What's new

Full Look at New Raiden Render

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I also noticed that the staff we see in the full Raiden MK11 render is different than the one we see in the MK11 reveal trailer.

The staff he summons in the reveal trailer is hard to see as he swings it around, but as he bashes Scorpion's head in, we get a close-up of the the end of it. And it appears to be the same design as Raiden's staff in MKX.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I also noticed that the staff we see in the full Raiden MK11 render is different than the one we see in the MK11 reveal trailer.

The staff he summons in the reveal trailer is hard to see as he swings it around, but as he bashes Scorpion's head in, we get a close-up of the the end of it. And it appears to be the same design as Raiden's staff in MKX.

Yeah, I noticed that also. I wonder if this is a slight "hint" that MKX gear will be in the game?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Yeah, I noticed that also. I wonder if this is a slight "hint" that MKX gear will be in the game?
Wasn't it already confirmed it would be? I think this is just showing an example of it.
Also, it also makes it more obvious that these are indeed screenshots, and it might actually be the customisation screens we're looking at.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Wasn't it already confirmed it would be? I think this is just showing an example of it.
Also, it also makes it more obvious that these are indeed screenshots, and it might actually be the customisation screens we're looking at.
They haven't confirmed any types of gear, just the fact that the gear system itself is in the game. This is the only hint we have towards gear based off of MKX being in the game -- and potentially full sets.

At the same time, though, it could just be they decided to give Raiden his MKX staff and that's it. Nothing else. I guess we will have to wait and see.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Someone on the sub-reddit also pointed out to me that the ribbons on his hat are red in the trailer, while in the render it looks dark grey/blue'ish (I'm not sure, being colourblind and all).

Gamer68

Fujin!
Someone on the sub-reddit also pointed out to me that the ribbons on his hat are red in the trailer, while in the render it looks dark grey/blue'ish (I'm not sure, being colourblind and all).

His ribbons in the render are a cool grey (has maybe a slight blue/green tint), so you are right.

Anyway, I was actually talking to someone the other day about how it would be cool if you could assign a specific shader to a specific piece of gear. Like I could put a blue shader on his hat, but then a yellow shader on his torso, or something like that. Basically, instead of shaders applying to the whole outfit you get to mix and match them.

Maybe this is that? At the same time though it's important to note that the CG trailer may not be 100% accurate on how the characters look in the final version of the game. It's completely possible that it used to be red but then NRS randomly decided to change it to grey. Or who knows? Maybe the render is actually kinda old somehow and it used to be grey but they changed it to red.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
There are gear and shaders. The differences in the renders and the trailer should be obvious.

Having said that, if everything is strictly cosmetic and you can buy in game currency for loot, I shudder to think what I'll do the first time I'm drunk playing this. "Yo, I need that MK2 gear set for Shang Tsung. Just buy 10 more boxes."