What's new

Full Sub-Zero Stream Break Down (all buttons and additional info)

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
They did a good job making up for the fact that iceball doesn't freeze anymore but not winning projectile trades feels very unsubzerolike to me. The offensive ice clones being gear moves sucks, but he'll live. Sub Zero still bringing the hype with plus frames, an amazing d2, a f3 that will do massive work in the corner, good jump ins, and don't forget about his new solid looking mids.

33xxmbBurst will be a powerful tool for pressure and getting offense started. His command grab will also be clutch here. All I felt was salt when it was confirmed that iceball didn't freeze, but after looking back, Sub Zero looks really good.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He's also going to have scare crow pressure btw. In the game where he fights bane, 16bit does the mb ice crush that's plus and on block. The move leaves the opponent right next to subzero with plus frames.. Same exact just scarecrow type pressure

Lokheit

Noob
First thing once he is out is checking the possible tick throws and if the command grab can be ducked or not. Plus frames won't be that big of a deal for "scarecrowlite pressure" if the grab is duckable. (Also, isn't crow's plus ftames move also a launcher in the corner? I might be wrong).

Don't get your hopes up. He said the same thing about ivy
Yup, it seems like "true grab" is freely used for unblockables regardless of it being duckable or not. My money right now is on it being duckable, we will see.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yo hype. First game playing sub, but I told myself I am going to at least pocket any MK character that gets added in this game. And oh boy am I excited for Tuesday. He looks super fun, and I'm getting my hopes up that the MUs I can't play with Harley sub can fill. The clone cooldown time isn't very long, so that makes me happy. Plus classic ninja costumes and colors. Reptile here I come.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
t
He's also going to have scare crow pressure btw. In the game where he fights bane, 16bit does the mb ice crush that's plus and on block. The move leaves the opponent right next to subzero with plus frames.. Same exact just scarecrow type pressure
will depend if he has a string that jails into mb shatter sure there might be a gap between normal and mb part on block even how plus the mb shatter is in general

if there is a string that jails into it be handy for eating up time of clone cooldown (like how ice clone cooldown doesnt restart till after opponent frozen from clone is finished being comboed)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wow nice breakdown lol, I must say his Ermac classic suit was badass I'm using him just for that lol. Every ninja look is so dope.

And his gear looks epically cool!!(pun intended) lol I wish they would have went with that robotic/cybernetic looking mask with wires on it that he has as gear in this game for his cybernetic look in MK 9 personally, would he looked literally human but also cybernetic too if you know the mask I'm talking about. He has easily the best looking gear in the game IMO

The fact that he has a string into a command grab that can be meterburned/ex'd for freeze stun for another free combo is insane if you think about it. I also like how he has not just defensive tools but also good anti-zoning tools too, though with a few zoning tools of his own. I'm really curious how he'll do against Deadshot, Fate, Firestorm etc with that meterburn freeze ball.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I watched this. Just came back from Athens.

Well, can't be helped, but those gear moves are Bi Han's original powers, not Kuai Liang's. I remember the original MK and MKII, along with MK Trilogy, having Bi Han's powers (Ice Floor) and his Shadow powers.

@Lokheit , seems like that Air Hammer has 3 different after-inputs, just like Cold's Icicle with his different distances.

It's a pity that they made him kind of decent. We'll see how will he fare against the other fighters. It's a new move that you can do the double Ice Klone Toss. I hope to end the double Ice Klone in the corner to end the IK Toss into D1, just like in the trolling video I made for @M.D. . For reference, here you go...

(lol)

I can already think of many combos from either ground or air starts. Can't wait to lab the shit out of him. Gotta train my ass with this Polar Puncture, because I don't have other choice than to face this difficult shit of input there.

I hope the Ice Shatter juggles the opponent quite high like in MKX to end this combo with either the PP or any other move.

I'm sad that the PP won't be canceable here. Its MB one is like PPxxEX IB.

BTW, the F33 into Slide is already in MKX, so they just ported it.

BTW, I noticed that his F12 is a stunning one. Will work it out to see if I can be fast enough to grab them.

BTW, his teleport is like Takeda's.

I noticed that his green gear switched his Ice Klone into an Ice Bear one. Nightwolf reference?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I hope Atrocitus beats every sub main into a catatonic state rocking back and forth in the subway.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I can already think of many combos from either ground or air starts. Can't wait to lab the shit out of him. Gotta train my ass with this Polar Puncture, because I don't have other choice than to face this difficult shit of input there.
That dbf1 is going to kill me as well. Never touched Cryo after the Oct 4th patch because I hate it so much. Hopefully the tick throws don't require you to input it insanely fast.

Bye Bye Max trolling combo. I will miss you.:(
At least this combo is going to live somehow:)
Those where presents from My and My friend Tanno for the dearest friend @M.D.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit , seems like that Air Hammer has 3 different after-inputs, just like Cold's Icicle with his different distances.
I don't think it's like Cold's, it's just regular version working like MKX, MB adding a push like with many other moves in the game and apparently a gear upgrade that makes MB version launch instead of pushing.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I don't think it's like Cold's, it's just regular version working like MKX, MB adding a push like with many other moves in the game and apparently a gear upgrade that makes MB version launch instead of pushing.
This is kind of confusing now. :S

I expect to see him tomorrow to lab what's true or not there regarding this. The fact that they didn't show the launching one in gear mode makes it confusing.