What's new

Question From Kano to Kratos, is it an advantageous character switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Edit: Thread's been bumped from the dead, and I find no reason to keep it going. Please move along.

I've been pondering on this for a bit:

From what I know, to be successful with Kano, you gotta have patience, know what to do and what not to do in any given situation; Kratos benefits greatly from players who have these abilities. I mean, if you're a Kano player and are very good with him (by Kano-player standards), and you put in time and effort into learning Kratos, transferring most of your Kano-mindset to him, I think you will have a good advantage.

I'm not saying any Kano player should necessarily drop their main/alt for Kratos; I'm saying Kano players picking up Kratos might have good benefits in learning him.

I.E.
A head-start.
Obtaining the collector's edition and getting bonus stuff while those who bought the regular edition will get the aforementioned bonus stuff as DLC later on.

Also, the same could be said about "Nightwolf to Kratos" (he is NW on steroids), but their playstyles are quite different, so I don't think it applies.

I'd say that no one here really know anything about Kratos. No one has put 100+ hours into him, it's safe to say. Kano, probably neither. They're two underdeveloped terribly low tier characters

Tl;dr Kabal 6-4

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I wouldn't say Kratos is underdeveloped, he's just...slow. For tournament level play the only advantage you're getting is a DQ instead of going 0-2 with Kano. :p

I feel a good chunk of the cast relies on being patient though. Of course I'm saying this because I feel I do better with those characters than ones like JC and Sonya. Its all preference though.

Fangoria19

Groovy
As a kano player, I believe any switch is advantageous lol theres probably way more to kratos than people give credit but no one takes him seriously because of the tournament ban.

I'd say that no one here really know anything about Kratos. No one has put 100+ hours into him, it's safe to say. Kano, probably neither. They're two underdeveloped terribly low tier characters

Tl;dr Kabal 6-4
I am sure I'm close to 100 hours. Maybe 70.......I gotta go check the Nekropolis soon.
I agree Kratos could be a bit underdeveloped, not sure about Kano but I can't say for certain.
I wouldn't say Kratos is underdeveloped, he's just...slow. For tournament level play the only advantage you're getting is a DQ instead of going 0-2 with Kano. :p

I feel a good chunk of the cast relies on being patient though. Of course I'm saying this because I feel I do better with those characters than ones like JC and Sonya. Its all preference though.
Disqualification is better than going 0-2? Works for me.

Yeah. I feel some of the roster benefit more from patience than others.
As a kano player, I believe any switch is advantageous lol theres probably way more to kratos than people give credit but no one takes him seriously because of the tournament ban.
>Advantageous
What I'm trying to get at, is that the switch from Kano to Kratos could be a good one because of the patience required to play an excellent Kano.

>More to Kratos than given credit for, but people go "he's banned, lol"
That's true.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
KRatos ftw!!!!

btw....i hate when people say KRAWTOS.....-.- its KRAAAYTOS!!!

Fangoria19

Groovy
>Advantageous
What I'm trying to get at, is that the switch from Kano to Kratos could be a good one because of the patience required to play an excellent Kano.

I do agree with the patience aspect but I'm a more aggressive kano user which would probably carry over to kratos if i picked him up, not saying thats the right way to use him tho, honestly I've never picked him up, he looks fun as tits.

JustNOW

It's my turn!
Lol i played with kratos something about 100 hours and same with kano! But i can do well only with kano, kratos too slow but his damage is good.
Here some TAG fights with me (Kratos and Kano), but these fights really old :(

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think you guys know what slow really is until you play Stryker in MK9. The guy is a fucking barrage of moon gravity normals. And at least as long as you have the input down, Kano's armor actually works.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't think you guys know what slow really is until you play Stryker in MK9. The guy is a fucking barrage of moon gravity normals. And at least as long as you have the input down, Kano's armor actually works.
Didn't you hear? Every string Kano has has a KDZ sized (skill) gap in them. :DOGE It's too bad that Stryker's faster normals are kinda useless except his f4, which is actually kinda godlike.

Also this thread was more dead than GM. Thanks Obama!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Didn't you hear? Every string Kano has has a KDZ sized (skill) gap in them. :DOGE It's too bad that Stryker's faster normals are kinda useless except his f4, which is actually kinda godlike.

So do Stryker's strings. Infact, the gaps in Stryker's strings are so substantial that Kung Lao can spin right out of them. I'm not trolling either.

What are you guys doing in my dusty old thread?

So do Stryker's strings. Infact, the gaps in Stryker's strings are so substantial that Kung Lao can spin right out of them. I'm not trolling either.
Yeah, I know I've parried out of them before.

Oh yeah, I wish I was able to take advantage of the gaps more often.

@JustNOW, please make a new thread instead of necro'ing a dead one. Thank you for posting in this forum, though! ^ - ^

Status
Not open for further replies.