What's new

Ft10 Decay vs Billy Dha Kid (Grundy) sick set!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm 100% sure mbb3 works only as a read. Play Billy, he knows how to deal with it. He does down 2 into wc to bait it. It's just a random guess if he actually does something than can be absorbed by mbb3 and punished. Banes tick throw recovers before the b3 comes out. No offense but I don't know what Grundy players you are playing who do the same tick throws over and over again instead of baiting out the back 3
Well, yeah mb b3 has to be done on read. I wouldn't dispute that. I just meant that you can b3 on reaction to a full WC without the cancel. If he does WCC to d2~WC then you can wait for the WC and b3 through it just as much as he can bait the b3.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
damn billy you need to tick throw more! good games nonetheless!
I tried but trust me when you play decay he plays a really good keepaway game. He will b3 whenever possible and jumps out of most tick throws. Though I could have done more this set looking back as he didn't jump out after a lot of 112s, f12s etc. I've just been playing a lot of people that know the MU recently (@FOREVER KING) that I feel like every time I go for a tick throw I'll get punished.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Billy Dha Kid would really like to play you sometime soon.

What would you say are Lobo's greatest strengths/weaknesses in this match from Grundy's perspective? What would you say Grundy's greatest strengths/weaknesses are?

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
@Billy Dha Kid would really like to play you sometime soon.

What would you say are Lobo's greatest strengths/weaknesses in this match from Grundy's perspective? What would you say Grundy's greatest strengths/weaknesses are?
Lobo's biggest strengths are his j1, his dash is pretty good considering in my set with Decay I couldn't punish it with standing 2, and your f3 for grab immune purposes. Your weaknesses is lack of wakeups and lack of grab immune strings. Grundy's strengths are his armor ofcourse and his anti air capabilities in this mu. The only thing that makes Grundy suffer in this mu is slow normals. I can play later today if you have Xbox.

Decay

King of the Bill
Lobo can't wake up and he can't jump in barely on Grundy. Grundy's armor makes your standing 3 as a footsie tool completely useless. Trait shots don't matter much and also Grundy's life trait makes lobos usually high damage output very low, so you end up wasting more meter to compensate. Also, lobo has zero knockdown oki on Grundy. Lobo has a couple grab immune strings that you see me do in the set but if he cancels the wc, the part of the string that's grab immune gets blocked or gets absorbed by another wc if he does 2 in a row. It's arguably the worst matchup for poor ol lobo but it's nice that Grundy has a winning matchup lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
people say grundy isnt a problem, yet people here are saying that his stuff is hard to deal with....which is it? -_-

Yoaks

A spaceman
people say grundy isnt a problem, yet people here are saying that his stuff is hard to deal with....which is it? -_-
Grundy is hard for Lobo to deal with. Alot of characters can keep him out or do damage with chip. Alot of characters have better throw immune strings than Lobo.

Lobo's main game is to knock you down and pressure you with his oki. But that's practically null and void since Grundy has solid wake up's.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I understand thats why I agree with what decay said a cooldown factor so he cant repeatedly do it
People that haven't played as a Grundy don't know his hardships. This isn't an Aquaman caliber character we are talking about. If you want to give some nerfs to the one thing that keeps Solomon Grundy from being F tier your going to have to suggest massive buffs elsewhere (And I dont mean damage.) The WCC allows Grundy to play a guessing game with an opposing character that has either faster normals, much higher degree of mobility, or multiple hits to break armor. If you make WCC a cooldown it removes the core aspect of Grundy being dominant close up. Because Grundy is not as nimble as his opponents he needs to somehow pressure his opponents rather than being constantly pressured by opponents with much faster normals and grab immune strings. Besides every character has grab immunity. This set is a bad example for a cry for nerfs, Grundy has few winning matchups because of the flawed mechanic of grab immunity, don't use a Lobo vs Grundy set as your reason for normalization. Just appreciate the fact that you actually get to see the very, very, very, very ,very rare occurrence of a high level Grundy vs a high level Lobo match.

Wonderful set to watch @Decay & @Billy Dha Kid

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
People that haven't played as a Grundy don't know his hardships. This isn't an Aquaman caliber character we are talking about. If you want to give some nerfs to the one thing that keeps Solomon Grundy from being F tier your going to have to suggest massive buffs elsewhere (And I dont mean damage.) The WCC allows Grundy to play a guessing game with an opposing character that has either faster normals, much higher degree of mobility, or multiple hits to break armor. If you make WCC a cooldown it removes the core aspect of Grundy being dominant close up. Because Grundy is not as nimble as his opponents he needs to somehow pressure his opponents rather than being constantly pressured by opponents with much faster normals and grab immune strings. Besides every character has grab immunity. This set is a bad example for a cry for nerfs, Grundy has few winning matchups because of the flawed mechanic of grab immunity, don't use a Lobo vs Grundy set as your reason for normalization. Just appreciate the fact that you actually get to see the very, very, very, very ,very rare occurrence of a high level Grundy vs a high level Lobo match.

Wonderful set to watch @Decay & @Billy Dha Kid
How about make him not a turtle speedwise and nerf the wcc