What's new

Frost "Frost-Byte" Tournament Variation Combo Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
After playing with this variation after the patch, she is indeed useless. lol. wtf is NRS thinking?
We'll always end up with some useless variations. If we had no variations it's easier to buff but with variations this is almost guaranteed to happen to some chars. At least she still has 2 good vars lol

Zviko

Noob
Man I wish that head explosion was faster or if it had an amplified option which would make it explode and freeze a bit faster than normal. MK11 lacks set up characters and even those few are trash.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Man I wish that head explosion was faster or if it had an amplified option which would make it explode and freeze a bit faster than normal. MK11 lacks set up characters and even those few are trash.
It would be really nice to have amplified headbombs like Cyrax's MB-ground bombs in MKX... Freezes on touch.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm just saying I think bf4 mb should pop up for a combo. The range and it being an overhead are kinda moot with how slow and punishable it is.

Would give this variation some consistent damage to cover the ice head being slightly lackluster.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm just saying I think bf4 mb should pop up for a combo. The range and it being an overhead are kinda moot with how slow and punishable it is.

Would give this variation some consistent damage to cover the ice head being slightly lackluster.
I agree completely. There's no reason why it should only be a pop-up if it's a KB duck-punish. Give it some more use. BF4-MB absolutely should be a pop-up. It's highly punishable on block so I feel like it would be completely fair.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I've just been doing "bomb to DF2" a lot lately. This catches SO many people and it's only -4, so why not? Sometimes you can even make a full-screen DF2>bomb freeze.

I've also been doing close-bomb, baiting a Ji3, then I D3 anti-air, and they actually fall into the bomb. This is very very situational. If it doesn't freeze, you still at least get a D3 anti-air lol. Her D3 is great.

This legit works. This isn't a one-time D3-freeze or anything.

I stopped playing this game for like 2 months and got waaay better for no reason i think lol. This variation is HARD

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
What are people getting meterless off b4 freeze setups in the corner? You can’t d2 as they’re launched and will get hit out of the corner.

I get ~302 from;
B4(freeze) backdash closebomb forwarddash 43 13df2

Wigy

There it is...
What are people getting meterless off b4 freeze setups in the corner? You can’t d2 as they’re launched and will get hit out of the corner.

I get ~302 from;
B4(freeze) backdash closebomb forwarddash 43 13df2
Why are you using b4? To whiff punish a wakeup or something?

B3 gets a guaranteed mid check that beats everything from a bomb setup and gives you a full combo on hit?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Why are you using b4? To whiff punish a wakeup or something?

B3 gets a guaranteed mid check that beats everything from a bomb setup and gives you a full combo on hit?
I'm thinking.. D4 stagger into bomb... Then B4 and bomb explodes at the same time and freezes. Is that what you mean?

Seeing how everyone can now option-select from a jumpkick, has anyone started using jumpkick xx cryocrown? If it hits, the default head rolls to where they land, so they get up with the head at their feet about to go off. If they block the jumpkick, you just land at +0 to +11 frames (depending on how high it was blocked).

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Seeing how everyone can now option-select from a jumpkick, has anyone started using jumpkick xx cryocrown? If it hits, the default head rolls to where they land, so they get up with the head at their feet about to go off. If they block the jumpkick, you just land at +0 to +11 frames (depending on how high it was blocked).
I usually do Ji3-BF4, which puts them where I want them for a bomb setup.