What's new

Strategy Fortress of Solitude - Arrow's best stage?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Idk man, I think the Hall of Justice Plaza is still the best.

These setups are nice but they're really gimmicky.
First one can be backdashed after 111 I think, and no way in a million years they're gonna not clash after the super, so good luck landing that one. The interactable after the fire arrow is pretty common, pretty good though.

Second one would require them to get hit by savage blast so, it doesn't really make sense to add it to the set up, considering most people just backdash after f3/b3. From there you can actually get more damage doing another j3->j2 thing but again, good luck having people not clashing lol. I like the whiffed 1 to grab though, even though I think you can still do j2->111xxarrow and still have enough advantage to dash forward and grab.

I like the third one, not sure if id ever go for the j3 though seems pretty unsafe.

But yeah on Hall of justice you have the robot in the corner, that gives you extra 15% if you dash forward after a sky alert, and if you time it correctly, an unavoidable super into stage transition/bgb combo/ice arrow reset/whatever you wanna do (even though they always clash e_e). Plus you have the roomba, which gives you ridiculous damage, and sometimes mid screen resets up to 80-90% (not practical at all though).

But good job!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Idk man, I think the Hall of Justice Plaza is still the best.

These setups are nice but they're really gimmicky.
First one can be backdashed after 111 I think, and no way in a million years they're gonna not clash after the super, so good luck landing that one. The interactable after the fire arrow is pretty common, pretty good though.

Second one would require them to get hit by savage blast so, it doesn't really make sense to add it to the set up, considering most people just backdash after f3/b3. From there you can actually get more damage doing another j3->j2 thing but again, good luck having people not clashing lol. I like the whiffed 1 to grab though, even though I think you can still do j2->111xxarrow and still have enough advantage to dash forward and grab.

I like the third one, not sure if id ever go for the j3 though seems pretty unsafe.

But yeah on Hall of justice you have the robot in the corner, that gives you extra 15% if you dash forward after a sky alert, and if you time it correctly, an unavoidable super into stage transition/bgb combo/ice arrow reset/whatever you wanna do (even though they always clash e_e). Plus you have the roomba, which gives you ridiculous damage, and sometimes mid screen resets up to 80-90% (not practical at all though).

But good job!
Yeah the first one is impractical, I was just freestyling :rolleyes:
As for the second one the whole blocked F3 stuff was just to show how much dmg you can get off of a random savage blast. A better example would've been D1 xx Savage Blast
I think I prefer this stage 'cos there are tons of laser setups and resets, and also 'cos it frustrates the opponent, as they're getting laser'd after near enough every hit. Eg- a random 1% AA arrow can be turned into a 20% or so combo or a 50% or so unclashable super reset

D

Deleted member 28105

Personally, I always choose Batcave because of the way that the stage is set up. Due to it's minuscule size, and ludicrous transition areas, the entire stage seems like mine to control. I am either in transition range for 50+ unclashable supers, BGB range, or in the corner.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
A month later after finding out stuff, I think stages with corner explosives are the best for GA. He has TOD combos there. Stryker's Island is probably the best.

ando1184

Noob
A month later after finding out stuff, I think stages with corner explosives are the best for GA. He has TOD combos there. Stryker's Island is probably the best.
I can agree with the corner explosives thing. They lead to really nice damage combos and resets.

D

Deleted member 28105

So, the question is: when and for whom FoS and Batcave aren't best stages...
:p
Batcave is an amazing stage for gadget characters, however any power character whose whims consist of throwing large, miscellaneous, 20% damaging objects at their opponent probably wont prefer it :D And Fortress only, truly benefits those that have a "trap" move ie. Batman's Grapple, Green Arrow's frozen arrow, Superman's excel breath. Boom, question answered. Here's a pulp fiction GIF for good measure.