What's new

Match-up Discussion Freddy Krueger Matchup Discussion Thread

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Does sindel "outzone" freddy ? I put outzone in " " because i consider what this bitch does as spam not zoning . any tips how to fight her ? in past few days i fought a few sindels and lost all
In order to avoid trading with gloves, Sindel has to perform aerial fireballs fairly high in the air. You can deal with such fireballs in two ways. You can either teleport forward in advance and do a mix up as she comes down. Or you can do a sweet dreams in advance. The sweet dreams stuns, but generally you are not able to combo. You can, however, teleport forward and attempt any string or mix up of your choice. She has to block.

Speaking of mix ups, Sindel has the worst punishment in the game for a blocked close spike. She needs one bar of meter to set up meaningful damage with 1 xx EX scream. In other words, b+2 / b+3 xx close spike has a great risk / reward ration when she has no meter. But even when she has access to meter, her damage output is in the mid 30s.

Freddy builds meter faster from far away and does more damage from far away and up close. He has better strings and defensive options. He can get in easier with teleport and EX teleport. His comeback potential is superior. The biggest concern in this match up is the life lead. If you lose a lot of life to Sindel, making a comeback will be difficult if the Sindel player knows the Freddy match up well.

k so the one issue im finding with my freddy is dealing with sonya up close(i was thinking d1 teleportaway or d1 nightmare stance in response to a blocked cartwheel or else im forced to make a read...yes these can be counterpoked i know) i can fuck that cunts shit up but i feel like once shes in im wrecked by sheer randomness i think its an issue of patience and me transitioning to zoning chars.

and dealing with deep jump kicks when im in nightmare stance... do u think close spike out of nightmare stance is a viable anti-air for deep jump kicks? if so then its impossible for people to get in on me without armor or a good teleport...

other than that i realized vs smoke that midscreen a blocked smoke bomb is a free midspike on block because smoke bomb is more negative at midscreen however i still have a problem applying offensive footsies against him

Does sindel "outzone" freddy ? I put outzone in " " because i consider what this bitch does as spam not zoning . any tips how to fight her ? in past few days i fought a few sindels and lost all
she has the advantage but not the advantage in the matchup... theoretically u can lame her out with backwards teleports once u get the life lead and keep the meter game equal... if u mix up backward teleports (at fs) u can make her impatient and blow her up for changing her zoning patterns if u make a good read... u can make trades with her too past full screen and try to lock her down