Frost General Discussion

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I use

1 13spin

Or d3 d1 spin

She doesn't get much but both are good at antiairing

If you catch them jumping out the corner d3 13 burst mb jk 4 spin

Im mostly just stopping jumps with grenades.
Ok this makes sense. I was wondering if I was missing something since I was only connecting 13-special at close ranges. At least there's a good conversion when they try to jump out the corner.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So corner bomb setups seem more consistent now, particularly with normal DF2. And since you can now hit confirm stuff into little DB3 combos you can get the air knockdown which gives a few more frames of hit advantage compared to just a grounded DF2, which lets you do an almost meaty d1 to catch jumping. The opponent doesn't have to move far to avoid it but they are in range if their ass is in the corner.

Now that she can actually play the game up close and use her strings, I'm excited to get some time with this character again.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
What do you guys use as an anti-crossup? d3? I'm used to doing d1 with Cetrion, but I'm getting beat by jump over kicks with Frost.

Wigy

There it is...
Depends on the range.

D3 d1 drill I use for consistency, s1 has absolutely no range so if they do it deep jk you won't be able to convert with 13

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Depends on the range.

D3 d1 drill I use for consistency, s1 has absolutely no range so if they do it deep jk you won't be able to convert with 13
Ive found it to be the most consistent. You have enough time to dash no matter how low it hits do to the gravity. Try it out

Wigy

There it is...
Ive found it to be the most consistent. You have enough time to dash no matter how low it hits do to the gravity. Try it out
Try it against geras at Max range.

I found it very inconsistent and you don't get a lot extra if you end with spin using 13.

I try limit drill usage for clutch situations where I don't have time to check the meter for rollouts

Wigy

There it is...
Cetrions ground pound variation is a complete and total slog for frost. I find that worse than spring cleaning.

Wigy

There it is...
Frost's sweep is actually a really good antiair.

Obviously less damage but if you're walking back you just gotta tap 4

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Frost's sweep is actually a really good antiair.

Obviously less damage but if you're walking back you just gotta tap 4

One of my favorite anti airs for sure, the hit box is well above her as well, i used it quite a bit pre patch.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Why not? S4 AA dash b1 mb burst
to be honest it i tried using it for a while and it gets beat out quite a bit, its 6 frames slower. it has to be someone jumping from sweep distance or perfectly landing on the s4 hitbox behind the head to really get hit. it nets you the highest reward but is one of the hardest AAs to land, d3 is almost full proof.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Try it against geras at Max range.

I found it very inconsistent and you don't get a lot extra if you end with spin using 13.

I try limit drill usage for clutch situations where I don't have time to check the meter for rollouts
I tested it when it comes to max range, and you are correct about d1 at the max max range. At all other ranges its quite consistent however and It is a 4% difference that can make a difference on a sloppy jump end of round or in a life lead war.

However i do agree with the situation where you are trying to avoid a rollout, d1 into drill is a much better option as it is too quick to react to sometimes for the opponent.

Wigy

There it is...
Frost – Chest Cold (Down + Front Kick) recovery on block reduced by 2 frames, recovery on miss increased by 1 frame, hitstun increased by 1 frame, and had its hit region adjusted

Lol I just started mashing it out of anger when it happened.

Sound

Noob
Hi,

Just a brief question that I can't find the answer elsewhere : When I do a B22-DF2, it goes MID-MID-HIGH*. Why can't my opponent block the first B22, and then duck the Blade Spin without being hit ? Is there some mechanic I don't know which doesn't allow someone to punish high hits in combo strings/cancels ?

Wigy

There it is...
Hi,

Just a brief question that I can't find the answer elsewhere : When I do a B22-DF2, it goes MID-MID-HIGH*. Why can't my opponent block the first B22, and then duck the Blade Spin without being hit ? Is there some mechanic I don't know which doesn't allow someone to punish high hits in combo strings/cancels ?
Special cancelled.

Basically normals have cancel advantage and if the special moves are fast enough with a high enough cancel advantage a high will jail.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Why is her head bomb so ass?

• Small hitbox (than can still whiff in the corner)
  • Dick damage
  • Hardcore damage scaling
  • removes access to her fastest mid string
  • Replaces one of her best specials
  • Two slot ability
I mean i assume this is intended by why even bother having a move if you're gonna make it terrible in every way? Was is super oppressive in the beta or something? Does it give some kind of insane looping setup I'm unaware of?

I'm still pretty new to Frost but it seems built from the ground up to be terrible.

Wigy

There it is...

• Dick damage
  • Two slot ability
I mean i assume this is intended by why even bother having a move if you're gonna make it terrible in every way? Was is super oppressive in the beta or something? Does it give some kind of insane looping setup I'm unaware of?

I'm still pretty new to Frost but it seems built from the ground up to be terrible.
It honestly beggars belief. Her grenade is a better special and doesn't require slots

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

• Dick damage
  • Two slot ability

I feel like nrs was trying to make sure that lab monsters like me wouldnt find any broken setups with ice bomb like in years past with cyrax and csz. So much so that the move is neutered. I think that its really good if you want to press your opponent with f2 as they are forced to block. That's one of the few situations where its good, which cant really be forced either.