What's new

Fully dedicated but I need help (new main)

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
So like the post indicates I have fully dedicated myself to the goddess. I have changed my gamertag to New WW Main, I'm doing this for the sheer challenge. Anyone with knowledge please assist. I wish to play her to the utmost skill level. :D she's bomb.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think the key to using her is the regular, frequent and constant use of trait. I feel she plays very differently to most of the roster because of this as you need to have certain styles in mind and switch to them depending on what trait you are using. I feel a good WW player will almost never not be in trait.. as soon as the trait is ready it should be cast, every time.. so the mark of a good player is about how quickly the trait button gets hit after the bar fills up. Then, depending on what gets activated the player needs to adjust the game plan. You get shied buff.. well time for spacing control. You get speed increase, then it is keep away time / cross up. etc etc. I think of it like a variation system in MKx.. each trait is a completely different playstyle. I think this is why she dose not have the most spectacular combos, as it is all about regular damage.. get in and get out.. spacing is what she is all about.. and the trait will dictate how she dose it.

seveergg

I think the key to using her is the regular, frequent and constant use of trait. I feel she plays very differently to most of the roster because of this as you need to have certain styles in mind and switch to them depending on what trait you are using. I feel a good WW player will almost never not be in trait.. as soon as the trait is ready it should be cast, every time.. so the mark of a good player is about how quickly the trait button gets hit after the bar fills up. Then, depending on what gets activated the player needs to adjust the game plan. You get shied buff.. well time for spacing control. You get speed increase, then it is keep away time / cross up. etc etc. I think of it like a variation system in MKx.. each trait is a completely different playstyle. I think this is why she dose not have the most spectacular combos, as it is all about regular damage.. get in and get out.. spacing is what she is all about.. and the trait will dictate how she dose it.
Yah I figured out pretty quickly that trait is imperative while playing her. And it's fun, she has super duper good mind games lol
What is awesome about her and from running sets with a couple high ranking and actually good friends, when you get the whip buff and you hit someone with a 30% 2 hit combo it scares people. The sound is oh so satisfying too, once they get hit by it, every time you get the buff people tend to be afraid. Idk this character is just wild and crazy and random, and she's a villain in this game so yay. She also does 37% meter less mid screen damage lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If you go to the YouTube channel for Akromaniac27, he has some WW guides where he goes over normals, specials, combos, meta, and other stuff. It's really good. He also uploads tons of great match footage.

I'd say she works best using a methodical, patient style. Slowly grinding away, pushing to the corner, and capitalizing on an opponents mistakes.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Always have trait up... always. I don't see that often enough.

113 with hermes buff allows a cross up on kd
70% damage with bracelets buff, parry is super important, use as much as possible
lasso buff is probably the most "useless" buff but it's not terrible
learn to IA shield toss, and remember it has priority when you have the shield buff

seveergg

Always have trait up... always. I don't see that often enough.

113 with hermes buff allows a cross up on kd
70% damage with bracelets buff, parry is super important, use as much as possible
lasso buff is probably the most "useless" buff but it's not terrible
learn to IA shield toss, and remember it has priority when you have the shield buff
Damn didn't even think about parry damage buff. Good ish, I also was not aware she could IA shield, I'm sure the timing on that is super cool though, I hate learning iafbs. Trying to be the best ww so good stuff to know all around appreciate it bois

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Damn didn't even think about parry damage buff. Good ish, I also was not aware she could IA shield, I'm sure the timing on that is super cool though, I hate learning iafbs. Trying to be the best ww so good stuff to know all around appreciate it bois
The most helpful thing with the parry that this forum taught me is that you can use it to punish mbb3s and f3s for big damage, and it gets kind of ridiculous once you add in the trait damage. It's really worth practicing.

seveergg

The most helpful thing with the parry that this forum taught me is that you can use it to punish mbb3s and f3s for big damage, and it gets kind of ridiculous once you add in the trait damage. It's really worth practicing.
Yah I gotta work onnmy timing. To be honest the only thing that's been holding me back this game has been finding the right character I want to play, I've gone through brainiac, cyborg, joker, grodd, cold, ivy, darkseid, red hood, black Adam, aquaman, and scarecrow. I'm good with all of them but because I constantly swap around I am not great at any of them. Ww is fun and feels right and not op I don't play top tiers . I think this is the right fit and y'all can expect to see some dope shit hopefully