What's new

Guide - Summoner FULL Summoner Quan Chi Guide as of 11/2016

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey Guys! Thinking of picking up Summoner? Pro tip!

Don't!

Just joking... he's super fun and very competitive, but in a different way. His lack of defense makes him very hard to master but he does have plenty of perks. He is the NRS version of a one touch kill character and after all the nerfs/buffs to the patch I decided to re-do my guide to help anyone who wants to learn him. He makes a good secondary for characters who struggle against zoning or lack a strong offensive game. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

@STORMS
@Goldy
@The_Tile
@legion666
@Israfel
@Rude
@Conflict_90
@michaelangelo

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
How can Quan Chi have both zoning and offensive game? That lacks others who doesn't. Smh.

TBH, i used to be a Quan but that's pretty bullshit.

He explicitly mentioned defense. Take the negativity elsewhere.

And thanks, dink.
Nah. Like i would be using sky drop with 3 hit armor everytime i am being pressure. Plus pressure easy to escape. His defense is totally fine so idk what are you trying to tell me. He lacks nothing but corner which is rare.

He is great in many infinite ways that's why he is too good he would be my main but i am not. Plus a great backdash.

Last edited:

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Alrighty...

Any tips for applying this to Sorcerer or is there a second video on its way? :)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Nah. Like i would be using sky drop with 3 hit armor everytime i am being pressure. Plus pressure easy to escape. His defense is totally fine so idk what are you trying to tell me. He lacks nothing but corner which is rare.

He is great in many infinite ways that's why he is too good he would be my main but i am not. Plus a great backdash.
skydrop certainly does not have three hits of armour lol I WISH! it has only one and you can just Neutral jump on its way down and it will totally whiff. once you start pressure on quan he kinda dies

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

You have no idea what you're talking about.

skydrop certainly does not have three hits of armour lol I WISH! it has only one and you can just Neutral jump on its way down and it will totally whiff. once you start pressure on quan he kinda dies
If it was 3 hits i still wouldn't use it for escape pressure in most cases... I solved your confusion. I still don't know where really Quan would have trouble escaping pressure like the pressure never ends, if you speak about corner then we don't have nothing to talk about.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
If it was 3 hits i still wouldn't use it for escape pressure in most cases... I solved your confusion. I still don't know where really Quan would have trouble escaping pressure like the pressure never ends, if you speak about corner then we don't have nothing to talk about.
I get the feeling that English isn't your first language, which is fine ofc, but you're coming across with a "matter of fact" attitude. You also seem ill informed about some of quans mechanics.

That said, I would suggest maybe going about with with questions rather than statements. And the video has a good amount of useful information.

I get the feeling that English isn't your first language, which is fine ofc, but you're coming across with a "matter of fact" attitude. You also seem ill informed about some of quans mechanics.

That said, I would suggest maybe going about with with questions rather than statements. And the video has a good amount of useful information.
I don't need to show emotions by text if that's what it means. However you said, you get the feeling English isn't my second language so i want to know what i did wrong.

Anyways i don't think Quan needs no buff or maybe a nerf anymore besides Skydrop buff which is every Quan player wants but you know every character must have a weakness but I suggest increase recovery to one of his specials just to leave out a negativity in his thread just to bother you and dink. :)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I don't need to show emotions by text if that's what it means. However you said, you get the feeling English isn't my second language so i want to know what i did wrong.

Anyways i don't think Quan needs no buff or maybe a nerf anymore besides Skydrop buff which is every Quan player wants but you know every character must have a weakness but I suggest increase recovery to one of his specials just to leave out a negativity in his thread just to bother you and dink. :)
quan would still have a weakness....his slow and mostly unsafe or minus strings.

Ardet

Noob
Good guide Dinky. I need help with Summoner. I know all his most dmging combos, setups, htbs, all dirty stuff. But I dont know how to use him in neutral and play footsies. I cant start doing my dirt cuz I am always on defence side. He lacks of good mid imo. I dont know what to do. I catch myself doing njps like crazy or jumping backwards and try to catch them going forward or spam air skulls. And then they block one, run and they are at my neck. If I do runes and it miss I cant press block cuz it will do mb rune, I loose bar and get comboed. Then if I land d3 I can do 5050, but without bar everytging is unsafe or with mb rune it gives me nothing onliy poke. If I decide to do mid like f212 or b12 it leads to nothing. I do sometimes d3 into mb rune which catch some ppl. But beside that, dunno how to play better neutral. I feel like I am always blocking with Quan and it is so frustrating. Bare in mind I use to play BG Kotal so I am use to block on wakeup and be patient and I play cybernatic so I know to play footsie and use backdash to whiff punnish. But even tho Quan has good backdash too I cant whiff punnish with him. I mean its too risky to do b1-trance if it doesnt hit them, it cant be hitconfirmable. Please help guys, I really want to master this variation.

Arzumis

Noob
Good guide Dinky. I need help with Summoner. I know all his most dmging combos, setups, htbs, all dirty stuff. But I dont know how to use him in neutral and play footsies. I cant start doing my dirt cuz I am always on defence side. He lacks of good mid imo. I dont know what to do. I catch myself doing njps like crazy or jumping backwards and try to catch them going forward or spam air skulls. And then they block one, run and they are at my neck. If I do runes and it miss I cant press block cuz it will do mb rune, I loose bar and get comboed. Then if I land d3 I can do 5050, but without bar everytging is unsafe or with mb rune it gives me nothing onliy poke. If I decide to do mid like f212 or b12 it leads to nothing. I do sometimes d3 into mb rune which catch some ppl. But beside that, dunno how to play better neutral. I feel like I am always blocking with Quan and it is so frustrating. Bare in mind I use to play BG Kotal so I am use to block on wakeup and be patient and I play cybernatic so I know to play footsie and use backdash to whiff punnish. But even tho Quan has good backdash too I cant whiff punnish with him. I mean its too risky to do b1-trance if it doesnt hit them, it cant be hitconfirmable. Please help guys, I really want to master this variation.
Well quan is not a neutral god you either want to get in and mix them up or or stay away to zone them. B2 and b1 into trance are your whiff punishers, you gotta believe in yourself and commit to them.