What's new

FRENCH BOYZ BAGUETTE TIER LIST w/ HappyPow, Rza, Djoudj & Daloul

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
Time to bring the salt out. Full variation tier list !​

S : Impostor, Mystic, Displacer, Sektor, Smoke, Ethereal, Hellfire

A+ : Unstoppable, Demolition, Possessed, Royal Storm, Assassin, Grand Master, Piercing, Hollywood, Full Auto, Hish Qu Ten, Bone Shaper, Cutthroat, Master Of Souls, Nimble, Noxious, Aftershock, Crystalline

A : Tempest, Buzz Saw, Covert OPS, Balanced, Mournful, Ninjutsu, Shirai Ryu, Lasher, Ronin, Ravenous, Brawler, Spec Ops, Relentless, High Tech, Shotgun, Bojutsu, Ancestral, Shaolin, ThunderGod, Pyromancer, Spectral, Naginata, Dragon Breath, Killer, Cybernetic, Commando, A-List, Dragon's Fire, FlameFist, Deceptive, Ruthless, Swarm Queen, Brood Mother, Summoner, Sorcerer, Dragon Fang, Metallic, Cyrax,

A- : Tarkatan, Acidic, Slasher, Wrestler, Pumped Up, Kenjutsu, Inferno, Cryomancer, Unbreakable, Cyber Sub Zero, Kobu Jutsu, Bartitsu, Butcher, Pretty Lady, Warrior, Hunter, Stunt Double, Gunslinger, Sun God, Blood God, Vicious, Venomous, Master Of Storms, Warlock, Kuatan Warrior, Tigrar Fury

B+ : Konjurer, Hat Trick, Heavy Weapons, Special Forces, Drunken Master, Fisticuffs, Marksman, War God, Lackey

B : Outlaw

Change Log :

S+ S A+ A B+ B replaced by S A+ A A- B+ B

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't know about having so many in an S+ tier, I'd replace your S+, S, A+, A with S, A+, A, A-. S+ tier is usually reserved for broke tier and there aren't really any of those in this game.

You're missing 3 variations as well lmao

But from what you have written, variations I'd like to hear your guys' reasoning for:
Impostor being up in S+ tier
Master of Souls being up in S tier
Dragon Breath Bo being rated worse than Noxious
Covert Ops being up in A but Special Forces being all the way down in B+
Balanced being rated higher than Acidic Alien
Brawler being down in A+
High Tech being up in A+
Dragon's Fire being down in A+
Cyber Sub Zero being down in A tier
Vicious being ranked higher than War God
Hat Trick, Heavy Weapons and Special Forces all being in the same tier

YUZU_RZA

I don't know about having so many in an S+ tier, I'd replace your S+, S, A+, A with S, A+, A, A-. S+ tier is usually reserved for broke tier and there aren't really any of those in this game.
Yes actually we started with S then we switched back for S+. But your idea sounds better S, A+, A, A- etc !

Regarding my choice,

CYBER SUB ZERO : the character has a great mobility, some good setup but nothing is guaranteed and you have to put some work to pull out decent damage on the midscreen. The character looks really good against people who dont know the mu. But once they get it, the struggle is real

IMPOSTOR : I really think that he's in the highest tier of the game for this meta. he doesnt care about the zoning, got the damage, 50/50 starter, instant tp with nasty setup , ( hellspurks ) one of the best neutral in the game so far ...

REPTILE : I still think NIMBLE > NOXIOUS & DECEPTIVE ! cuz he basilisk is just too much, probably top 5 special move in this game. And the damage in the corner are just insace, the potential comeback is real (54% 1 bar corner)

for the others char you need to w8 for djoudj, daloul & happy

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes actually we started with S then we switched back for S+. But your idea sounds better S, A+, A, A- etc !

Regarding my choice,

CYBER SUB ZERO : the character has a great mobility, some good setup but nothing is guaranteed and you have to put some work to pull out decent damage on the midscreen. The character looks really good against people who dont know the mu. But once they get it, the struggle is real

IMPOSTOR : I really think that he's in the highest tier of the game for this meta. he doesnt care about the zoning, got the damage, 50/50 starter, instant tp with nasty setup , ( hellspurks ) one of the best neutral in the game so far ...

REPTILE : I still think NIMBLE > NOXIOUS & DECEPTIVE ! cuz he basilisk is just too much, probably top 5 special move in this game. And the damage in the corner are just insace, the potential comeback is real (54% 1 bar corner)

for the others char you need to w8 for djoudj, daloul & happy
But tier lists aren't based on tools, they're based on matchups, and Impostor has a few losing matchups ;)

As for Reptile I was referring to just Noxious being so high up, the other two seem fine to me lol

YUZU_RZA

But tier lists aren't based on tools, they're based on matchups, and Impostor has a few losing matchups ;)

As for Reptile I was referring to just Noxious being so high up, the other two seem fine to me lol

we made it with matchup first then tools. What do you think are his bad match up ?

HappyPow

Noob
Impostor being up in S+ tier : Seems like he doesn't lose vs more than 15 variations
Master of Souls being up in S tier : He is just too good, still has the best damages meterless mid screen and in the corner, still has his 50-50's, a teleport, safe, 6f pokes, one of the best anti airs. His neutral is less good than Mystic cause push but he wins tons of trades with soul ball tho. (pretty much, OBV some character does more with specific strings meterless)
Dragon Breath Bo being rated worse than Noxious : Why? Because variationless Reptile is rated better than Dragon Breath.
Covert Ops being up in A but Special Forces being all the way down in B+ : I won't answer
Balanced being rated higher than Acidic Alien : Babes? Same things as above
Brawler being down in A+ : Still good neutral, good mixes but the lack of her IA guns makes tons of bad MU's.
High Tech being up in A+ : Same thing as Brawler pretty much except she has an answer for most of the projectiles.
Dragon's Fire being down in A+ : Hmmm. Yes.
Cyber Sub Zero being down in A tier : I know, right!
Vicious being ranked higher than War God, because War God is Bae! Without EXsword armoured? You fear Nothing, most of the cast can just armour during his strings, build meter by zoning him, send him fullscreen or whatever by armouring during his strings, zone him again and so on!
Hat Trick, Heavy Weapons and Special Forces all being in the same tier : What tier? I'll leave it to the guys ;)

Good tier list, but for me :

- Acidic and Wrestler should be in A+
- Special Forces shouldn't be that low, the variation is maybe as strong as Demolition
- Konjurer should be in A
- Kotal is too low
- Naginata is little too high

Otherwise it's a good tier list

YUZU_RZA

Good tier list, but for me :

- Acidic and Wrestler should be in A+
- Special Forces shouldn't be that low, the variation is maybe as strong as Demolition
- Konjurer should be in A
- Kotal is too low
- Naginata is little too high

Otherwise it's a good tier list
I would agree with you for kotal, to me war god should be in the same tier as sun god !

Naginata deserve her spot, I played the mu more than 300 times with daloul, she's really strong a got few bad mu !

I personnaly see speciale forces in A-, B+ is too low for her ! but she's definitely not on the same level of demolition, it's just another world ...

HappyPow

Noob
What are Dragon Naginata's bad match ups outside of maybe Kano and Ermac?
Kitanas, Ermacs, Kanos, Ancestral, Scorpions, I would even say Raidens (especially Master of storms lol lol), Daloul can answer this better than I do tho ;)

HappyPow

Noob
I would agree with you for kotal, to me war god should be in the same tier as sun god !

Naginata deserve her spot, I played the mu more than 300 times with daloul, she's really strong a got few bad mu !

I personnaly see speciale forces in A-, B+ is too low for her ! but she's definitely not on the same level of demolition, it's just another world ...
Yeah war god was one of the few variations we were disagreeing on. I just think War God is Bae, he only has the Footsie game and all the 50-50's IMO. Can't deal with zoners when Sun God and Blood God can. Plus now he is pokable as hell from his good strings and his string into spcancel create gaps all day. And through Zoners I don't mean like Sektor or Full auto but Jonnhy Cage, Cassie, Shinnok and so on at least 80% of the cast.