What's new

FRQ|Emperor Theo Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at MLG:Anaheim 2014!

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I have heard Pig and/or CD Jr are gonna be uploading off stream matches. I mean it was hype but people are exaggerating a little. It came down 3-2 Theo.

I mean the people at home only saw about 40% of the matches, and I heard the off stream ones were some of the best.

Fast-paced has nothing to do with it. Actually, (and my existing posts will attest to this) I quite dislike super-fast, frenetic, rushdown play. It killed my enjoyment of Marvel. But there's a difference between fast-paced and exciting. A player like Jupiter plays pretty "slowly," in that he works hard to slow down the pace of the match. But there's a lot of unpredictability to his game that makes it very dynamic. Same can be said for 16bit. But with Theo (and I stress that this is largely due to the way Aquaman is designed, not Theo himself), it's very algorithmic. It's FtD from a distance, trait for defense, and b12~trident rush every other time. Those moves (FtD, Trident Rush, trait) are SO exploitable that nothing else is necessary. Any possible scenario can be solved by judicious application of one of those options, and it's like watching the computer play at a high difficulty.
I did mention a couple of things, character styles, conservative, patient and efficient. You seem to be echoing the same things I tried to summarize. Also, note that I am not condemning anything you wrote, I was just giving a candid opinion.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Nothing against you but I'm tired if hearing this same old song. We heard this with REO and Pl with MK. Then we heard this with KDZ, Rico, and Jupitor. Now Theo. Very time a good player dominates with their main, the character they play/ the player makes the game boring. I don't understand why we can't just give them props and step up and try to be as good or better than them. Instead let's talk about how they and their character ruins the game.
And I would say, what about other people who dominate with their mains such as 16 Bit, Forever King/Darth Arma, Zyphox/Honybee, Cowboy, Tyrant, and Pig for example. They are very good players who dominate with their mains but at the same time are STILL HYPE. What we are trying to get at is that it's not the player, it's the character that isn't hype. Honestly, can you say that pre-patch Superman and Black Adam were hype? If you can, then I applaud you because barely anyone did. Same goes with Jupiter and Theo. Because they and their characters are starting to win every tourney in sight, they are getting less exciting because we're seeing the same things over and over and over and over and over again.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Shout outs to Whiteboi for not only being one of the whitest bois I've ever seen, but for just being so god damn fun to watch play.

I watched everymatch streamed Saturday, and he was by far the funnest to watch.

Shout outs to all the other placers as well, thanks for the show guys.

PS: Ultra David is awesome, and GodSpeed Brady and RIP held it down very nicely. Commentary was krisp and on point.

Did anyone else think GodSpeed looked like he was going to murder someone with his Murder Face look every time they said they were going to commercial?? shit had me rolling on the floor laughing, not sure if he was doing it on purpose,

iloveTSA

Noob
Well, what can I say about Major Commercial League that would be considered positive.

Hmmm...
Hmm..
Hm.

Oh yeah I got it!
Tom "Fucking" Brady.

Cheers~~~~~~~~