What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

Finally, my character. This is definitely a breath of fresh air and may be the second wind for me in this game. Even if he isnt a breeze to play, Ill make it work. I cant wait to blow through opponents with gale force god powers. Hopefully these next few weeks fly by.
You full of hot air, you blow hard.

I've seen no confirmations of fujin being cut in mk 9. Links?proof? Though he should have been in it.

Anyway, Fujin should be a zoner or have a heavy zone style with similar emac like moves using wind instead of tk.
It's been well known that data for him was found in the game, and seeing as how he's not in the game, he was cut.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's been well known that data for him was found in the game, and seeing as how he's not in the game, he was cut.
Where? Link? Lots of speculation but I want a link to see if it exists. Best I heard was a rumor but no data file images. Or if anyone from nrs can confirm that works too.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
He better become a regular.
I've been waiting for him for 14 years.
I remember when he was debuted in MK4 I was so hyped about him, (omg 23 years ago??? NANI?? F how old am I??)
I didn't have a computer back then so I would go to my cousin on the weekends and play for the entire weekend
sometimes skip school to steal another day.

He's HAWTTTTT AF and He has the best hair in the game. I am glad they made him and his fighting style gorgeous looking.
There was really no good enough reason not to include him for so long.

I am curious to find out his gameplan across his variations and I assume we'll be getting some Kombat Kast sometime soon!
14 YEARS FUCKING FLEW
I was 10 when Armageddon came out, for fuck’s sake

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
MK4 was the first MK game I owned and played really a lot. He was my favourite character in the game. Loved the sound effect when you hit the opponent with the flying knee special, and loved that you could move around while spinning and he had the coolest looking combo into weapon stance in that game. Then I loved his MKA redesign and Konquest battle (stage was lovely). He looked so sexy in MKX and NRS really broke my heart by not including him in that game.

He looks beautiful again, love that they brought back his long hair and it looks georgeus. Love the flying kicks attack and the styling he does with the sowrd and its sheath. Can't wait to see him in action.

He and Kitana are my favourite characters, and while Kitana looks nice in MK11, her gameplay is unfortunately disappointing so I'm hoping Fujin revives my interest in MK11.

Here's hoping he'll be a part of the starting roster in the next MK game.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Just when I think I've seen everything, I came across one youtube comment actually stating that Fujin's moveset looks like Kenshi's in MKX.
The only similarity I see is the sword itself, and it’s not a katana as far as I can tell. Literally zero moves from Kenshi.
P.S. DID KENSHI EVEN HAVE A STRING WITH THE SWORD IN MKX? Cause I can't rememeber one lol

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Can we talk about the fact that Fujin is now somehow magically Raiden's brother? Correct me if I am wrong, but nothing like that was ever mentioned in previous game. I like Fujin, but there is no need to retcon things and come up with non existant familial bonds just to ...i don't know what they are trying to accomplish. It sounds like unimaginative writing to me, and such a cliche.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Can we talk about the fact that Fujin is now somehow magically Raiden's brother? Correct me if I am wrong, but nothing like that was ever mentioned in previous game. I like Fujin, but there is no need to retcon things and come up with non existant familial bonds just to ...i don't know what they are trying to accomplish. It sounds like unimaginative writing to me, and such a cliche.
I'm curious to see if they mean Raiden's literal brother or "brother" as in "comrade" sorta thing considering they're both protector gods of the same realm. I could see them going either way with it, though I'd personally prefer if it just turns out to be a "comrade" style brotherhood.

Brother in arms I'm thinking. Though wind and lighting are closely associated with storms but we don't see anything about Rain's dad being related to Raiden or Fujin and Argus was a god.