What's new

Frost Ice Machine Matchups

JSF

Best Worst character Main
Hello i believe myself to be oneof the better Frost players and one of the only Frost mains playing competitvely so here are what i believe her matchups are.
I dont believe in the whole 5-5 or 7-3 terminology so i just have them listed as advantage, or disadvantage.
Format: Character(Variation) - Adv or Disadv for Frost.

Baraka(both) - Slight Advantage
Cassie(DS) - Extreme Disadvantage
Cetrion(SC) - Disadvantage
D'vorah - Possibly Advantage but not enough data
Erron Black(52) - Disadvantage
Geras(IW) - Extreme Disadvantage
Jacqui(1H) - Slight Disadvantage
Jade(ED) - Advantage
Jax (Both) - Even, Possible Slight Disadvantage
Johnny Cage(SJ) - Even, Possible Slight Advantage
Kabal(Both) - Advantage
Kano (R) - Even
Kitana(FF) - Even
Kollector(BP) - Possibly Even but not enough data
Kotal Kahn(A) - Advantage
Kung Lao(both) - Even
Liu Kang(LQ) - Even, Possibly Slight Disadvantage. Loses to his other variation.
Noob Saibot(SD) - Disadvantage
Raiden(TW) - Slight Disadvantage
Scorpion(both) - Extreme Disadvantage
Shang Tsung(W) - Disadvantage
Shao Kahn(RE) - Advantage
Skarlet(HP) - Disadvantage
Sonya(R) - Even
Sub Zero(DW) - Slight Disadvantage. (TI) - Even.

Advantage - 6
Disadvantage - 11
Relatively Even - 9

The "Extreme Disadvantage" matchups are the ones that i would say are borderline unwinnable if played properly by your opponent.
Any comments, questions, disagree or agree with it?

Wigy

There it is...
Frost bodies Johnny cage

I think she may even be slightly advantage against Jax

Her u3 is a pretty good answer to his Oki shenanigans and she can give him a lot of trouble getting in. good jax's try sneak in grenade trades for a knockdown to push in, shield and her own grenade both stop that. He has stubby pokes so can't contest d4 Oki in the corner very well.

Really don't know how she goes even with sonya. Zoning is extremely dangerous and she does about twice as much damage and is better up close. The Sonya lack of mid thing is not an issue with frost cause she's even worse on that department.

The mb ice ball variation of sub I think she does pretty decent. Shield absolutely shuts down his counter zoning in that MU and he's heavily reliant on f4.

Everything else I either agree or don't have strong opinions on.

Frost bodies Johnny cage

Her u3 is a pretty good answer to his Oki shenanigans and she can give him a lot of trouble getting in. good jax's try sneak in grenade trades for a knockdown to push in, shield and her own grenade both stop that. He has stubby pokes so can't contest d4 Oki in the corner very well.

Really don't know how she goes even with sonya. Zoning is extremely dangerous and she does about twice as much damage and is better up close. The Sonya lack of mid thing is not an issue with frost cause she's even worse on that department.

The mb ice ball variation of sub I think she does pretty decent. Shield absolutely shuts down his counter zoning in that MU and he's heavily reliant on f4.

I dont play Sonya, why so many ppl say "lack of mid"? Her F4 is 10 frames, and B2 11... Yeah they don't lead to 40% dmg like B1, but I think you cant get around 20%

Wigy

There it is...
I dont play Sonya, why so many ppl say "lack of mid"? Her F4 is 10 frames, and B2 11... Yeah they don't lead to 40% dmg like B1, but I think you cant get around 20%
I know I agree. Her mids are fine they're just not hugely threatening. In some matchups you can exploit it a little.

Sonya comfortably beats frost imo

I Have doubts about sonya , noob, and baraka matchups
in my opinion I believe Sonya is a heavy disadvantage for frost its impossible keep her in the mid range due to her excellent projectiles which forces frost to fight up close where she absolutely is at a disadvantage against Sonya.

Noob- I feel like is even. Frost has enough tools to counter what he likes to do( just in my opinion).
Baraka- From my experience is a tough matchup, it seems like he has every tool frost has including Range but better frames and damage.

and I'm curious about your reasoning for the extreme disadvantage with the scorpion match up. I Honestly feel like thats an even matchup.

JSF

Best Worst character Main
Frost bodies Johnny cage

i don't have the most cage experience so i don't see how she bodies him but i could see her having a slight advantage, she doesn't out range him like she does in most of her favorable matchups and between his fireballs and shadow kick she has to zone carefully.

the thing about Sonya is if you aren't god at zoning you'll get bodied and id say about 80% of people who play this game aren't great at zoning which is understandable because it isn't a zoning heavy game but if you are a good zoner its possible to make Sonya respect your zoning, she has her drone to shut you down but you shouldn't be trying to just stay fullscreen, you zone until she approaches about half screen then you out range her and make her respect b2, db2 close/mid range and sweep. Frost doesn't win but if you play it right she has to respect your tools. up close you get smoked and fullscreen if you're in drone range you have trouble. Basically if Sonya gets a substantial life lead on you from only zoning you need to work on your zoning.

also the beauty of Frost and zoning is that her fatal blow goes fullscreen so you dont have to win the zoning war you just have to stay alive and get them to 33% then if they jump or do any projectile you win so that helps her zoning game out a lot, they have to respect fatal or they eat it.