What's new

Guide - Cyber Sub-Zero FULL CSZ Character Guide - w/ Breakdown, Combos, Tech, Strategies & More!

REO

Undead
I think the problem is that they wanted to keep the game as balanced as possible.

Which I love, but not when some characters keep all major dirt and high reward stuff while others get core stuff taken away.

Like I said, the Dive kicks was huge...
I don't think the problem is CSZ specifically. I think the issue is more of characters in the S tier existing by not being normalized correctly, being over buffed, or just having overpowered characteristics that exploit the game engine too well.

Read thread title then read this lol
I don't think anyone would want to watch a 900+ hour video of how to play against every variation in the game with CSZ, lol.
Are you going to make tutorials for Cyrax And Smoke as well cause this one for Cyber Sub Zero was very helpful
I plan to do more in the future.

Thanks everyone. :)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I don't think anyone would want to watch a 900+ hour video of how to play against every variation in the game with CSZ, lol.
Some of us people with time to kill this summer (like myself) and are considering taking the character seriously despite the nerfs would definitely watch this!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i say just save yourselves the trouble and pick a diff character, CSZ is okay for goofin around but i just can't see playing him if you wanna be serious.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Smoke is still definitely viable. Sektor too. At least IMO[/QUOTE
I don't think the problem is CSZ specifically. I think the issue is more of characters in the S tier existing by not being normalized correctly, being over buffed, or just having overpowered characteristics that exploit the game engine too well.

I plan to do more in the future.

Thanks everyone. :)

U misunderstood.

In the title it says TECH, near the end of the OP u said "does not include tech"

Unless u meant character specific tech.

Anyway just poking fun. Awesome guide dude. Character seems pretty viable.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
i say just save yourselves the trouble and pick a diff character, CSZ is okay for goofin around but i just can't see playing him if you wanna be serious.
What are you talking about. He's been my main since he came out and I'm doing perfectly well with him
Definitely the most enjoyable character I've used as well

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
is the 1112 corner set up all dead? is f2 the only viable one?
Even F2 set-up is probably worse than just going for damage and following up with a raw 50/50 instead

but yeah if you are going to do it, use F2

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Even F2 set-up is probably worse than just going for damage and following up with a raw 50/50 instead

but yeah if you are going to do it, use F2
Ending in F2 ice bomb is far better than going for max damage. It leaves you in a far better situation and is completely safe

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
What are you talking about. He's been my main since he came out and I'm doing perfectly well with him
Definitely the most enjoyable character I've used as well
its up to you if u want to use him. Personally, the senseless nerfs were a real turn off, so i've been done with him ever since.

I have a question? Is the f2 bomb set up dependent on how high your opponent is in the air when you land f2? kind of like pre patch cassie cage nutpunch

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I have a question? Is the f2 bomb set up dependent on how high your opponent is in the air when you land f2? kind of like pre patch cassie cage nutpunch
Yes, in the case the higher they are the more advantage you have to set up a bomb. Same with 1112 though f2 is definitely the go to option.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Thanks, I didn't know if it was my timing or not because sometimes jumping out was free and other times it was punished.
Oh in that case it's different. F2 will guarantee you get the bomb on the ground. However the setup is not. You have to make a read on if your opponent will armor, jump out, delay wakeup etc. Remember bomb guaranteed, setup is not.

Oh in that case it's different. F2 will guarantee you get the bomb on the ground. However the setup is not. You have to make a read on if your opponent will armor, jump out, delay wakeup etc. Remember bomb guaranteed, setup is not.
Yeah I get that, what I meant was when I was making the jump read after I put out the bomb, sometimes they beat my option and other times I beat them. So I didn't know if it was my timing or if I extended the combo too long and didn't land f2 at the proper height giving me less advantage

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Yeah I get that, what I meant was when I was making the jump read after I put out the bomb, sometimes they beat my option and other times I beat them. So I didn't know if it was my timing or if I extended the combo too long and didn't land f2 at the proper height giving me less advantage
Nah you were most likely doing it right. Just setup isn't always guaranteed after f2. Check the GD for CSZ. @RM Ree has been putting in work over there.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
The set-up guarantee is based on how the opponent wakes up. If we guess it, we can stop every option.

F2~ bomb, f43 should beat jump outs before the opponent even leaves the ground. F43 raw lands them on bomb, and can be block confirmed into dive kick for HTB's.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The set-up guarantee is based on how the opponent wakes up. If we guess it, we can stop every option.

F2~ bomb, f43 should beat jump outs before the opponent even leaves the ground. F43 raw lands them on bomb, and can be block confirmed into dive kick for HTB's.
Can we get F4 to beat wakeup pokes every time then? I'm gonna pick up CSZ again, I went back to my roots with a bit of Quan/Cage for a bit but I'm missing LK-S4V493, he's just too fun.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Can we get F4 to beat wakeup pokes every time then? I'm gonna pick up CSZ again, I went back to my roots with a bit of Quan/Cage for a bit but I'm missing LK-S4V493, he's just too fun.
Yes, f4 will beat any wake-up poke in the game, pending f2 hits at an appropriate height.

Hey guys, do we have any tech for corner wake up reversals? Im trying to use HTB's ALOT less now.

I have found that when knocking someone in the corner with F2-bomb set up. Then I get alot of people by doing either a B2 full on overhead (it catches jump outs if timed right even though it may not refreeze you get the pop up to combo into another f2 set up) or B2-slide. So turns it into a 50/50, of course with slide its minimal damage but from that point you can still pressure.

B2 has been my new go to for trip guarding jump-ins and punishing wake up throws/normals/short-range specials.

Attaching a video (of course this Kano player wasn't that good though or had no MU knowledge lol)

Let me know what you guys think, and also my original question about corner wake up reversals lol.