What's new

Frost General Discussion

Hey! New here, just wanting to keep this thread in my alerts. Haven’t had much of a chance to play Frost online yet but looking forward to it.

been having some problems in the corner, is poke/b121 really her best punish?
Thanks!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
been having some problems in the corner, is poke/b121 really her best punish?
Thanks!
Standing 1 is her fastest move albeit a high so B1 is her best option. Alternatively, If the opponent knocks you down in the corner and walks back expecting a wake up U3, you can instead wake up with 22. The first 2 will whiff but the second will catch them and its your turn.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Standing 1 is her fastest move albeit a high so B1 is her best option. Alternatively, If the opponent knocks you down in the corner and walks back expecting a wake up U3, you can instead wake up with 22. The first 2 will whiff but the second will catch them and its your turn.
I never thought of wake-up 22 in general or as an anti-air. How successful are you doing that??

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I never thought of wake-up 22 in general or as an anti-air. How successful are you doing that??
As an AA i wouldnt use it no but if read a walk back from an opponent, it can hit depending on their timing.
Im talking strictly about the situation wherein you have your back against the corner and the opponent knocks you down and starts walking backwards fearing an U3 or U2 wake up

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Alternatively, in those scenarios I opt for a Jump in (but not too often or else they will AA). I find many people have a tendency to poke and walk back to then do a far reaching mid (especiall Subzero, Kabal, Frost, Jade, and a few more). Most of the time, this pattern is very ingrained in how they play so you can interrupt it with jumps or a backdash followed by fast mid

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I've been having a lot of luck lately on knockdown doing a cross-up jump into J1-22. Most people just hold block, and then you're +5. Sometimes I just do cross-up J1-S3 because you're +4. Works especially well if you can get them to waste their defense meter. With Frost-byte, I often just do B32-bomb to bait their breakaway. Having no breakaway vs Frost-byte is death.

So a little micro buff for Frost is that her Kyro-Stance/BF3 will consistently combo from her strings, before it would miss depending on the string and the character and all the jazz. That doesn't really mean anything for Ice Machine but for Frost-Byte's sake, it gives you a different midscreen ender for damage besides DF2amp. It does just like 2 more damage but the thing of note is that it pushes the opponent full screen and leaves you around +20. DF2amp leaves you at footsie/dash up grab range with +50 which is great but if you ever want to get right to zoning and avoid oki, you can go for the BF3amp option.

haketh

Noob

Siiiigh I wish this was a tournament variation. Pure setup. Bahhhh. Still fun to mess around.
More than anything at this point after having to play it when I keep accidentally picking it: I just want the Scythe to be faster & hit a bit harder & the bombs to scale less. Just those two changes would make it tournament viable imo.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah scythe needs to be either safe or unreactable. Its worthless atm.

Long range is pointless when it's that slow and unsafe. KB is even more worthless.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Making the cyber head as the breakaway killer is kind of useless.
You can think of using it after a D2 KB, except it would only work in the corner since midscreen it pushes the person too far.
After B32, it can work but if the person delays the breakaway just a bit, it doesnt work. (basically the chances of it happening her are 0)
B2212(KB) in the corner can be extended with the cyber head but not in the midscreen

Overall, I get why they did it, it canforce people to use this move more but beyond that, totally useless.
Better alternative would be having the breakaway breaker at the last hit of the B32D2

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So I was thinking about it and her breakaway breaker shouldnt be the last hit of her B32D2 either. Or else it would essentially guarantee a combo every time.
So really, im at a loss. She doesnt really have a good move to be a breakaway breaker. The cyberhead is a good idea but it need to be faster and not push ppl that far away when used for this purpose.

haketh

Noob
Honestly Frost doesn’t even really need a super good Breaker so I get why it’s not one that’s super applicable at all times. Variation 2 can score solid unbreakable damage & Variation 3 puts out so much pressure & chip I don’t really care if they break away every now & then. RIP to Ice Machine though.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Honestly Frost doesn’t even really need a super good Breaker so I get why it’s not one that’s super applicable at all times. Variation 2 can score solid unbreakable damage & Variation 3 puts out so much pressure & chip I don’t really care if they break away every now & then. RIP to Ice Machine though.
I'm confused. Variation 2 is Ice Machine lol. Do you mean Frost-byte?