What's new

Frost V1 corner looping bomb pressure

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The problem is getting people to hold that, they can counter that jump easily enough. If you get just the right combo/knockdown, and the hurtbox of the opponent is willing, you can get a meaty D1 after a bomb and then you can go into a throw~freeze if they respect your d1 hit advantage. And you can do stuff like B4 or B2 and combo, or even make that a D1~DF2 and the DF2 can freeze if they press buttons. But due to the different hurtboxes of characters and how far the bomb slides back, it's very very very strict. DF2 seems like the only reliable way to setup up a bomb for throw shenanigans, because other knockdowns/strings don't grant enough hit advantage or leave the bomb too far back. And then you have to consider wakeups where the really good ones will force you to respect it because of the small hit advantage you are getting after a bomb.

I'm starting to think that the real value as a corner setup will be using it as for frame traps and bait rather than trying to force a freeze. You can still get pressure from the bomb on various knockdowns, you just won't have the throw there. That said, if we can get them to respect the bomb, then the possibility of cheap throw-freezes may open up more.

Xzyj

Noob
that's pretty much the point, she has a lot of options but i wanted to share this one specifically because if you condition them to block and you jump in it's a 50/50 where they have to either AA you/jump or hold the throw into reset

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nice idea, but I noticed that the AI stand blocks. This means that this setup might be useless. I think that you gotta condition them somehow as to lower their guard.

It's NRS's fault that she doesn't have an OH starter to help her pressure them, and all of her OHs are enders, with only her B32D1 being the juggling type. If only they gave back her F2 being a mid or they could make that an OH.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
that's pretty much the point, she has a lot of options but i wanted to share this one specifically because if you condition them to block and you jump in it's a 50/50 where they have to either AA you/jump or hold the throw into reset
If you can scare them enough not to wakeup or roll after seeing the bomb come out, how are you gonna enforce the jump in? I'm not even sure that this particular setup can come out with positive hit advantage. I've found you can get better advantage with shorter combos but I just don't see the jump in being a very viable option.

Xzyj

Noob
If you can scare them enough not to wakeup or roll after seeing the bomb come out, how are you gonna enforce the jump in? I'm not even sure that this particular setup can come out with positive hit advantage. I've found you can get better advantage with shorter combos but I just don't see the jump in being a very viable option.
i haven't tried it in real games yet, it's just a concept so far, but the main point for it being good is that it forces opponent to do something, they are NOT ALLOWED to just block/trying to poke you out, they have to act, so it allows you to make the bomb an actual threat instead of just a pressure tool, at least that's how i invisioned it

Also i been testing some stuff and specific stages have command throw interactibles that allow you to use same concept without even jumping at people and as a cancel from normals and it's really cheap imo, you don't even use up interactible, if you get a freeze from it - you can use it again later

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Some Cryo Crown corner setups for loops covering both wake-up attack options and conditioning the opponent to block on wake-up to take the mix up. I should have put the opponent to block and duck the overhead option but you can still see that both the mix up option and Cryo Crown connect and the opponent still gets frozen by the Cryo Crown.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
i usually do DF2, bomb, step back, B2. if it hits, they get frozen. if they block, you're plus from the bomb. sometimes after the bomb setup, i'll do a Ji3 to catch people trying to jump out, and sometimes they get frozen by the bomb.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Some Cryo Crown corner setups for loops covering both wake-up attack options and conditioning the opponent to block on wake-up to take the mix up. I should have put the opponent to block and duck the overhead option but you can still see that both the mix up option and Cryo Crown connect and the opponent still gets frozen by the Cryo Crown.

U1 bomb is not a true combo. It's a blockable re-stand. Just be careful if you try it.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Good point about the short hop over head. I just re tested it with auto block and even with timing the hit at the same time the Cryo Crown detonation both connect for 2 hits but the opponent doesn't get frozen.

Edit: I stand corrected again. Just recheck and only the short hop overhead connects. I looks like NRS really didn't want Frost to have an overhead option for Cyro Crown setups.

B2 is a good option but I was trying to find a low to use as a mix up after the Blade Spin splat on thier wake up along with a throw and overhead option. B4 is safer but causes the opponent to flip which if they get frozen in the air like that they fall out of the next combo loop. I also tried D4 but the stagger animation causes the Cryo Crown not to freeze them like the short hop over head.

Last edited: