What's new

Frost-byte tech: 2nd bomb mid combo prevents opponent from doing breakaway

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
So instead of the d2 you could do a full combo extension they can't break out of?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
So instead of the d2 you could do a full combo extension they can't break out of?

If they are frozen already and I launch a 2nd bomb, if I ji3 just before the 2nd bomb hit, there is no time in between those 2 hits for breakaway to work.

Then, when they are juggled by the 2nd bomb, the game does not even allow for breakaway to work. Pressing Down+Block after being hit by a 2nd bomb does NOTHING. No breakaway like normal.

Then I can guarantee myself a D2, and if you breakaway, you lost your meter for no reason.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
More info on this. I'm pretty sure this is optimal meterless damage too.

Doing a normal just before the 2nd bomb explodes somehow affects scaling by increasing damage.
That’s sweet.

Does it do more than b2(freeze)(closebomb)d2(dash)f2? Only practiced this with b3/grab starter and I can’t remember exact dmg anyways....

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm having trouble getting this to be optimal damage in the corner. In the corner, the double B32D1 combo is still more damage as far as I can tell in practice mode.

Wigy

There it is...
This is good shit man. You're really scraping the barrel that is this variation and coming out with cool shit. Some buffs and you might be able use it lol.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Something like this could lead to high-damage meterless oki reset combos. Just gotta watch for wake-up D2. Time your 13 right.

D2/freeze damage potential

In general, this leads to 25-32% meterless combos. Not the easiest thing to set up but it's definitely 100% doable. Been doing it KL.

EDIT: oki reset test vs D2 wake-up. Gotta meaty the 13.

Last edited: