What's new

Former 3D MK player BOOYA has passed away

Dark_Rob

Noob
What the hell is going on this year??? Thats twice now this year that something tragic has brought me back to this site.
Unbelievably terrible news. RIP Booya. You were the king of the MKU shoutbox, and always had me rolling for hours and hours with your antics. And thats how I shall remember you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Unbelievably terrible news. RIP Booya. You were the king of the MKU shoutbox, and always had me rolling for hours and hours with your antics. And thats how I shall remember you.
Same here.

I did hear that he developed a medical condition that led to his death.

Rest in peace, Booya.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Wow this is sad :( played a billion hours of MKD and MKA with him. use to talk with him from time to time on facebook.

RIP my friend :(

This is absolutely heartbreaking news. For those who know him, Booya was a very well liked member of the 3D MK community. He was a handful at times certainly, as many of us were. I have fond memories of just ruffling feathers with him in chats. He was a surprisingly talented player as well. You couldn’t sleep on Booya, he might catch you slipping and you wouldn’t hear the end of it lol.

I hate coming back to news like this and coming back just to post about a friends unfortunate passing. Booya, among many other old heads here we’re friends for me when I was just a stupid kid. I started playing in the FGC through 3D MK games when I was roughly 13-14 years old. I grew up with some of you including him and it has grown to be a fond memory in my heart. Rest in Power, Booya. Party it up on the other side. BMF for life!!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Dammit...

The way I even stumbled upon this news just broke my heart even more... Ever since I moved to Oregon I had plans of reaching out, but then Covid19 hit and I never did. I don't know if you guys are following the Oregon 2020 fires, but I'm apparently located on a level 1 zone, and all I've been doing is watching the map all day with some bags packed and some of my stuff inside my car ready to go in case it gets to level 2...

It randomly popped into my head today to send him a message and see how he was doing or being affected by all of this and the first thing I see is that he's gone...

This year can't even surprise me anymore.

I've had so many long deep conversations with Brandon not even related to MK back in the day, and I'll never forget them. His shoutbox antics used to light up the shoutbox, but he was always one of my favorite people and such a great player and a BMF for life!

A while back I wanted to get the old BMF guys together for a podcast with Scott and Dontay, etc but not having Brandon didn't quite feel right... wish I would have reached out sooner... this one hurt...

RIP Brandon

B W1zZ

Noob
He was always in the MKU shoutbox when it was poppin back in the day and was a cool dude. Both him and AREZ always had something interesting or off the wall to say, which kept it interesting. RIP.