What's new

Question - Slasher Freddy (MK9) vs Jason (Slasher)?

no

mk9 freddy is broken and MKX jason sucks universally
So even if I gave Jason every ability from all 3 variations he would still lose?

Not trying to make it seem like I'm rooting for Jason but just curious to see if that is what it would take to make this even remotely fair and if Freddy is that broken because there are some people who clam that Jason is broken and want him nerfed, I think even Boon suggested it in a Twitter pic with a nerf gun.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So even if I gave Jason every ability from all 3 variations he would still lose?

Not trying to make it seem like I'm rooting for Jason but just curious to see if that is what it would take to make this even remotely fair and if Freddy is that broken because there are some people who clam that Jason is broken and want him nerfed, I think even Boon suggested it in a Twitter pic with a nerf gun.
If NRS nerfs a character as bad as Jason my hope for a balanced game is going out the window

jason is like that really terrible joke that only the dude who told it thinks is funny and I'm starting to regret buying the Kombat Pack. These skin packs better be worth it

Imagine jason trying to use that armor huff against Freddie's tp, and his shit mobility trying to get in on that zoning

If NRS nerfs a character as bad as Jason my hope for a balanced game is going out the window

jason is like that really terrible joke that only the dude who told it thinks is funny and I'm starting to regret buying the Kombat Pack. These skin packs better be worth it
People are actually complaining about Jason? LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO!!!!!!!
"@liamwootton06 @noobde Can u make Jason a bit more balanced? Like honestly he's so over-powered! EB: Lock N Load!

Ed's Pic =

Gamer68

Fujin!
Anyone who honestly thinks that Jason is hard to beat is nuts. I haven't even played as him much, but by just going into practice and looking through his entire moveset for just a basic understanding, I can already tell that Jason isn't as good as a lot of the characters that was already in the base game. The only reason why these people are complaining is probably because they are bad at the game, and get salty when they lose. Instead of realizing that the character really isn't that over-powered, they jump online and start demanding for nerfs.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Please elaborate. Why, exactly, is Jason so bad?

Last edited:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Please elaborate. Why, exactly, is Jason so bad?
why did you quote me twice lol

I think he's terrible. No good way to open you up, no forward-throwing command grab, no safe pressure, mediocre mix-ups and mediocre pokes

He's pretty much a worse Kotal aside from Unstoppable's heal and Slasher's projectile (at full screen), even his teleport is awful

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think people throw out terms like "Mobility" and other things without understanding what it actually means. This is secretly a Buff Jason thread, isn't it?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
why did you quote me twice lol

I think he's terrible. No good way to open you up, no forward-throwing command grab, no safe pressure, mediocre mix-ups and mediocre pokes

He's pretty much a worse Kotal aside from Unstoppable's heal and Slasher's projectile (at full screen), even his teleport is awful
1) I quoted you twice because I instantaneously responded to two different posts of yours at two different times. If I had seen them both at the same time, I would have put them in the same post.

2) I strongly disagree that Jason is "terrible," competitively speaking. I exclusively co-main Jason and Kotal, and, so far, they seem pretty even to me. I have been focusing on Unstoppable Jason and he has: Better command grabs than any Kotal variation, more safe strings than any Kotal variation, an inordinately better healing buff than any Kotal variation, a full-screen get-in move that is safe on block (which Kotal lacks) , and tick throws that connect on BOTH hit and block (which Kotal also lacks). Kotal has faster normals, better mixups, even more damage, and much better footsies. They are both fine, IMO. And, I love them both.