What's new

Frost Bomb Tech + Setup (Not Ranked)

Hey guys! Wanted to share some tech with Frost. You need to have Cryogenic Crown and Microburst equipped, so this tech is for Kasual use only (Neither one of her ranked variations benefit from this).

Corner:

1.) B32D1, 1, slight delay, 13-DB4 amp, backdash, close bomb, 22, bomb detonates, D1-DF2

This is essentially just a bomb mid-combo. It's not practical, as it uses one bar and you can get far more damage by doing B32D1 twice. That said, it's still pretty flashy.

2.) starter-DB4 amp, backdash, close bomb, D4, B4, JIK, 1, 344-DF2

This is a corner set-up that I've been having some success with. Essentially, the opponent's only option is to block low. D4 is +14 on hit and B4 comes out in 12 frames, meaning they have no other option but to block low. If timed correctly, the bomb detonates right after the B4 connects, resulting in an airborne freeze. This will catch the opponent if they try to jump, push a button, or stand block.

Mid-screen:

1.) starter-DB4 amp, backdash, close bomb, D4, forwarddash, grab

Like in the corner, the D4 is plus enough to jail into the detonation. So essentially, the same concept applies. If the opponent tries to jump or push a button after the D4, they will be frozen. The good thing about this setup is the grab. Whether they block the bomb or get frozen by it, the grab will connect if timed correctly. If you notice they start pushing buttons after the D4, you can stop going for the grab and instead capitalize on the freeze with a standard combo such as:

2.) JI2, B32D1, forwarddash, 1, forwarddash, 13-DF2

Hope you guys find this useful!

Here's a video if you'd rather watch these combos and setups:

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Nice, thanks for sharing. I came up with some corner loops that work mid screen except mid screen it's with wave dash in after the BF4 splat instead (minus the overhead option that doesn't really connect when the opponent holds block).

The D1 into B3 setup you did is new to me and works with the threat of throw for the throw it block low mix up. At work now but will check this out in more detail later.

Last edited: