What's new

Question - Dragons Fire fundamentals help

Okay i really like liu kang (dragon variation) in this game but am having trouble playing him. What do you guys do to open people up or apply pressure? and is canceling his fireball important to learn?

ZOOM

Noob
Okay i really like liu kang (dragon variation) in this game but am having trouble playing him. What do you guys do to open people up or apply pressure? and is canceling his fireball important to learn?
He's got a handful of frametraps off of F213Fireball run cancel.
Sometimes I do, F21 Grab, But this is a gimmick.
SOmetimes when they expect the grab, II do F21, 11, F4, or you can 113 Its a 50/50.

Full screen, use Low fire balls in dragon fire. When they get into footsie range, B2=Overhead, Or, He has a very good low poke, B3 or F3, I believe, which can be fireball rull canceled in the a full combo.

He is weak to jumping in(it will whiff a lot) and he is weak to people on cross up jump ins, outside of that he has on ok Anti air, so try to play a ground game

If you knock someone down and they go for EX wake up, B1 Can armor break a TON of wake ups.Well over 90%.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I wouldn't start off with fireball cancels. Use back2 or 2,2 to train them to block high. Then go into his BnB, f4,4 xx Bicycle kick. Ex that and go from there.

oleg44

Noob
guys please tell me why and how to do fb cancels? what do i get from this cancel? and how should i perform it?

kaseyk

Noob
In DF you have to learn the fbc its the staple of the variation .
Its key for opening people and keeps your pressure going longer and increases meter building .

You can be hit out of some of the fbc options but its rare because the window to react is small and the threat of othe specials keep most people on the defensive .