What's new

Full Screen MB Cat Dash is -8

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Normally, MB Cat Dash is -13. From full screen, it's -9. Tested against Atrocitus's 9f Rage Charge (bf1) reversal.

An 8f reversal like Flash's 8f Fists of Fury (bf1) can punish full-screen MB Cat Dash.

Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share.
So it's -8 if 8 frame reversals can punish it, but not 9 frame ones.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Might actually be -9 because of something dizzy told @THTB where special moves take a frame from start-up before they're actually active.
This has changed from injustice 1 and MKX?

In Injustice 1 -6 meant 6 frame normals and reversals could punish.

In MKX, -6 meant 6 frame reversals and 5 frame normals could punish.

Has this system been changed for Injustice 2?

Generally in frame data the last startup frame is the first active frame. So a 9 frame move should hit someone that's -9.

That being said you shouldn't really have to test this. If it's -13 regularly and you know how many active frames the move has you can figure out what it is at max range.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
so what your saying is a move listed as 9 frames won't actually do anything till the 10th frame?
Yes.

The old way of doing frame data, before SFIV, excluded the first active from the startup frames. So an 8 frame move won't actually hit until frame 9.

On reversal, 1 frame is removed from blockstun. So -8 is punished by normals listed at 7 frames, and 8 frame reversal specials. Most of the cast should he able to punish, but a couple aren't capable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yes.

The old way of doing frame data, before SFIV, excluded the first active from the startup frames. So an 8 frame move won't actually hit until frame 9.

On reversal, 1 frame is removed from blockstun. So -8 is punished by normals listed at 7 frames, and 8 frame reversal specials. Most of the cast should he able to punish, but a couple aren't capable.
Cool so it's still -8 since 9 frame reversals can't punish but 8 frame ones can.

champdee

Noob
ya, from full screen it's for sure "safer" was like this in 1 I believe.. good to know though scars :)

edit: actually think sometimes her b3 isn't -3 sometimes.. like.. I'm getting full punished by AM on -3 and mashing backdash? Maybe someone can explain/help, would be appreciated

Ya among a few things this is one I didn't know in winners finals of my pool. Low whip -13 is really crazy too can't check her. I tried to punish with my max damage b233 combo but I guess I'll just have to do the f1 punish instead at that range

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Yep, frame data says -16. I knew there was something fishy with it. Ok so let's make it punishable nrs, it's all reward and no risk.

Pretty silly when you play a Fate player. No reason not to wakeup do it everytime and it's fast enough that you can do it on reaction too

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I was wondering why I could punish it clean with BC but couldn't punish with Ivy lol.

I need meter to punish this -____- d1 MB Datura

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It's pretty easy stuff

Start up frames are frames before the hitbox contacts the hurtbox aka the first active frame

So if I move is -9 it takes 8 frames of start up for the first collision "active frame" to connect

Special rule in NRS games Reversals came out 1 frame earlier.

But hey, I've seen the very top level players still confused by this so it's nothing to be ashamed off

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Yay. I still think the problem with this move is the blockstun and not the frame data, but whatever.

Blockstun needs to be seriously looked at for moves like this, her whip, and Robin's run. Makes no sense.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't think I'm confused? If a move is -8, an 8 frame reversal will punish (but it will require a 7 frame normal). Since full screen catdash is punished by 8 frame reversals, and not 9 frame ones, it is -8.
You're not confused, this is how it is. There is 1f delay for unblocking but reversals skip that frame. Everyone else is confused.