What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

Plop

Noob
The only similarity I see is the sword itself, and it’s not a katana as far as I can tell. Literally zero moves from Kenshi.
P.S. DID KENSHI EVEN HAVE A STRING WITH THE SWORD IN MKX? Cause I can't rememeber one lol
I dunno, I thought of Kenshi straight away too. Maybe it's just the FB. i dunno, but it does kinda look like they're singing from the same songsheet so far imo

I thought of Kenshi straight away too.
Same, only for the fact that it's a sword flying around controlled by the character. But i was just thinking the other day that i missed some of Kenshi's fight style from MKX. So this should fill the void nicely.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some similarities in some moves, but it doesn't bother me, so long as they fit into Fujin's design. And from the little bits we've seen so far, he's looking good!

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Same, only for the fact that it's a sword flying around controlled by the character. But i was just thinking the other day that i missed some of Kenshi's fight style from MKX. So this should fill the void nicely.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some similarities in some moves, but it doesn't bother me, so long as they fit into Fujin's design. And from the little bits we've seen so far, he's looking good!
His fight style was shit. Tai Chi stance with completely unrelated moves. His whole gameplay was b1 or b3 Into special and tha’s it. Tai Chi from MKD or Sword style with MK9 was much better

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
My man, I thoroughly enjoy 99% of what you say around TYM, but pls, for love of the wind god do NOT let this character be a lameout character :(
lol well I'm going by his armageddon style, he had a wind move that was great at zoning plus he was low tier in that game keep in mind. I don't think zoning is lame, characters like Jacqui, Scorpion are lame lol. Plus to be fair, it's been over a decade since they've put him in an MK game as playable, he better be good lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I wouldn't worry about Fujin being super zone heavy. From what we saw, the dude will have massive corner carry like his brother.

Now let's just hope he doesn't have any similar frame data or normals.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I just wanna see some damn gameplay that shows his variations. The main thing I'm always concerned about with new characters is whether their variations are fun. Sindel was a letdown to me in that regard so I definitely need to see what Fujin's options are.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Not too crazy for that intro, reminds me too much of Kenshi's in one of the previous games... But my favourite god looks so smooth and has a very sexy voice. <3

mook

Noob
Considering he has a datamined line with Johnny that he's a fan of his films, I suspect Fujin is going to be a lot more personable than Angry Lightning McGee.
Shit his bio even says he‘s a pretty cool guy, can‘t imagine his lines are just gonna Raiden 2.0.

Considering he has a datamined line with Johnny that he's a fan of his films, I suspect Fujin is going to be a lot more personable than Angry Lightning McGee.
Makes me wonder if he has always been a god or is a mortal who became one. Raiden tries to be above mortal things because he's a very by the book type, but we've seen him say screw the rules and drop his Elder God status in Deadly Allience (the one time he breaks a rule and he becomes Dark Raiden) and we've seen him grieve over Liu Kang.

but we've seen him say screw the rules and drop his Elder God status in Deadly Allience (the one time he breaks a rule and he becomes Dark Raiden)
He didn't break any rules; he stepped down in order to avoid breaking rules. He became Dark Raiden because he kamikaze'd trying to kill Onaga but when he failed his god juice got tainted by Onaga's chad musk while he reassembled.

He didn't break any rules; he stepped down in order to avoid breaking rules. He became Dark Raiden because he kamikaze'd trying to kill Onaga but when he failed his god juice got tainted by Onaga's chad musk while he reassembled.
Still it shows strength of character to resign from his promotion and step in even when the Elder Gods are telling him it will only end badly. Raiden's character flaw is a side effect of his greatest strength. Despite his all business attitude, he does care for the mortals. A Hell of a lot more than the Elder Gods who are apathetic at best.

MKF30

Makes me wonder if he has always been a god or is a mortal who became one. Raiden tries to be above mortal things because he's a very by the book type, but we've seen him say screw the rules and drop his Elder God status in Deadly Allience (the one time he breaks a rule and he becomes Dark Raiden) and we've seen him grieve over Liu Kang.
I don't think he tries to be above I mean he is technically but he's more of a serious mentor, fujin is not as serious he has more or a personality when he not saving earthrealm. Raiden follows the rules unless he feels he has no other choice but to break them.

MKF30

@trustful whale

He actually did break the rules in deception shujinko says it himself "In the end only Raiden himself stood between earthrealms total destruction, defying the wishes of the Elder Gods, he alone faced Quan chi and shang stung in mortal kombat earthrealms last hope for freedom"

He clearly went against the elder gods rules once they punked him for any aid, so he said fuck it I'm taking them all on myself. Including onaga, the only reason why onaga survived was because he had all the kamidogu and then shinnoks amulet since raiden literally vaporized everyone except onaga. Quan chi had the amulet before raiden created a freaking nuke like explosion.

Oh, gotcha, I forgot the exact lines.
Damn I miss that Raiden costume. As stupid as that cinematic gets near the end, it's still my favourite one.