What's new

Tech Full Screen Shake Cancels for Meter Building: Uses, Meter Building Speed, Gimmicks, and more

b, f, hold 1, bb, release 1, f, hold 1, bb, release 1, f, hold 1
etc.

doing air throws very close to the ground leaves you with very few recovery frames, and you can cancel into specials instantly so use this to your advantage when creating space from your opponent. shake~backdash cancel~smoke away builds retarded space, and will get you back to fullscreen to start your fullscreen footsie game all over again.

Check the vid for a quick and dirty introduction to these shake cancels

Excuse my execution errors, I'm not really practicing or playing this game anymore. But, for those of you that do still play this game seriously, this is a technique that you all really should be aware of and be comfortable with doing. It works wonders against a lot of characters that have no way of blowing through this at fullscreen, so they are FORCED to come in at you or else you not only sit on your life lead, you build hella free meter. Remember that 50% of your life taken = 1 bar, so by building even half a bar this way that's 25% health worth of damage your opponent isn't doing to you in order to get that meter... in addition to the eventual breaker you will build up from doing this as well as your standard pressure/defense.

Think about this and apply it to your playstyle as you see fit

I'll write more after I get home from the gym today.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
LaR has been doing the far off shake shanangines against me for a while,its a great tactic for a number of reasons.
f4~shake on block is really mindfucky aswell lol

LaR has been doing the far off shake shanangines against me for a while,its a great tactic for a number of reasons.
f4~shake on block is really mindfucky aswell lol
While I disagree with lar a lot I'm glad to see he's doing this too. F4 shake cancel is awesome lol I love doing that

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
While I disagree with lar a lot I'm glad to see he's doing this too. F4 shake cancel is awesome lol I love doing that
ah sure everyone has disagreements, ive had a few heated discussions with my fellow tarkatans,
but id be glad to have a mind like lars helping the baraka/mileena community and even though he hates him cyrax too.
hes a very good bullshit detector lol