What's new

Frost "Ice Machine" Tournament Variation Combo Thread

Xzyj

Noob
Looked into optimising damage even further and realised that pretty much everything besides her 13 adds more scaling to combos (including head, but in some combos head is still more optimal), so for example the best corner combo with 2 crushing blows, fatal blow and 0 meter will net you 614 dmg (no meter is intended since it adds more scaling)14452

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Can you connect anything after B3,2 + DB4 AMP * J2 ? I feel like there are no strings that can connect after that J2.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Can you connect anything after B3,2 + DB4 AMP * J2 ? I feel like there are no strings that can connect after that J2.
thought you hated frost? retrying her? and her second variation I feel has better combos. and I am not super expereinced with her yet but don't think so? Frost players That I have faced have never done it

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
thought you hated frost? retrying her? and her second variation I feel has better combos. and I am not super expereinced with her yet but don't think so? Frost players That I have faced have never done it
Yeah decided to try her for a bit, trying to figure her out to see if I want to really learn her.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Freezing people in the air, midscreen, really limits your options but the best i found is cross jumping them at an angle that doesnt flip the direction your character is facing and when you land, Frost autocorrects and you can go for 13~BF4. But it's tricky.

Or maybe B32~BF4 can also work but i havent tested it

Sound

Noob
41 can follow B32D1 if the opponent is pushed to the corner, instead of B12. It does a bit more damage

Ehndur

Yes
What's optimal when hitting raw B3, 2, D1 in the corner with one bar ?

Just the optimal meterless, but AMP the DF2 ? That gives me 340.
And B3, 2, D1 * B1, 2 * AMP Microburst * NJ3 * 1, 3 * Blade Spin gives me 343.

Is there possibly more than that ? If not, is it really worth it spending the bar, when meterless already does 301 ?

Xzyj

Noob
What's optimal when hitting raw B3, 2, D1 in the corner with one bar ?

Just the optimal meterless, but AMP the DF2 ? That gives me 340.
And B3, 2, D1 * B1, 2 * AMP Microburst * NJ3 * 1, 3 * Blade Spin gives me 343.

Is there possibly more than that ? If not, is it really worth it spending the bar, when meterless already does 301 ?
Best meterless is B32D1, B32D1, 334 DF2 (DB4 if you want a little more damage and less oki but it's not much more)
Best metered is B32D1, B32D1, 13 DB4AMP, deep jump3 DF2 (same about DB4 ender)

Ehndur

Yes
Best meterless is B32D1, B32D1, 334 DF2 (DB4 if you want a little more damage and less oki but it's not much more)
Best metered is B32D1, B32D1, 13 DB4AMP, deep jump3 DF2 (same about DB4 ender)
Ok thanks. Your 1 bar combo does 353 with the DF2 ender. 52 more than meterless seems worth spending the bar I think.
D2 instead of DF2 does 378, but get them out of the corner, but still good to end a game or even a round I guess.

Xzyj

Noob
Ok thanks. Your 1 bar combo does 353 with the DF2 ender. 52 more than meterless seems worth spending the bar I think.
D2 instead of DF2 does 378, but get them out of the corner, but still good to end a game or even a round I guess.
yeah, forgot to mention D2, it's max with 1bar, but if you want max max damage and still keep them in the corner you can go for DF2 EX after the metered combo, does around 380 i think

Best mid screen for D2 KB so far:

D2, B1 DB4 MB, JI2 micro dash 13 BF4 (39% 1 bar, 42% if you meter burn bf4)

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Heres the highest damaging 1-bar KB corner combo with B2212(KB) I could find. Im sure it can do more:

B2212(KB) > microdash > 2~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > NjK > D2 = 355

Midscreen:
B2212(KB) > microdash > 4~BF4 = 244

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Scratch that old post of mine, here are the highest damage I got in different situations:

So you just jump kicked your opponent in the corner? Go for the kill with this highest damaging combo:
  • JiK/NjK > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > NjK > D2 = 367 (no more corner but they're dead so who cares)
You can't end the round but want to keep them in the corner? I got you bruh!
  • JiK/NjK > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > NjK > D1~BF4 = 353 (BF4amp = 371)
You got a B2212(KB) in the corner? Watch the opponent cry with this:
  • B2212(KB) > walk F > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > NjK > D2 = 369 (no more corner so go for the kill)
  • B2212(KB) > walk F > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) >NjK > 4~BF4 = 366
You got a D2(KB) in the corner? No worries!
  • D2(KB) > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > JiK > 1~BF4 = 424
  • D2(KB) > 4~DB3 > 13~DB4(amp) > NjK > D2 = 436 (no more corner so go for the kill)