranoid for the community to think anyone would care enough to go to that kind of trouble. If someone actually ever did such a thing then they would deserve whatever backlash came of it, but I think sticking to Twitter is more practical as far as trolling is concerned.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I'd like to say that if these database entries were of some significance WB would let us know. Unfortunately, knowing WB "awesome skills" with regards to communication, it's like a wastelands. Well, back to Fallout 2. I'm lovin' it again.

I'd like to say that if these database entries were of some significance WB would let us know. Unfortunately, knowing WB "awesome skills" with regards to communication, it's like a wastelands. Well, back to Fallout 2. I'm lovin' it again.
have you tried restoration project? If not, try it. It adds content that Interplay cut due to deadline, it`s awesome ;)

Today there were minor changes in steamdb. Damn they are really hell-bent on deleting this game from steam to work on Sunday.
Those are just change log updates though, nothing important.

Whatever changes they are doing though, whether it's nothing, something, or the game slowly being removed, it's still installing fine. Formatted my PC today and clean installed everything. Absolutely no issues with Mortal Kombat X's re-install.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I really like watching the KI tournaments and would like to check the game out. Unfortunately, I only have one Win 10 system and it's a laptop that isn't up to the challenge. Too bad because it would a good time for me to start looking into it. I hear only good things though.
Can't upgrade another system either, I suppose?
On a side note, I feel you. I had to buy another HDD to make this thing work (so I could have a boot for Win10 isolated from the rest of the system). I was slow about it and only played a bit through Dojo. Apparently there are still network issues with the game, although whether they are game issues or Win10 issues with everything else is remains to be seen.

On a side note, it's pity that TYM didn't capitalize on KI. UC forums are too sterile for my liking :D

Gamer68

Fujin!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh yeah, another reason why I think MKXL PC could be happening: Ed Boon said that people who think NRS/WB is (or did) give up on the PC version is "uneducated" and also joked about a Mac version happening.

In other news: NRS was hiring for a new project a few months back. Also, Carlos, the mokap man at NRS started on motion capture work for something not long after/before KP2's release.

Lastly, it's getting to be that time of (every other) year where NRS announces their new big project (aka a new game).

Either way, around E3 there is -- most likely -- going to be some HUGE news about something. If past NRS reveal dates point towards anything, we should be getting an announcement in about 2 - 3 weeks.

Slymind

Noob
Here is hoping for the best.

MKXL not releasing on PC was bad not only because of this game itself, but, it pretty much jeopardizes the future of NRS games on PC, because, who would buy another game from them on PC, with the distrust that they could drop the support later on? Hopefully this is just a delay due the fact that they dropped High Voltage for another team to do the port.

Cautiously optimistic.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This isn't a new thing, but something that has been going on for awhile. For more context, this dates back to a discussion in another thread that goes into last month
Future of MKX on PC; KP2/MKXL Confirmed Console Only

Steam also has a thread about it running 42 pages as of right now (which can be found linked in the above thread).

I'm stranded on PC, so I'm all for it, but Boon tweets don't seem to be much to put stock into. The 500,000 tweet had people 100% convinced MKXL for PC was coming out. It was much more promising a tweet, and turned out to be something else.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
At this point, I think we already had enough of troll speculations, gossip rumors and lies about MKXL and KP3 coming to PC platform so .... I only believe if the real thing indeed come once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.