What's new

FROST-BYTE GLITCH: Needs to be fixed (bombs literally do not work)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The ice bomb does not work properly.

So this happened to me yesterday in KL. My bomb explodes at Sonya's ankle, nothing happened, then I lost do a Fatal Blow and was t-bagged.

I tested this further to see wtf happened.

Here's the scoop: If the Frost player blocks at the same frame the bomb explodes, the bomb is completely ineffective. What??

@colt @16 Bit Help?

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
LOOL thats so ridiculous.
I dont know how you put up with this variation. It just angers me seeing how neutered the bombs have become when compared to previous MK games with Cyber sub

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I tried. No response yet. I'm honestly annoyed with this product. Needs a major overhaul. This is one of many things that needs some focus, but this is an especially bad issue. I'm trying to test if this works against anyone other than Sonya. Testing with double fireball amp specials like ring toss.
It definitely happens to Nightwolf, but I wouldnt know how to test it. I play a Frost Byte Frost regularly enough to have seen this glitch but always assumed it was because of baby ass hurt boxes on the bombs.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I record Frost on (Player 2) launching a bomb and then holding block. Then I use my Player 1 character to do fireballs and test according. You wanna get your P1's fireball to be blocked by Frost at the same frame her bomb goes off lol. Do you have any recordings of that happening to you with Nightwolf? Is it his triple arrow special?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I record Frost on (Player 2) launching a bomb and then holding block. Then I use my Player 1 character to do fireballs and test according. You wanna get your P1's fireball to be blocked by Frost at the same frame her bomb goes off lol. Do you have any recordings of that happening to you with Nightwolf? Is it his triple arrow special?
Yeah, Amp Spirit arrow. Give me a second and Ill try to record it.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Does it happen on the 2nd arrow or during recovery from the 3rd arrow? I'm just not sure exactly how this glitch triggers, but I know when it triggers. Multiple "somethings" happen on the same frame, which makes the bomb a dud. Maybe it's in your match replays? Not the easiest thing to test.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Does it happen on the 2nd arrow or during recovery from the 3rd arrow? I'm just not sure exactly how this glitch triggers, but I know when it triggers. Multiple "somethings" happen on the same frame, which makes the bomb a dud.
Im trying to duplicate it with the setup you mentioned, but timing everything is crazy.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
The ice bomb does not work properly.

So this happened to me yesterday in KL. My bomb explodes at Sonya's ankle, nothing happened, then I lost do a Fatal Blow and was t-bagged.

I tested this further to see wtf happened.

Here's the scoop: If the Frost player blocks at the same frame the bomb explodes, the bomb is completely ineffective. What??

@colt @16 Bit Help?
Lol wtf!?!