What's new

Frost "Ice Machine" Tournament Variation Combo Thread

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I went ahead and updated this thread using @Kindred format (thanks). We can have this one be the Variation 2 thread if that would work better.
Sick! I would make a few additions

• The combo I posted for the corner is db3 not db4 and does 243.95 damage
  • I would delete the Variation 1 section
  • I would add the specials for this variation for new players :D

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
Sick! I would make a few additions

• The combo I posted for the corner is db3 not db4 and does 243.95 damage
  • I would delete the Variation 1 section
  • I would add the specials for this variation for new players :D
I'll make this more beginner friendly through the day.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
These threads are great because if someone is unsure which variation to use, seeing the combos, their damage and potential set-ups can really help.

(especially for me who is conflicted at the moment lol)

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I know this is combos, but I’m mostly looking for Var1 bomb setups atm. Anyone found a way of setting up bomb during a corner combo in a way that allows grab to freeze? It seems to roll too far.
Here's what I've been doing so far with decent success, if anything it'll make them block or jump which is my intent anyway. Also note that today I switched out d3 for another b32d1. It'll do more damage, just feels like awkward timing lol

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Here's what I've been doing so far with decent success, if anything it'll make them block or jump which is my intent anyway. Also note that today I switched out d3 for another b32d1. It'll do more damage, just feels like awkward timing lol

I’ll have to test after work, but it’s similar to what I’ve been looking at. So if I’m right you when you use either grab on bomb oki, the animation moves them away from the explosion?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yea, the throw animation pulls them off the bomb.. Hmmmmm.
Yea this is what im having issue with.

I think we need to redefine what "setups" are here lol
Its not a setup in the MKX way where you can do an OH while they are blocking low or grab them while blocking to get them to freeze. Both of those things dont work.

It's almost more like a setup for them to jump so you can punish their jump in. If there is a good combo to do that which I havent found yet.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Since these combos are universal to all versions, I posted this in the other thread also but with bomb setups added

B2212(KB)
  • Corner: B2212(KB) > walk a little forward > 1~DB3 > 1 > 13 > DF2(amp) = 320.57 dmg
Punish
  • 43 > DF2(amp) = 192.20 dmg

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Midscreen (KB)
D2(KB) > D4~BF4 = about 190

Corner combo 1 bar
B32D1 > 1 > 13~Microburst(amp) > B1~BF4 = 299

Corner KB combo
D2(KB) > 4 > DB3 > 1 > 13~BF4(amp) = 401

Fast punish
Her punishing abilities are really not consistent and very spacing-dependent.
13 into amplified burst has a very short starting range. So does 344~burst and 2~burst has better range but is a 13f start up.
What do u guys do to punish because this is a pain in the ass.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
2 KB Corner Combo:

D2(KB) > 4 > DB3 > 1 > 13~BF4(KB) > walk forward > 1 > 13~DB4(amp) > B1~BF4 = about 450

Will double check dmg tonight.

Any flawless block or wake up combos you guys recommend?
Im gonna lab this because I found out yesterday you can flawless block wake up attacks :D:D:D

Last edited:
2 Meters 1 KB Midscreen:
B22 xx DB4 MB B32D1 B12 xx BF4 (kb) BF4 MB = 372.16

1 Meter off of D2 (kb) Midscreen:

D2 (kb) B12 xx BF4 MB = 353.88

1 Meter 2 KB Midscreen: (also off D2 (kb))

D2 (kb) B12xxBF4 (kb) BF4 MB = 446.30

2 Meter 1 KB Corner:

B32D1 B12xxBD4 MB B32 xx BF4 (kb) BF4 MB: 389.04

1 Meter 2 KB Fatal Blow Corner:

D2 (kb) B12xxDB4 MB B32xxBF4 (kb) fatal blow = 541.53
You can probably get a few hits in before the fatal blow for more damage, but I haven't tested this yet.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Uhhh am I tripping or did they change amplified MicroBurst? Last night I was doing my go to BnB and now whenever I amplify it, instead of freezing the opponent it does a big blast?

Xzyj

Noob

Thought i should share these, i think most of them are optimal at the current patch.
Double B32d1 midscreen works only on male characters and requires very strict mini dash forward, doesn't (or frame perfect) on females, doesn't require dash against big body characters. Other stuff is somewhat easier to understand but if you have any questions feel free to tag me and i'll try to answer (although it might be more fun for you to figure it out on your own :p)

P.S. if someone wants to make notations with all starters and damage values for the first post - feel free to do so, i'm not gonna bother with that, sorry