What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
How to perform his U2 KB? When i turn on easy KB it works, it also works after levitate 2 but when i just do U2 it wont work, any ideas?

So this is part of why Wind Push doesn't deal damage. After I saw this I tested it on Jade and beat glow. It's not a true projectile and beats literally every counter style move in the game. Then I finally go in the move list to see that it's not even tagged as a projectile anyway.
For comparison, b2 is essentially the same move as a normal and it does have the projectile tag. (whiffs on Glow but still beats reflects, Coatl Parry, and Shake)

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So this is part of why Wind Push doesn't deal damage. After I saw this I tested it on Jade and beat glow. It's not a true projectile and beats literally every counter style move in the game. Then I finally go in the move list to see that it's not even tagged as a projectile anyway.
For comparison, b2 is essentially the same move as a normal and it does have the projectile tag. (whiffs on Glow but still beats reflects, Coatl Parry, and Shake)

Yeah I actually consider V3 fusion to be more of an anti zoner because of bf1 being insanely fast and the AMP knocking down to help him get in with his wavedash or F3. The Air Slam is also great to counter airborne projectiles too.

What have you guys been doing in the corner with Kloud Walker? After watching a few guys and Ninjakilla play I noticed it's pretty much just mind games with slide into needle and wind push into needle. Does he have any 290+ dmg kinda combo in the corner?

PS: I noticed 2,3 from afar (only the low connects) makes it so that you don't immediately hit the tornado (DB2) so you can delay it like always and extend a combo but that's about it from what I found.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
That move would have been WAY more interesting for V3. Holy shit.
That's probably why ppl feel that v3 feels incomplete I think it's pretty cool and the utilities It has. The fact that it gives him push dmg is not broken at all. 2%dmg and 1% chip.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Jet Stream is the most interesting move Fujin has, imo. I thought I'd tested it on everything but didn't think about wind push despite it enhancing the damage of his b2 and f2.
You're a genius.
Thx bro. It also buffs his d2

Oh what could have been...

Here's everything that I know of so far that Jet Stream enhances:
  • d2
  • f2
  • b2
  • b2b
  • f31
  • f4
  • d3
  • hop kick
  • Wind Push
Adds damage, range, an extra hit, and more launch scaling to everything. It also makes things more unsafe despite how it appears. (f31 becomes -13 on block)
Actually ruins combos for things like 42~Tornado or 42~Needle, but Air Slam seems to suit it perfectly.

This is now the long lost move of V3...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Yet another reason why making abilities to only be used in custom games SUCKS! I just dont get it. Why waste time creating abilities if you only allow players to use it in a mode that nobody plays? Is this the idea from the guy who also created all the shitty towers and things like reverse inputs or make screen go black?

DarkSado

Noob
Yet another reason why making abilities to only be used in custom games SUCKS! I just dont get it. Why waste time creating abilities if you only allow players to use it in a mode that nobody plays? Is this the idea from the guy who also created all the shitty towers and things like reverse inputs or make screen go black?
Believe or not there lot of people play custom I found five people just now.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
I'm a little disappointed that they fixed Raiden's bug and Fujin's infinite yet if you flawless block V2 needle amp it still gets broken for the rest of the game

DeftMonk

Noob
Believe or not there lot of people play custom I found five people just now.
I thought u were gonna say”believe it or not I find a seizure inducing black flashing screen combined with upside down controls to be fun and innovative gameplay!” But alas I was wrong.

So I guess still, no one has said that ever.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Is there something unique you have to do to cancel his single hitting normals into D~U like F3, B2 and F2?
I struggle with canceling into sky walka from anything, personally.
Anyone have any tips? I don’t remember ever having difficulty with inputs in NRS games until this move.

even other characters with du inputs aren’t a problem for me (noob, or teleports), so what’s going on? Is there just a really small cancel window for the move? It’s like you can’t buffer it at all.

Fujin definitely has high execution relative to the cast in MK11, watching the charity tournament yesterday, I saw a lot of drops by Fujin players.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
What have you guys been doing in the corner with Kloud Walker? After watching a few guys and Ninjakilla play I noticed it's pretty much just mind games with slide into needle and wind push into needle. Does he have any 290+ dmg kinda combo in the corner?

PS: I noticed 2,3 from afar (only the low connects) makes it so that you don't immediately hit the tornado (DB2) so you can delay it like always and extend a combo but that's about it from what I found.
He can still combo off of sky wakka in the corner, and even gets meterless damage off b11212~db2, d1, 42~db4.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I struggle with canceling into sky walka from anything, personally.
Anyone have any tips? I don’t remember ever having difficulty with inputs in NRS games until this move.

even other characters with du inputs aren’t a problem for me (noob, or teleports), so what’s going on? Is there just a really small cancel window for the move? It’s like you can’t buffer it at all.

Fujin definitely has high execution relative to the cast in MK11, watching the charity tournament yesterday, I saw a lot of drops by Fujin players.
My working theory for why it doesn't cancel the same is that it the cancel window is small, and the input happens faster than you think because there's no face button involved, so you miss the timing, which is why the suggestion of inputting ddu I got from someone actually did help some.

DeftMonk

Noob
My working theory for why it doesn't cancel the same is that it the cancel window is small, and the input happens faster than you think because there's no face button involved, so you miss the timing, which is why the suggestion of inputting ddu I got from someone actually did help some.
The window you can buffer this input is rather small. Lao’s du input is similar. The reason for this is nonexistent. Best advice I can give u is just time the u to be input as close to the normal that you wish to cancel off of lands.

But for some reason f3 has a somewhat leniate (I’m sure I spelled that wrong but the spell check thinks I’m trying to spell “penis”) input window for f3du