What's new

Frost General Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
because you assume and dont ask. you have not once asked why i think she is the worst or what i believe would make her a good or top tier character.
i apologize for being rational and not delusional and not getting excited for 1 and a half buffs when she had 5 major problems preventing her from being a great character.
I'm really not trying to offend but I've seen enough of your posts to know that any balance talk with you isn't worthwhile. You're quick to insult, you often exaggerate and we clearly don't see the game the same way if you think this character is bottom tier free after two hours in the new patch

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I'm really not trying to offend but I've seen enough of your posts to know that any balance talk with you isn't worthwhile. You're quick to insult, you often exaggerate and we clearly don't see the game the same way if you think this character is bottom tier free after two hours in the new patch
i dont insult anyone, i didnt even insult you i just said you assume. and the mistake in your thinking is that ive only spent 2 hours with the character. all the hours before the patch dont become irrelevant after 2 changes. but go off.

Marinjuana

i dont insult anyone, i didnt even insult you i just said you assume. and the mistake in your thinking is that ive only spent 2 hours with the character. all the hours before the patch dont become irrelevant after 2 changes. but go off.
I've played the game as well friend. I don't know about your opinion on the matter but calling people delusional is usually taken as an insult.

Try spending more time with her then! Have a good one

Reactions: JSF

Wigy

There it is...
So this argument seems stupid. Anyway, what BnB are you guys using midscreen and in the corner? Meterless and metered?
Midscreen:

Starter-db4mb

J2 b32d1 1 13bf4
Or
J2 344 (leaves you plus 15 for follow-up pressure)

Corner

Starter- mb Burst-j2 b32d1 x2 344 spin
Or j2 344 burst for plus 7 restand

Corner
B22kb- 4db3 13 mb burst jk 3-spin

I will make an updated bnb video tomorrow for everyone.

Once you get folks respecting stuff in the corner with your plus standing enders. Use 43, on block it's plus and on hit you can do db3 for a full combo. Loads of little things to know aside from bnbs

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also note to new frost players

Do not use B12 I'm combos as a linker even though it's optimal it's fucking horrible vs rollouts.

Use 13. Does marginally less damage but safe.
I was wondering why it wasn't there lol. That makes sense. Initial impression is she's pretty good now, but surely lots of fun.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I've played the game as well friend. I don't know about your opinion on the matter but calling people delusional is usually taken as an insult.

Try spending more time with her then! Have a good one
Ah that’s a misunderstanding, when I said “sorry I’m not delusional” that was in no way meant to imply that you were. My bad I didn’t even notice that!

Marinjuana

So a little micro buff for Frost is that her Kyro-Stance/BF3 will consistently combo from her strings, before it would miss depending on the string and the character and all the jazz. That doesn't really mean anything for Ice Machine but for Frost-Byte's sake, it gives you a different midscreen ender for damage besides DF2amp. It does just like 2 more damage but the thing of note is that it pushes the opponent full screen and leaves you around +20. DF2amp leaves you at footsie/dash up grab range with +50 which is great but if you ever want to get right to zoning and avoid oki, you can go for the BF3amp option.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Also note to new frost players

Do not use B12 I'm combos as a linker even though it's optimal it's fucking horrible vs rollouts.

Use 13. Does marginally less damage but safe.
And don’t end your combos in bf4 (drill) for the same reason

gibster13

A fan of fans
I played her before buff on and off, but that new b1 and poke game has made me want to try her out even more

Will be interesting to see where she goes

@Tweedy admitted she is his fav, so excited to see how he develops with the character

Wigy

There it is...
And don’t end your combos in bf4 (drill) for the same reason
That's an educated guess. It's her best ender.

Gives her great Oki midscreen and give corner carry.

I go for it on matchups I cannot zone on as you can dash and get a guaranteed b2 check.

Spin is good as you get a free shield and splats full screen.

Reactions: JSF

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
That's an educated guess. It's her best ender.

Gives her great Oki midscreen and give corner carry.

I go for it on matchups I cannot zone on as you can dash and get a guaranteed b2 check.

Spin is good as you get a free shield and splats full screen.
wouldnt say best anymore since it has a risk to it and isn’t the optimal damage ender. But I agree it’s more of a matchup dependent thing if you want to zone end in spin back dash and get the zoning game going

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Do you guys actually do the double b32d1 combo in matches? I drop it maybe 1/3 of the time, it's pretty tight, but I've also been playing Cetrion for like 3 months and coming back to Frost now. Maybe with more practice but for now I think it's a little too inconsistent to use, especially online.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Do you guys actually do the double b32d1 combo in matches? I drop it maybe 1/3 of the time, it's pretty tight, but I've also been playing Cetrion for like 3 months and coming back to Frost now. Maybe with more practice but for now I think it's a little too inconsistent to use, especially online.
Only in corner. You gotta do the 2nd B32D1 EARLY, like, way to the peak of the juggled opponent's height. Try to do it almost after the end of the 1st's recovery to make it happen. With a bit of training you should be able to do it.

And guys, wigy is right to tell you to use 13 as combo starter. Unlike the rest, 13 is weirdly scaling less than the rest.

in midscreen with 1 AMP I use this combo:

13xxFreeze, ji2, B32D1, S1, dash, 13xxDrill. Nets around 340HP.
otherwise, if you're getting close to the corner, then...
13xxFreeze, ji2, B32D1, B32D1, 13xxDrill (do NOT use AMP, as it brings Frost close to the downed opponent. You want the regular one for meta OKI setups)

In corner it's slightly different, as it has a variety of combos to use.

13xxHead, 1, 13xxFreeze, ji2/4, 4xxDrill > if KB Drill, then dash, 13xxDrill.
13xxFreeze, ji2, B32D1, B32D1, 13xxDrill.

You can do 344xxFreeze, as starter, as well as B12, B22 and B32...

Just use them wisely, because 134 and B2212 are the only ones that have OH ender.

Wigy

There it is...
For everyone saying shield is useless still.

After a spin launch an Oki grenade then pop shield immediately.

Also

B121 on block. I'm getting success with backdash close grenade. It catches people coming in as with the pushback and a micro backdash most characters won't reach and get whiff punished, and will catch jumps. Then you can mix in half backdash d4.

B1 backdash b22 is also good, I sometimes do jump back and often can jk their mid checks.

And praise be. You can microdash b1 to check people after d4s now.

Infuriating people just yoloing out after

Last edited:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Gonna go full time frost again starting today for at least a week or two. One week for FB and one for IM. Offhand looks like the latter is still better which sucks because I like the former. Gotta re-learn some dirt and the newer stuff.

I played her the other day and did ok against a Jacqui in bursts for example but my problem was the same as before patch. How you guys handling super Aggro players? This Jacqui i fought I’d destroy up until I got rushed and put into a corner. A kano did that too. They’d just swing in my face till i died. I was even cautious and tried to push them off me. With scorpion I could turn things around but frost mostly Her backdash/walk speed kinda kills me in situations like this. I tend to struggle if i can’t make the opponents care about things I’m doing.

Could also be because it’s online anecdotal connections aren’t flawless so lag doesn’t help her any especially regarding pokes.

Think I’m gonna run FB again first but how to be threatening with a bomb players basically dgaf about...

Wigy

There it is...
Gonna go full time frost again starting today for at least a week or two. One week for FB and one for IM. Offhand looks like the latter is still better which sucks because I like the former. Gotta re-learn some dirt and the newer stuff.

I played her the other day and did ok against a Jacqui in bursts for example but my problem was the same as before patch. How you guys handling super Aggro players? This Jacqui i fought I’d destroy up until I got rushed and put into a corner. A kano did that too. They’d just swing in my face till i died. I was even cautious and tried to push them off me. With scorpion I could turn things around but frost mostly Her backdash/walk speed kinda kills me in situations like this. I tend to struggle if i can’t make the opponents care about things I’m doing.

Could also be because it’s online anecdotal connections aren’t flawless so lag doesn’t help her any especially regarding pokes.

Think I’m gonna run FB again first but how to be threatening with a bomb players basically dgaf about...
Bomb variation still ass. Just use this one.

Her new B1 opens up so much respect for her staggers and plus frames. Unless they Wana get plus frame looped for days with 21 they will have to read you're going for the high and low unblock then you get B12 into mb burst for a hitconfirmable combo starter. Then you just j2 344 and start it all over again.

Until they give her default db2 in the bomb variation it will always be worse. That is so important for frost to control the pace of the game. B12 and b22 are both horrible against jumping and the grenades stop that.

She feels strong, it makes her pressure a lot better and makes the stupid mashy matchups feel less stupid.

Last edited:
Commanding blocks is definitely going to help her on wake up plus frame situations.

Also shield is very good non committal mid screen action when the match up is right. It also let's you build reads. When you shield there are a few things that can happen.

1. They shoot it with a projectile that's fast and you pretty much return to same position. But you understand that they will shoot it that scenario.

2. They didn't shoot something. You now get to fire off a move without risk of trades typically.

3. They amped or found some way to punish it from full screen. Typically it's a minor hit since it's usually multi hit projectiles band you only get hit by the amped one. Meter for meter it's not a big win for them typically.

It's not the perfect move, but on some matchups it is really nice like Johnny or Jade.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Alrightyyy, soooo,

What the hell is the AA combo? lol. Do you use S1 or S3, and what can you follow up with?

Wigy

There it is...
Alrightyyy, soooo,

What the hell is the AA combo? lol. Do you use S1 or S3, and what can you follow up with?
I use

1 13spin

Or d3 d1 spin

She doesn't get much but both are good at antiairing

If you catch them jumping out the corner d3 13 burst mb jk 4 spin

Im mostly just stopping jumps with grenades.