What's new

Freddy Pressure Strings

I've literally only been using one string (f421) outside of combos, and my pressure and mixup game is lacking.What are some good pressure strings and/or sweet dreams/NMS/hellspike setups??

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
The 50/50 is good, that would be b+2/b+3 into ex spike. I also like f+2,1,b+3/f+2,1,4 but be careful f+2,1 is horribly unsafe so if you just do the first two hits of either string make sure you cancel into nms or away tele. F+4,3 is good stuff too. From full screen if you tele foreword (like through a projectile for instance), your at an awesome distance for Med spike to hit. Same thing if your close and tele away. Just be mindful of fast advancing specials. Mix nms at different points to keep them guessing. And the f+4,2,1 string is safer if you only do f+4,2 it takes less time to recover from that, and the forward movement of the string stops at the 2. Oh, the 2,2,1+2 string covers a lot of distance and is safe on block I believe as well.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
One of my favorites with Freddy, which is more or less guaranteed to work on people you're playing for the first time, is this:

After a jump in punch you can use B+2 xx Freddy Fingers. It doesn't combo, but the overhead followed by a quick low is something most people just don't see coming if they're not acquainted with the character. Plus, despite it not comboing, a lot of people don't know that either so it seems as though most people get hit by the FF when the B+2 connects anyway because they don't crouch block after the first hit, they probably just standblock.

The nice thing is, Freddy Fingers on hit gives you a bit of space and advantage so if they get hit by the low you're in a pretty solid position. I don't think the frame data is out, but it seems like, if you hit with Freddy Fingers off a JIP, if you use 2, 2 it beats some moves that aren't 6-7 frames. You can cancel this into EX Spike for a combo or instead of even risking the 2, 2, use it as an opportunity to NMS xx Teleport away.

To be completely honest though, the real reason I use B+2 xx FF is because after getting someone with it twice (and as I said, if you're not well acquainted with the character, and not many people are, it'll work at least twice) I immediately go in for the B+3 xx EXClaw for a huge combo. By that point they're thinking I'm going to B+2 xx Freddy Fingers all day because it works pretty well.

He has pretty nice mixups. Also, it seems like FF is safe on block so it's not like you're gonna eat a full combo if they do actually block it.