What's new

Strategy Fortress of Solitude interactable divekick crossup/reset setup

TL;DR SUMMARY: End a corner combo on the lower level of Fortress of Solitud (right corner) in b23+u, but don't cancel it into anything. Mash interactable when you land, and lawl as your meterless EX divekick pops them up for a 45% damage trait combo giving a 72% reset combo, you can go straight into the video from here if you dont wanna read my writeup!

Hey guys this is a setup I've had for a while now, I was planning on keeping it to myself but I don't plan on playing this game competitively anymore so I'm gonna go ahead and release the premise of it along with a short video.

Black Adam gets a 45% combo meterless with trait when using the evade & counter interactable in the lower level of Fortress of Solitude. This combo is as follows: Interactable, dash in 11~trait, b23u1+3. When he attacks from the interactable, he does his EX Divekick (overhead) and pops up for full combo on hit. This divekick also does bonus damage/reduces damage scaling on your followup combo, so it's a crossup overhead divekick that does more damage than your regular EX divekick for no meter (lawl)

Before I go into this setup, I'd like to forewarn that I only tested versus Scorpion's flip kick and teleport punch, however this is fool proof vs both of them. The setup leads to at least 72% damage off of a b23 starter in the corner, but I'm sure you guys can find something that does more. I didn't get too crazy with divekick combos, I just did what's absolutely most consistent while learning how to play the character otherwise.

So, off of any combo in the right corner of the lower level of Fortress of Solitude, if you end it in b23+u (NAKED! NO FOLLOWUP) and then hit the interactable as soon as you land, the opponent cannot tech roll+wakeup fast enough to hit you out of it. In fact, the timing is so perfect that you beat out the above scorpion wakeups CLEAN and launch for full combo. You can also obviously go into this setup off of anything on block, but b23+u is the only move I know for sure that will pretty much guarantee your interactable attempt. Basically this setup blows up both wakeups and people trying to block. The only definite meterless way out is to block it on reaction i think, but even that isn't a super great situation for your opponent to be in either lol.

Here's a video showing a basic corner combo off of b23 leading into the interactable reset setup, along with me trying to mash out scorpion wakeups against it to no avail. Remember this is the only char I tested so I have no idea of the idiosyncrasies of the rest of the cast, but I'd imagine it's effective against most things.

Hope you guys find this setup useful and blow some backs out with it and all that

Qwark28 FOREVER KING GGA HAN

HARD MODE: Can anyone find a way to combine this with a bomb trap? If you interactable right after a bomb, the divekick hits juuust before the bomb i think. So you can mess with your timing to change whether its overhead low, low overhead, or possibly a just frame true unblockable should your opponent be dumb and not wake up. No idea if that could ever be made viable but something to play with that stems from this for all you lab rats out there

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I didn't even know that led to combos. I assumed it worked like every other version of it, like the jokers which just knocks down.

Nice find.