What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

fireborg

Noob
This is the first time I’ve said this in an NRS game...but sky walka just might be too execution heavy for me lol. I like V1, but it’s so clearly worse. I haven’t played a ton of difficult characters in the past necessarily, but this is a struggle for me.

Maybe I’m spoiled by this game though, because most characters I just mess around in practice and stumble upon bnbs.
hey dude - but still too cool not to play. i am not great at execution and i am being training him almost since release and could not hit the big combos constantly but now i think i am there

couple of tips

take it easy with him - the character haves so much to offer - so learn easier combos and extend them gradually but also use his other tools restand etc. (he is still fun even without the biggest combos even if you like combo heavy characters - trust me i am like that)

also i cancel out of sky walker a mili second before it hits the second or third time - this leaves him highest in the air

i always thought, that the cancel timing is hard but its not - it is the cancel combined with 42DB2 right afterwards. 42DB2 seems easy by itself right? no. try to cancel skywalker into 34crossbow and you will see how much easier that is.

the problem with 42DB2 is that both the special and the normal include 2. the trick is that you don t have to input 2 in DB2, just DB since it registers the 2 from 42. to me personally this changed / made the execution much easier

Last edited:

Ive been trying to nail the best ways to deal with mindless stompers with v1 fujin. This all works fine and dandy but v1 sheeva makes this all interesting with the delay. If you wait too late or just do normal db2 (no advancing or retreating) it trades.

anyone got tips on how to stuff the v1 stomps?

Edit; This was a dumb question, and would require a delorean going 88 mph to see where in the future they are going to stomp.

The conversions also work with highborns tele kick and upgraded’s bounce.
Highborn destroys Sheeva. That’s why I’m trying Fujin bc he has a good backdash to get out of her fan pressure

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Highborn destroys Sheeva. That’s why I’m trying Fujin bc he has a good backdash to get out of her fan pressure
the only reason I mentioned highborn was to state that the db2 AA conversions in downburst work with tele kick too. It’s gotta be a bit of a read though because if you do it too late when you see the sai come out, you get smacked. But if you get it, then you can get 34% (optimal) off a one bar conversion.

fireborg

Noob
usally i got almost all skins , gear, taunts etc. for my mains , but am still missing quite a lot for fujin. any tips?

Which variation do you use? I am stuck between v1 combo damage and v2 safety
Definitely V2 because not only does needle give you safety, it gives you great chip and a mind game that can allow you to steal back your turn. Sky wakka gives you combos, cancel mindgames, a drop kick, and a way to escape the corner.

That air parry shit at the end is a critical flaw with the move for sure. Has the same problem attempting to do that with sky wakka too since both Wakka and Divine will break the chain of parry kicks needed to get the KB.
Really bizarre that they did that since those moves seem rather necessary to make full use of said parry and KB.

Turbulence is a way cooler move than I originally thought. I actually didn't know you could even amp it, and combining it with the crossbow for the pseudo Lao orbiting hat is pretty tight, hope that stays.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
That air parry shit at the end is a critical flaw with the move for sure. Has the same problem attempting to do that with sky wakka too since both Wakka and Divine will break the chain of parry kicks needed to get the KB.
Really bizarre that they did that since those moves seem rather necessary to make full use of said parry and KB.

Turbulence is a way cooler move than I originally thought. I actually didn't know you could even amp it, and combining it with the crossbow for the pseudo Lao orbiting hat is pretty tight, hope that stays.
Right? Hopefully they address it. It's literally a dead move

Slymind

Noob

Just toying around, not the most pratical combo, and requires two abilities people will likely never use, but looks kinda neat.

I think the hover should've been in his base kit, and Sky Wakka would be the replacement. It's kinda silly both costs one slot, given the amount of things Sky Wakka brings to the table compared to the hover.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.

Just toying around, not the most pratical combo, and requires two abilities people will likely never use, but looks kinda neat.

I think the hover should've been in his base kit, and Sky Wakka would be the replacement. It's kinda silly both costs one slot, given the amount of things Sky Wakka brings to the table compared to the rover.
I agree on that