What's new

Fradulent Players in IGAU

Clampa_

Learn from this.
I need to preface this by saying I have no problem with people who play Deathstroke legitimately, this is more so directed at fraudulent players in general.

After about a year or so of playing IGAU online and enjoying it for the most part, I have noticed a trend among the top place leader board holders, many of them play the most fraudulent Deathstrokes I have ever seen. Now of course I'm sure many people have already discussed something similar to this topic, however I have a different question to pose.

Too many times have I seen players who simply have one tactic and if they cannot execute their plans often they get blown up and simply make no effort to try and change up what they are doing. Which brings us back to Deathstroke and how seemingly there is an outline on how to play him in the most simplistic, and many times most effective at gaining wins over actually good players (only online based on the amount of Deathstroke players that place in tournies). This usually involves abuse of Deathstroke's decent zoning (albeit, very easy to execute in comparison to someone like Zod or MMH) and his retreating J3.

Now from many first reference accounts of this strategy actually beating out other much more skilled and knowledgeable players in KOTH matches, it made me wonder, how is it possible for someone to have the deluded idea that they are actually better than most of the other people who play IGAU online, as well as the idea that it is fun doing the same strategy for every game and every match-up, never trying to adapt to how anyone else is playing, just hoping your opponent won't have a direct counter strategy to yours.

For reference I will mention one of the many fraudulent Deathstrokes I have had the displeasure of playing, I believe he goes by the username INCORRUPTIBLE or some l33t variant of that on the PS4. This player has over 10000 wins and is at the top of the ranked leaderboards, which needles to say doesn't say much about a player'a skill based on how hard I bopped him once I figured out what he was doing, making him subsequently rage quit and refuse to play me again if we got matched up against each other.

Having this said, the way he played made me seriously question WHY, why would anyone want to play a game like this, especially for so long without any change. This also made me think if there will be any characters that cater to this type of behavior in MKX, anyway feel free to reply with any of your thoughts about this and possibly some answers if you can think of them (cause I sure can't).

P.S This is my first post so sorry if its too long or whatever and thanks taking the time to read it.

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I need to preface this by saying I have no problem with people who play Deathstroke legitimately, this is more so directed at fraudulent players in general.

After about a year or so of playing IGAU online and enjoying it for the most part, I have noticed a trend among the top place leader board holders, many of them play the most fraudulent Deathstrokes I have ever seen. Now of course I'm sure many people have already discussed something similar to this topic, however I have a different question to pose. Too many times have I seen players who simply have one tactic and if they cannot execute their plans often they get blown up and simply make no effort to try and change up what they are doing. Which brings us back to Deathstroke and how seemingly there is an outline on how to play him in the most simplistic, and many times most effective at gaining wins over actually good players (only online based on the amount of Deathstroke players that place in tournies). This usually involves abuse of Deathstroke's decent zoning (albeit, very easy to execute in comparison to someone like Zod or MMH) and his retreating J3. Now from many first reference accounts of this strategy actually beating out other much more skilled and knowledgeable players in KOTH matches, it made me wonder, how is it possible for someone to have the deluded idea that they are actually better than most of the other people who play IGAU online, as well as the idea that it is fun doing the same strategy for every game and every match-up, never trying to adapt to how anyone else is playing, just hoping your opponent won't have a direct counter strategy to yours. For reference I will mention one of the many fraudulent Deathstrokes I have had the displeasure of playing, I believe he goes by the username INCORRUPTIBLE or some l33t variant of that on the PS4. This player has over 10000 wins and is at the top of the ranked leaderboards, which needles to say doesn't say much about a player'a skill based on how hard I bopped him once I figured out what he was doing, making him subsequently rage quit and refuse to play me again if we got matched up against each other. Having this said, the way he played made me seriously question WHY, why would anyone want to play a game like this, especially for so long without any change. This also made me think if there will be any characters that cater to this type of behavior in MKX, anyway feel free to reply with any of your thoughts about this and possibly some answers if you can think of them (cause I sure can't).

P.S This is my first post so sorry if its too long or whatever and thanks taking the time to read it.
No offense, but this is a terrible way to have your first post.

On PS3 EU its the same. The number 1 ranked player "Nerokouvalitis" is one of the worst players I have even seen, yet he has like 15000 wins 1500 losses. He ragequits every single time I beat him. =)

Online stats dont mean ****

Edit: his game plan is to try and outzone you with DS on Ferris Aircraft while using the rocket on the right size. When you try to get in he will sword flip. lol

dem online tactics

Last edited:

RexxyC

what's done is done
On PS3 EU its the same. The number 1 ranked player "Nerokouvalitis" is one of the worst players I have even seen, yet he has like 15000 wins 1500 losses. He ragequits every single time I beat him. =)

Online stats dont mean ****
I am like 450/150, but I still get intimidated when I see someone with a higher W/L ratio than me. I think I fought a guy that was 2k/1k and I kicked his ass through the roof of his mouth with Harley (he was playing GL). Moral of the story is basically what you said, I play on PS4 and it's really just lots and lots of spam in my face.

Clampa_

Learn from this.
I honestly don't understand what you are mad at after reading your novel of a post.

Do you hate zoning? Deal with it
Do you hate rage quitters? Don play em
Do you hate frauds? Welcome to online
Sorry if my wording wasn't quite clear, this was more or less just questioning the the logic of players such as the ones mentioned above, as to why people do as they do, what do they get out of it. Not trying to hate on anyone or anything in particular.

Pest0Swami

MTL's Worst Player.
No salt I'm afraid, just a philosophical query.
To answer you, people play games in different ways, and have fun doing thing in different ways. If you free him up then that's great for you. If you can't deal with it in the first place it's just something that you have to learn to manage. You just have to focus on your own game and how to beat them. Getting enraged at someone's play isn't a great mindset to have.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I'm reading correct you're asking why will online scrubs play like scrubs to maintain their #1 online rank of 10,000W 500L records?

Gotta ask them that. Doubt they even want to get better. It probably gives them some sense of accomplishment or makes them feel superior so they can brag to friends about how great they are. Who knows. That #1 guy on PSN thinks he could compete at Evo and make Top 16 without a doubt. He also supposedly owns an international radio show and is a professional body builder so they probably are completely delusional and need it to sustain the delusion.

Always fun to see them rage quit though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Really, TYM? Really?

20+ posts in and someone has yet to call this moron a scrub. Admittedly, calling people scrubs is never nice, but someone has to be the bad guy and do it.

This usually involves abuse of Deathstroke's decent zoning (albeit, very easy to execute in comparison to someone like Zod or MMH) and his retreating J3.
You are a scrub. Deathstroke's zoning is not "decent". It used to be decent before scrubs like you cried about the character. Deathstroke's zoning is very unsafe. Any player who is not a scrub, which, however, you are, is able to manage a projectile that recovers in 25 frames.

Go back to GameFAQs.