What's new

Frost match-up: Kaballsack

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I have so much trouble dealing with this douchebag, I'm hoping someone can help me out

Some fun facts about this pos:
  • B1 is 15f mid with really good range & a block adv of -2 or -3 depending on the distance, so his distance control rivals Frosts'
  • F2 is 12f mid with really good range & a block adv of -2
  • None of his strings have gaps to Flawless block
  • None of his strings are punishable
  • He has a restand
  • He has 50/50s that are safe EDIT: They arent. Made a mistake. The low is -17f and the overhead in -2f. After testing in the lab, it feels like you can fuzzy them both
  • He's got air control with his air buzzsaw
  • He can zone really well and has a really strong up close game and the range to play footsies
Am I missing anything?

How do you guys deal with this mofo?

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I actually never had too much of a problem with him, but I've also never had a really good training partner who mains him, I'm basing it off of playing randoms in ranked.

Some notes:
-I prefer Ice Machine for the anti-zoning with glacial calving and for punishing him harder when he goes for his unsafe lows or does a random nomad dash "on a read"
-If you're playing a Kabal who's used to just spamming his air projectile, put some core discharges in the air where he's trying to be. It will discourage him from jumping around if he's taking 7% and a hard knockdown every time he goes for it.
-Neutral is tough and imo in his favor since he has safer options, no gaps, comparable range, and the option to 50/50. Gotta just outplay him or keep him at a farther range where I feel she wins.

Wigy

There it is...
Use ice machine.

Close grenade is fantastic as a footsie tool here.
None of his strings advance much which is when grenade sucks up close, grenade will cover his obnoxious jump shit and b1 shimmy game.

I don't try challenge his staggers I just move back and b2, worst you will eat is a d4.

Ice shield Is great as kabals projectiles don't travel crazy fast and have actually got a decent amount of startup and recovery. You can shield and bf4 punish jump projectiles in mid range.

Be wary of nomad dash if you are trying to get a shield out, he can't punish it on reaction but if you try pop a shield after a blocked sawblade he can punish on read.

I honestly think she outzones him and challenges his footsies really well, just try figure out how to shut him down with grenades.

Both on 30% hp is hilarious as you can both insta kill each other with fatals on reaction.

Get a couple of preferable trades or antiairs with grenades and play it defensive.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@DTruth @Arqwart , fixed I thought it was safe my bad

@Wigy and @Groove Heaven
Ahh thank you so much. I was trying to make Arcti Anarchy work but this is the kind of MU that you need to make every punish count since he's overall very safe.

Im definitely going to start incorporating the close projectile more as a footsie tool and anti-air (Kabal players are very jump happy i find)

i play a lot of both characters. Frost wins the matchup by both outzoning and outspacing kabal. Frost’s bombs shut down kabals who try to air projectile and in ice machine she has her ice shield which is really useful against kabal’s projectiles. d4 and b2 also have more range than any of kabals normals which allows frost to better control the neutral. Kabal is bad against characters he has to forward advance to and frost can take advantage of that.