What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

KCJ506

Noob
Is it just me, or does he kinda look like Sindel? They look like they could almost be siblings.
Funny that you should say that as Sindel was originally gonna be in MK4, but they wanted more new characters so she was replaced with Fujin. His fatality where he uses wind to blow his opponent's skin off is pretty similar to Sindel's scream fatality.

Fujin, the glorious return could not have been better:
  • story mode focus
  • alongside Shang Tsung
  • ponytail, crossbow and no windstaff (hated that, especially how big it would've been) but a nice sword instead.
  • gorgeous design
  • glowing tattoos, showing he's a god like Fire God Liu
  • with Raiden now no longer a god, Fujin is the new sheriff in town!
His moves look amazing, especially that flying kick sequence in Dead Pool and the whirl of wind with the blade incorporated. I am still hoping for choke attacks, but in any case, it's definitely the most hyped character in all of his facets. Small disappointment: face is a mix of Raiden and Liu Kang instead of his own face and main outfit looks like Shang Tsung's. Voice and look are at least somewhat Asian though.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
What do you expect for his ranked variations ?

I would say : a variation with lots of wind power, a variation more focused on his word, and the third around his crossbow.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
What do you expect for his ranked variations ?

I would say : a variation with lots of wind power, a variation more focused on his word, and the third around his crossbow.
I would Rather there be no more ranked variations, But:
Crossbow/ Zoner
Wind but more defensive/ more patient playstyle get off me options
Wind with sword/ Aggresive

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I'm curious to see if they mean Raiden's literal brother or "brother" as in "comrade" sorta thing considering they're both protector gods of the same realm. I could see them going either way with it, though I'd personally prefer if it just turns out to be a "comrade" style brotherhood.
Me too. The whole idea of inventing non existent family relations for decades old characters, plus gods having parents and siblings, is silly. I felt the same way when they declared out of the blue that Kronika is Shinnok's mother and Cetrion is his sister. Really?! Not only does that diminish the characters in question, but it's also one of the most overused movie/comic-book tropes. Of course, we shouldn't be surprised by that. MK11's story is guilty of pretty much every overused and unimaginative comic book/movie trope there is, including but not limited to:

1. Time travel and different timelines - comic books are especially bad about over (using) this. We get it. Writers want to change cannon and give themselves an in-universe excuse by introducing different timelines in a franchise. Other than lacking creativity and being disrespectful to fans, and the original creators of the franchise (by twisting their vision), this also creates a mess in the storyline, because now there is no longer one consistent plot. Also this makes it pointless to fight against and defeat the antagonist of the story, i.e. what's the point in defeating them if they'll just keep popping-up in the next comic book/movie/game with the excuse of, "Oh well, it's a different timeline". This diminishes the efforts of the protagonists and makes for predictable and uninteresting stories. Same with alternate universes. MK11 hasn't ventured in that territory yet, but judging by their latest storytelling efforts, it's only a matter of time. What makes the time travel in MK11 especially bad is that they just did it, two games ago, in MK9.
  2. Continuously reviving the same old antagonist - that one is up there with timelines as far as worst comic book/movie tropes. Really guys, how many times has Shao Khan been killed/defeated, only for him to come back, over and over and over and over and over and over....again?! You get the point. I know, fans want to play as that character. In that case, they should just not have them killed in the first place.
  3. Retroactively changing pivotal plot points to fit a new narrative - that would be things like Shao Khan being killed in the intro of MK Deadly Alliance, only for the writers to declare 3-4 games later, "Ah well, that was not Shao Khan, that was a clone of his. He put his clone there while he was in hiding or something. And now we have an excuse to bring him back again."
  4. Completely changing a character's appearance to appease political correctness norms - Kitana. I would feel the same way if they suddenly made Jax caucasian. Much like timelines, this is also disrespectful of fans and the character's creators by twisting their vision. Just create new original characters instead, it's that simple. Enough said.

Last edited:

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So, weve seen 2/4 skins for him. What are we thinking for the last 2? MK4 and maybe a Dark Fujin? Old/Future Fujin? Armored Fujin?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Funny that you should say that as Sindel was originally gonna be in MK4, but they wanted more new characters so she was replaced with Fujin. His fatality where he uses wind to blow his opponent's skin off is pretty similar to Sindel's scream fatality.
Fun fact they used her real life actress from mk 3 to play Tanya's mocap.

KCJ506

Noob
I just remembered, one other argument people would use against Fujin being included is because other characters such as Kitana, Kung Lao and Cetrion had wind moves. If we can have several characters that use fire moves and two cryomancers, then why would a few characters have a few wind moves negate a character who's main theme is wind? I've never understood that.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I just remembered, one other argument people would use against Fujin being included is because other characters such as Kitana, Kung Lao and Cetrion had wind moves. If we can have several characters that use fire moves and two cryomancers, then why would a few characters have a few wind moves negate a character who's main theme is wind? I've never understood that.
yep .... they made Batgirl and Batman being diferents characters in Injustice, and the same with Sub-Zero and Captain Cold in Injustice 2 ..... never underestimate NRS capacity of surprise when they need to make characters having their own gameplay and moveset, regardless if they use the same element or not .... :cool:

Fujin, in terms of wind control hability, sure is much more proficient and skillful than both Kitana and Cetrion, since winds are his main natural element , so, pretty sure he can manipulate them better than anyone else ;)

yep .... they made Batgirl and Batman being diferents characters in Injustice, and the same with Sub-Zero and Captain Cold in Injustice 2 ..... never underestimate NRS capacity of surprise when they need to make characters having their own gameplay and moveset, regardless if they use the same element or not .... :cool:

Fujin, in terms of wind control hability, sure is much more proficient and skillful than both Kitana and Cetrion, since winds are his main natural element , so, pretty sure he can manipulate them better than anyone else ;)
Yeah Kitana is mainly an assassin who dabbled a little into learning wind magic, Cetrion is a jack of trades knowing a little bit of several elements but not really specializing in one specifically. Fujin, much like Raiden, specialized in one element.

Me too. The whole idea of inventing non existent family relations for decades old characters, plus gods having parents and siblings, is silly. I felt the same way when they declared out of the blue that Kronika is Shinnok's mother and Cetrion is his sister.
Gods of light and dark being siblings isn't that off putting. It's pretty normal for most pagan pantheons. You either get Moon/Sun or Light/Dark pairings. IE, Apollo and Artemis.

And Raiden and Fujin being siblings actually makes a lot of sense. They are Storm Gods. One is wind, and the other lightning/thunder. Dangerous on their own, but absolutely brutal together.

And I do believe that their mythological inspirations are siblings as well.

It doesn't.

This just in: Street Fighter exists.

Fujin should be a zoner or have a heavy zone style with similar emac like moves using wind instead of tk.
My man, I thoroughly enjoy 99% of what you say around TYM, but pls, for love of the wind god do NOT let this character be a lameout character :(