What's new

Frost General Discussion

In the corner B22/S12 into close bomb setup still doesnt work.

But we have raid mode or whatever the fukkkk is called....

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

Some neat little Frost tech. B1 lifts them up off the ground a little. So doing B1-DF2 will throw them much farther than any other grounded string into DF2. Could help getting the zone game started. Also works with B1-BF1 for Arctic Anarchy, which will cause a knockdown.

Wigy

There it is...

@G4S J360 @Kindred

The njp does punish wakeups I just mistimed it in the recording and didn't realise.

Flame thing is a plus 9 restand so if they press buttons B12 blows it up for the last part.

More of a proof of concept on top of what you did. Ending in b32 interactable grab is a good way of bomb timer stalling though.

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

@G4S J360 @Kindred

The njp does punish wakeups I just mistimed it in the recording and didn't realise.

Flame thing is a plus 9 restand so if they press buttons B12 blows it up for the last part.

More of a proof of concept on top of what you did. Ending in b32 interactable grab is a good way of bomb timer stalling though.
Very nice! I like where you're headed with this. The ability to use 3 meters in one combo simply due to the length of the situation giving you enough time to regenerate a meter is awesome

Wigy

There it is...
Any advice against subzero?

Character seems to absolutely body frost.

Can just backdash and avoid fucking everything if he's vaguely negative, slide is retarded anti zoning option on this matchup. Also new variation is just extra braindead.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Any advice against subzero?

Character seems to absolutely body frost.

Can just backdash and avoid fucking everything if he's vaguely negative, slide is (soap bar in my mouth) anti zoning option on this matchup. Also new variation is just extra braindead.
I have frost winning this one. You need ice machine though. Glacial calving makes it so that he cant trade ice ball with projectiles. Also it makes subzero antsy to slide because he needs to get past zoning. If you play against the variation with mb ice ball he gets lamed out hard since he cant low profile with slide anymore and glacial calving removes his trading option. Block an ice ball and reversal glacial calving if you want to do it safely.

His 50/50s are only a problem if he gets too close, I find that you just have to play slippery and make him really work to attempt a hit on you. He gets anti aired for free and has a hard time when cornered by frost.

To be more specific what are you having trouble with?

Wigy

There it is...
I have frost winning this one. You need ice machine though. Glacial calving makes it so that he cant trade ice ball with projectiles. Also it makes subzero antsy to slide because he needs to get past zoning. If you play against the variation with mb ice ball he gets lamed out hard since he cant low profile with slide anymore and glacial calving removes his trading option. Block an ice ball and reversal glacial calving if you want to do it safely.

His 50/50s are only a problem if he gets too close, I find that you just have to play slippery and make him really work to attempt a hit on you. He gets anti aired for free and has a hard time when cornered by frost.

To be more specific what are you having trouble with?
The shield is only useful in matchups when he doesn't have slide. The shoulder barge matchup is easy.

My two issues

-frost controls space to allow her to b2 with grenades, bf3 and bf1 Etc, all of those are punishable on reaction with slide.

-b12 has absolutely no range and is haneous on whiff, when subs constantly backdash you need to hard read dash in B12 or b2 to blow it up which are both very high risk. His dash is so dumb.

His b1 is a decent challenge to b2.

Honestly if you play against a good sub who slides on reaction to everything and backdashes all the time it's impossible to enforce her game. She's limited to basically B12 and d4 unless you want to constantly make hard reads to enforce your own plus frames.

Also subzeros d4 is fucking retarded. On block pushes him half screen. Why on Earth.

Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new frost player, what is everyone's views on the Shang Tsung match up, all variations?

I feel she has the tools to deal with him however I am using Arctic Anarchy.

Would Ice machine be better for this match up, sorry if this has already been posted?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

@G4S J360 @Kindred

Bruh what sorcery is this....
runs to the training room

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new frost player, what is everyone's views on the Shang Tsung match up, all variations?

I feel she has the tools to deal with him however I am using Arctic Anarchy.

Would Ice machine be better for this match up, sorry if this has already been posted?
I havent played a good ST with Forst's AA yet but I always found the issue with ST is his zoning so I usually opt for a character with a teleport.
When I did play against ST with Ice machine, I would use her arching projectile + shiled to stop his zoning then try to get in range

I havent played a good ST with Forst's AA yet but I always found the issue with ST is his zoning so I usually opt for a character with a teleport.
When I did play against ST with Ice machine, I would use her arching projectile + shiled to stop his zoning then try to get in range
Thanks for this, I feel the arching projectiles are very good. They offer her a lot of options when coupled with her wave dash.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I don't know if this is known already, but I've tried stuff in the training mode and I've discovered something interesting about Frost's Core Discharge. It turns out that if Frost shoots the close version of the projectile and the opponent crouches, the Core Discharge will always whiff even if the opponent blocks, unlike the medium and far versions which will hit the opponent on block and whiff only if they neutral duck. It should be noted however that tall characters like Geras and Shao Kahn will still eat the chip damage on block from the close range version due to their large hurtbox, but characters that are shorter then them like Shang Tsung who I'm showing in this vid, will avoid the Close Core Discharge with or without blocking while ducking.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
what do you all consider her best Custom moves?
As in among her specials? I'd say her shooting augers in the third variation. It's punishable if not enhanced sure and the enhanced version is flawless blockable but in terms of a pressur tool, AA, distance control, it's great.

As moves themselves, I find her 22 is great. +5 on block, fast startup, jails after D1, special cancelable and can be continued in a low or mid that are safe.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
As in among her specials? I'd say her shooting augers in the third variation. It's punishable if not enhanced sure and the enhanced version is flawless blockable but in terms of a pressur tool, AA, distance control, it's great.

As moves themselves, I find her 22 is great. +5 on block, fast startup, jails after D1, special cancelable and can be continued in a low or mid that are safe.
the 3 specials you can add; I meant.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
the 3 specials you can add; I meant.
I don't know how good Burrowing Auger is but I imagine Microburst + Normal Auger + Whatever will be good because that will give her the beefiest combos along with some neutral control with Auger. Maybe have the divekick for her third slot.

Though I wonder if Microburst + Cryo Crown is cheap

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I don't know how good Burrowing Auger is but I imagine Microburst + Normal Auger + Whatever will be good because that will give her the beefiest combos along with some neutral control with Auger. Maybe have the divekick for her third slot.

Though I wonder if Microburst + Cryo Crown is cheap
Freeze wait freeze
Freeze wait freeze
Freeze wait freeze
Freeze wait freeze
FINISH HIM/HERRRRRRR!
Teabag......Freeze

Uh, much as I love 22, it's 13 frames to start. So it's good from d1 jail, and looks like it should be fast, but it's really not.

Wigy

There it is...
After a spin ender in the corner, backdash 22 and the second hit will catch them meaty.

22 auger at that spacing is plus 2 and puts you at Max b2 range with the pushback which is good.

You can just end on 22 and be plus 5

Also off a midscreen grounded spin dash up 22 does the same

I've been working that and spin -forward dash 13 ( the 3 will hit meaty as they get up) into my Oki as I found I was getting to obvious with relying on b2 and d4.

Got to get a bit creative with her Oki as b2 can be jumped horribly and with delay wakeup you're free to wakeup button interrupts, as is B12 as it's got big gaps and is horrible on whiff.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
whats up frost community
I was thinking of picking her up since she seems really fun to play especially in her third variation. can you guys give me any infomation about her general gameplan, what her good/bad matchups are etc.?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I hate Highborn Kitana, so I labbed against her a bit. After the 1st of her Edenian razors, there's a gap where you can do a backdash into B2212-KB. This works because B2 causes her to step back a little bit. Here's some punishes against her...