What's new

Question Full clear instructions on smoke reset

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
So I have looked here for the instructions and I cant for the life of me find them though i'm sure they are here somewhere, can anyone tell me in detail how to do it? cheers

DeathTouch

Iceman
jip 2.1 smoke bomb, 3,d+1,2 , f4 ex smokebomb then continue combo with 3,d+1,2. Timing on the forward 4 has to be perfect, specially midscreen.
There are other ways to do it but I find this most consistant.

DeathTouch

Iceman
So I have looked here for the instructions and I cant for the life of me find them though i'm sure they are here somewhere, can anyone tell me in detail how to do it? cheers
jip 2.1 smoke bomb, 3,d+1,2 , f4 ex smokebomb then continue combo with 3,d+1,2. Timing on the forward 4 has to be perfect, specially midscreen.
There are other ways to do it but I find this most consistant.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
midscreen the only way to get it consistently is when the first launching hit is SB. then

dash > 3d12 at max height > wait until they fall level with Smoke > f4 xx EX SB

the timing is tight.

When you're near a corner it works much easier. Just sort of do any combo and kick them into the corner and it will normally work.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
midscreen the only way to get it consistently is when the first launching hit is SB. then

dash > 3d12 at max height > wait until they fall level with Smoke > f4 xx EX SB

the timing is tight.

When you're near a corner it works much easier. Just sort of do any combo and kick them into the corner and it will normally work.
k thanks KT, no sarcastic reply just plain and simple English :D

Enenra

Go to hell.
It's the only way to make the reset truly consistent. I'm damn near 100% there, personally.
I visualized someone getting kicked into a corner and Smoke saying "stay down" and them looking up all sad appeared in my mind and I laughed.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Guys, if you want to consistently use the F4 reset anywhere on the screen, start using this BnB: 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > D1~Smoke Bomb > (walk forward if you want to make it even easier) F4 reset. It's redundant, and not very stylish, but the timing is almost exactly the same as when you try to do it near a corner.

Nobody seems to do this in tourneys for some reason. Believe me. It's very consistent.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Guys, if you want to consistently use the F4 reset anywhere on the screen, start using this BnB: 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > D1~Smoke Bomb > (walk forward if you want) F4 reset. It's redundant, and not very stylish, but the timing is almost exactly the same as when you try to do it near a corner.

Nobody seems to do this in tourneys for some reason. Believe me. It's very consistent.
Are you still being a pussy and not playing online?

Yeah naked smoke bomb resets >>>>>>>> smoke bomb launcher > 3d12, wait f4 reset. Infinitely easier to do but you sacrifice damage.

Doesn't matter though just do whatever the hell it is you want to do with Smoke, the threat of resets is psychological and nothing else.

Faded Dreams V

Expert Rain is really good, lol.

Are you still not going online until EVO is over?
I think it's better than a majority of people in Ranked. lol

And I dunno when I'll return. Maybe after the semester is over. Crunch time has begun.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I think it's better than a lot of the people in Ranked. lol

And I dunno when I'll return. Maybe after the semester is over. Crunch time has begun.
That's true. I promised myself starting tomorrow, I will study my ass off. I need to keep up my grades.

DeathTouch

Iceman
Guys, if you want to consistently use the F4 reset anywhere on the screen, start using this BnB: 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > 3 D1 2 > D1~Smoke Bomb > (walk forward if you want to make it even easier) F4 reset. It's redundant, and not very stylish, but the timing is almost exactly the same as when you try to do it near a corner.

when you do 3,d+1,2 three times in row the opponent moves toward the corner so of course its easy to get the reset there.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I do it like this: jip,3d12,3d12,3SB,f4,enSB. Pretty consistent if the f4 hits.

Faded Dreams V

when you do 3,d+1,2 three times in row the opponent moves toward the corner so of course its easy to get the reset there.
No. Go to the rooftop stage in practice mode, put your opponent in the corner, and drag them away from the corner to the middle of the stage with that BnB. It's guaranteed ANYWHERE on the screen, and requires the same timing as if they were near a corner before you F4 reset (which every Smoke main should be able to do almost 100% by now). If I could make a video, I would. But there's no reason an offline Smoke shouldn't be using that combo. In fact, it's the only time they should be attempting a "guaranteed F4 reset" in the middle of a stage outside of an NJP combo. I'm seeing these players drop that shit too much, and burning hella meter for nothing. =P