What's new

Frost Tournament Variation 3 discussion: ARCTIC ANARCHY

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Grabs and KBs cancel core overload. The divekick is great, especially out of a shorthop. I'm getting -8 spaced correctly and -7 for the low. Excited to see what setups people come up with but...eh, not for me.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah ice auger got a beefy nerf on hit advantage. WHY.

Used to be able to link b32d1 in the corner now you can't and midscreen linking anything is tough.

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
This variation kind of sucks. :(

update: played a little more it can be fun but ice auger is almost useless and the KB for it is just ridiculous and in the corner, it's a waste of meter just to combo off of and her dive kick doesn't combo into anything

Did well against a centurion but I don't have a lot of trouble with her.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Noob
I haven't been able to play at all today which sucks. But I've always liked throwing out head bombs into grabs in her first variation, does that still work? Seems kinda silly to prevent this new loadout from having a similar ability if so.

Jonovah

Noob
I'm stupid. I thought core overload was supposed to be unblockable for the opponent. Which would of made it more viable, imo

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Ice Auger and Core Overload got nerfed there.

Ice Auger: It used to be trackable, much similar to Sektor's tracking projectiles in MKX. Now it's nerfed to have similar properties like her BF3 projectile. If left alone, it'd be a very good OKI setup.

Core Overload: it used to NOT cease its use at throw. Now it's stoppable at throw.

So far, for amp Core Overload, it needs its time (6 secs) to bring out the Freeze, so you want a very long combo to end there.

Sorry, but NRS did it again. She got Captain Cold treatment. -_-

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
I want to like this variation cause I think Core Overload is a cool move and if they just utilized her move set it would be fun to watch Frosts work their way in to pull it off (making CO ex version unblockable instead of hitting mid). They should throw away Ice Auger cause it's such a low priority move, it just feels like a watered-down version of her Back, Foward 3 and not as viable. Way too many projectiles for this variation I really wish they would swap out ice auger for Core Trap or one of her other moves exclusive to Ice Machine or Frost Byte.

I'm just super bummed this variation is kind of gimmicky there's potential but NRS wants to put out boring variations I guess. Frost-Byte's still really fun though.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I’m not a fan. I’ll just stick to what I’ve been using.

They should just make microburst a core special move lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Is it the mobility from the dive?
That and the ability to projectile right outside of b2 range fairly quickly. B2 into auger can combo from most ranges and easily be confirmed without risking getting your b22 getting flawless blocked. Also b22 into auger is a true block string.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
That and the ability to projectile right outside of b2 range fairly quickly. B2 into auger can combo from most ranges and easily be confirmed without risking getting your b22 getting flawless blocked. Also b22 into auger is a true block string.
What about the gap in B22?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If I recall they wanted this to be her zoning variation? I might be wrong but if that was the case, removing her shield makes no sense.

She lost her big damage from v1 and instead we get Core Overload, which I fail to see it's use. It beefs up her damage when she sweeps, does 223 or 224 and grab....ok cool but not significant in my opinion.

The dive kick is a gimmick. I tried to use it in conjunction with the bomb early on and it still doesnt really do much IMO. Sure it's fun but once you get blocked, you're done.

Im still keeping an open mind but for now ill stick with the much better V1

Does her detonate work well while blocking? It seems like a defensive move to set up so that when they do get in they have to worry about getting frozen. This may also be good to use on the offense in poke wars.

I don't think it's designed as a combo extender.