What's new

Frost Tournament Variation 3 discussion: ARCTIC ANARCHY

Wigy

There it is...

Take this into the lab and try to antiair.

Legit all you can do unless you've got a really good u2 and manage to somehow react and time it properly (which the divekick knockdown makes tricky) is stay down or roll.

Nice to throw in every now and then for more aggressive oki than spin and backing off meaty.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
They need to revert the auger hit advantage.

She legit gets no worthwhile damage out the corner and does not have the crushing blows to make up for it.

As good as some of the space control she gets is. Doesn't matter when you have to make 29 reads to kill someone.

Frost's moves all have weaknesses. B1 no range b2 jumpable etc you have to use the correct button for the situation or get full punished unless a lot of the cast who can hur dur long range mid stagger.

Just painful how many games I feel ive opened them up endlessly and made way better reads but just loose on damage. If her space control and normals were all encompassing enough to overcome the complete lack of damage that would be fine but I don't think they are.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
How and when are you guys using her 22?
Its +5 on block, which means that following it up with her B1 or microdash-grab are great options, with the former being the best IMO but is there something better someone has found out?

Also, when do you guys use it? After what string, when the person wakes up? I find a lot of times I try to use it, say after I block someones string and it's my turn, they poke under the first hit (2 which is high) and it stops my 22 from coming out while giving them back their turn

Wigy

There it is...
Its +5 on block, which means that following it up with her B1 or microdash-grab are great options, with the former being the best IMO but is there something better someone has found out?

Also, when do you guys use it? After what string, when the person wakes up? I find a lot of times I try to use it, say after I block someones string and it's my turn, they poke under the first hit (2 which is high) and it stops my 22 from coming out while giving them back their turn
On Oki try use it to initiate safe pressure against someone constantly staying down. Second hit has hella range.

On KL it's so hard to use up close cause all the yolo jump and poke mash.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince

Ive started using it more when I know they expect a b2 or b1. I train them to wait or expect an attack and use it. Sometimes I use it to initiate too. I play tekken and my character has a 21 which is a high mid as well. I started using 22 in similar fashion except frosts is plus on block.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ive started using it more when I know they expect a b2 or b1. I train them to wait or expect an attack and use it. Sometimes I use it to initiate too. I play tekken and my character has a 21 which is a high mid as well. I started using 22 in similar fashion except frosts is plus on block.
Interesting so when you are at a specific range where they think you will go for a B2 or something, they block and you hit them with the 22?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@scarsunseen @Jonovah Those are all sick combos jeez

Speaking of DD1 shenanigans...
Im trying to find ways to incorporate DD1(amp) and I rarely come across someone stand blocking in the corner on wake up against Frost. If they wake up pressing buttons, they are definitely starting with a move that beats my 16f B3 or they are jumping making B32D1 whiff. Also if they are crouch blocking, the second hit is easily flawless bloackable so they take their turn back quickly.

So far, I seem to have found some potential when I end my combo with B12~DD1(amp) so that they fall near me and I can continue my pressure and hope to eventually open them up before they poke me but it's far from a guarantee. Im sure there are better options but I dont find any. Thus far this move is very much a gimmick that's highly situational and a waste of a bar. I feel if it exploded faster than 7 seconds, it could be better. But anyway, I still want to find a way to incorporate it with a higher chance of success.

These techs are cool and all but seriously ... why's nobody talking about her AUGER WHIFFING ISSUES ON FEMALE CHARACTERS ? FFS.
And also the krushing blow requirement for auger ( BF1 ) is sooooo restricted. it's almost impossible to get if they're not frozen...

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Interesting so when you are at a specific range where they think you will go for a B2 or something, they block and you hit them with the 22?
microdash 22. or b2 into dash 22 when they expect stuff like b2 auger etc. you can set them up to sneak it in. Just got done with an offline session and used a LOT of 22, more than usual. very good

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Something else I came up with
What happens in a person blocks the dive slide and pokes or tries to grab. I think the explosion would still catch them as you block their poke. That would be very very interesting actually