What's new

Full Kung Lao Guide

Hello Everyone,

Kickbykick here, being a while since I made a thread. This thread would include videos on How to play Kung Lao. First time Making a full guide and its kinda tough. I appreciate every support.
I would keep on adding more important information to this guide.
There are TIME-STAMPS, LINKS and BUTTON NOTATIONS in most of the video. Check them out.

Videos:
Character Overview:

Kung Lao's Base Move List:

Full Combo Guide

Mind Games, Neutral and Oki with Kung Lao:

Variation's Explained and Match Review on how the mind games work:

Some Order of Light Tech

More Info
Neutral Tools
Hat-Toss // F12 // 21 // 12 // Block or Wave-Dash D3, D4 // D4 // B4 // Whiff Punish with F1 or F2

Oki Moves
D1 // Grab // F1 Stagger // Jump Kick

AA
S1 // S2 // D2 // D4 // Flawless Block U2 or U3 against Cross Ups

Mind Game
Any Frame Advantage into Either grab or shimmy.
If they block your attack, flawless block them on a read.
Jump Back Dive Kick
Everyone can be grabbed
Teleport OKI
RINSE REPEAT

Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Last edited:
These were all great, @Kickbykick .

One combo I use as a BnB that I don't see get posted much which I think is near optimal and finishes with F12's amazing frames is on a F21/21212/F4 starter it goes:

spin, F4, amp spin, JI2, F12

It's very easy with F21 and 21212, it's a bit tight on F4. This works on virtually every set up reliably unless you get the F4 into amp spin really low which pops them up a bit higher and hits them an extra time with the spin. In that case, I just F12.

These were all great, @Kickbykick .

One combo I use as a BnB that I don't see get posted much which I think is near optimal and finishes with F12's amazing frames is on a F21/21212/F4 starter it goes:

spin, F4, amp spin, JI2, F12

It's very easy with F21 and 21212, it's a bit tight on F4. This works on virtually every set up reliably unless you get the F4 into amp spin really low which pops them up a bit higher and hits them an extra time with the spin. In that case, I just F12.
This is kinda huge. Thanks a lot. Adds 1 damage but the knockdown is the important part. Now I can go for teleport setups and better oki without losing some damage