What's new

Fresh, New and Original KL Season 7 Skins Leaked

You realize you are comparing a legend of the series, one of the 7 original characters from 27 years ago to some dabbing girl who just got into the series?
I don't care how old a character is. For me, Liu Kang has been being bland for 27 years. Old doesn't make good. And Mk11 could have been killed "Liu service". I don't get how people think Liu Kang is in any sense good as a character, it's good as a secondary, but in my opinion, definitly not protagonist material

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Is the stress of Kombat League really worth it for all these basic ass skins y'all be getting? Like, I've never played Kombat League because I suck, but it just seems like Kombat League isn't worth any of the hassle. Do people just play it to say "I got to this rank." or do you do it for the skins and gear?

Cause, there's only like 2 pieces of gear out of Kombat League that's interested me and that's that and I know that one Scorpion outro is locked to Kombat League (Which I think is kinda BS btw, but whatever.)

Like, the only reason I was interested in Kombat League was for cosmetics. But they're all just reskins of costumes already in the game and some skins have glowy bits added onto them.
I've never played the league for the rewards. I play ranked modes in fighting games because that way you (supposedly) get matched with people on your skill level.

Obviously how well this works varies from game to game. It's OK in MK11, except for the points reset between each season. You get a lot of skill mismatches at those times.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I don't care how old a character is. For me, Liu Kang has been being bland for 27 years. Old doesn't make good. And Mk11 could have been killed "Liu service". I don't get how people think Liu Kang is in any sense good as a character, it's good as a secondary, but in my opinion, definitly not protagonist material
You are ABSOLUTELY wrong. PERIOD.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
If anyone here is on PC I suggest looking up MK11 UNLOCKER on Mk Secrets so you don't waste your time grinding for these FOMO boogie basic ass skins. Unless that's your thing, I don't judge.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Liu Kang beating Cetrion AND Kronika made no sense either, but you don't care about that do you?
You know u deal with a true intelectual when they call an opinion wrong.
See your posts.
You corrected another guy who said that Cassie was being pushed aggressively in the "chosen one" lore in MKX out of the blue while Kang was being built up as the one for 27 years plus being one of the original 7 and you answered "for me..." .
In MK11 he (super geek talk) was made protector of Earthrealm and beat Cetrion and Kronika while being powered up.
Liu was the face of MK up until Deadly Alliance and was made one again in 9 and 11.
Lore-wise , he is the protagonist. It is how it is. And he has a top 3 fan favourite with great fan base whilst being a Bruce Lee tribute character and NOT being a "cool" bad guy or a super cool ninja that 11year olds attract to. Just a goodie goodie kung fu kick ass.
Is that intellectual enough ?
Lawyered ...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Liu Kang beating Cetrion AND Kronika made no sense either, but you don't care about that do you?
Well technically it did, it wasn't just LK it was LK and Raiden's power merged, did you see what he did to the demon army? Literally oneshot them and punched through a freaking solid, big steel door lol it made perfect sense, LK and Raiden alone are powerful alone. Together? Yeah...lol

Liu Kang might be bland indeed, but he is the perfect main hero for MK. Nobody can never take his position. Not even Raiden or Subzero.
There are several main characters in the series, each one serving a very specific role.

MKF30

There's a few characters very important, some more than others sure but Raiden's entire responsibility is Earthrealm's protection so he's arguably the most important in the mythos, he has to find the best fighters for each generation to protect it in Mortal Kombat. Liu is no doubt the most worthy among the mortals/metahumans etc.

Well technically it did, it wasn't just LK it was LK and Raiden's power merged, did you see what he did to the demon army? Literally oneshot them and punched through a freaking solid, big steel door lol it made perfect sense, LK and Raiden alone are powerful alone. Together? Yeah...lol
Liu Kang is just a human. Raiden is a demigod. Cetrion is an Elder goddess (above Raiden and, obviously, Liu kang) Kronika is even more than that. It's like saying a 12 year old kid and a bulky teenager could beat a world class fighter. Not buying, sorry

Zviko

Noob
Liu Kang is just a human. Raiden is a demigod. Cetrion is an Elder goddess (above Raiden and, obviously, Liu kang) Kronika is even more than that. It's like saying a 12 year old kid and a bulky teenager could beat a world class fighter. Not buying, sorry
What are these comparisons? First Cassie with Liu Kang, and now a real life situation to a video game where there are no laws of physics or any other laws as we know them. We are talking about what makes sense in the story. It does make more sense that an OG is a hero than a newcomer. And this is not an opinion, it's a fact. Cassie can be a hero. They should've built her up more first. But no, she defeats an Elder God in her first appearance.

What are these comparisons? First Cassie with Liu Kang, and now a real life situation to a video game where there are no laws of physics or any other laws as we know them. We are talking about what makes sense in the story. It does make more sense that an OG is a hero than a newcomer. And this is not an opinion, it's a fact. Cassie can be a hero. They should've built her up more first. But no, she defeats an Elder God in her first appearance.
I was trying to use an easy to understand metaphor, but u guys always stir away from the topic.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
People forget all this stuff is free hence aside from a couple gems here and there(Baraka Quan Chi or human revenant skins) nobody should expect to be getting wildly different skins for Kombat League especially every season. The coveted, varied things you're gonna generally drop some money for. I'm just happy I didn't have to pay for Jade's dopest costume or Baraka's top two best head pieces. They were different enough and coveted enough that they could have sold them and people would buy. That said, this is the first season of lame skins, but you get what you pay for (which was nothing) lol.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
People forget all this stuff is free hence aside from a couple gems here and there(Baraka Quan Chi or human revenant skins) nobody should expect to be getting wildly different skins for Kombat League especially every season. The coveted, varied things you're gonna generally drop some money for. I'm just happy I didn't have to pay for Jade's dopest costume or Baraka's top two best head pieces. They were different enough and coveted enough that they could have sold them and people would buy. That said, this is the first season of lame skins, but you get what you pay for (which was nothing) lol.
Yep i feel the same about noobs dark automata headgear id of dropped top yuen for that

MKF30

Exactly, good point within the rules and laws of the individual universe this case MK it makes perfect sense with magic and powers etc. LK and Cassie aren't regular humans the fact that people think they are shows how little they know about MK. MK characters are not normal humans lol obviously. People often confuse mortality with metahumans. The Flash, GL are also mortals but really powerful. The same applies to LK, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Scorp etc, etc The cassie vs shinnok bit was rushed I grant you, but they did explain her powers she got from Cage able to take on Gods, though I think it was just an excuse to not have Raiden beat him again. Notice when he came back he was "weakened" from traveling various realms which is bs because that's never affected him before, only Netherrealm is he weaker. I think people shouldn't go too crazy over it I mean it's all fiction, there's stuff in comics, anime etc that also if we questioned by realistic standards "would not make sense" but within their own universe, it does.

He's not just a regular human, he's a meta human strong enough to punch a hole through another person's chest clean. He has powerful chi, dragon powers and is arguably the best martial artist in MK lore. Raiden doesn't need much explaining he has more powers than a swiss army knife, is immortal, is a God, can do crazy things from not just channel lightning but teleport, alter time, split his essence, make others Gods, take on armies by himself while weakened, has foresight, can see multiple timelines, can free revenants with magic, heal others with magic including healing Fujin when he got a huge gapping hole in him(the MK X comic if you're wondering) list goes on. Combine that with Liu Kang and you have an insanely badass character. Raiden is also a Thunder God, that new title of "demi god" is bs, when others call him that he corrects them by saying "A Thunder God" Kronika can just control time but she's not that powerful as people think, she needed help from several people to guard her hourglass, she needed time to do her raving magic that took hours to do. She's not much of a fighter. And kronikas powers are worthless against Raiden as her time stopping powers dont effect him while it freezes everyone else or that of Thunder Fire God Liu Kang, she even admits this herself "Raidens gifts make you immune to my power" remember when she was reversing time but didnt work on Liu Kang?

It's ok you don't have to but the fact remains God Liu is more than powerful enough to take on one Elder God and a Titan as proven. f you knew how powerful Raiden alone is and what his feats actually are besides Liu so it makes sense, sorry. Of course if you want to compare such to reality, then nothing in fiction makes sense.

Last edited: