What's new

Match-up Discussion - Dualist FOREVER ELITE'S Dualist MU chart

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I picked up ht and for the life of me I still can't do 4u4,
It's easier since the buff. Mostly a timing thing. Double tap 4 as fast as possible then press up later. The timing of the up is much more lenient, as long as it's after the first 4 and before the 7 frame window is up it'll work.

If you ever want high tech dirt, just send me a PM

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@Bruno-NeoSpace Cassie has bad reversals. You're just listing tools and it doesn't sound you have an informed idea of how they actually work out in the MU.

She has great anti-air? So what, why are you jumping at all as Liu Kang?

Her missiles aren't great as a space control option, and Liu Kang has the option of reactionary dragon kick to any missile.
I just played around 50 matches Dualist vs all Cassie's variations... yeah, you're right about Spec Ops and Holywood - Kang can do a reactionary flying kick to any missile, the instant air gun shots are not a big problem to Kang and Kang can punish her EX nutpunch. But Brawler I still think that she's got a huge advantage. Once Brawler gets close to Dualist, it's reeaaaly annoying because her EX throw it's kinda weird to break, If I try to anti-air her, she will do her air kick into EX air throw into a combo doing 37% midscreen or 42% in the corner and her tick throws are very annoying because her pokes are better than Kang's.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I just played around 50 matches Dualist vs all Cassie's variations... yeah, you're right about Spec Ops and Holywood - Kang can do a reactionary flying kick to any missile, the instant air gun shots are not a big problem to Kang and Kang can punish her EX nutpunch. But Brawler I still think that she's got a huge advantage. Once Brawler gets close to Dualist, it's reeaaaly annoying because her EX throw it's kinda weird to break, If I try to anti-air her, she will do her air kick into EX air throw into a combo doing 37% midscreen or 42% in the corner and her tick throws are very annoying because her pokes are better than Kang's.
Remember the Brawler's semi-vortex after overhead tackle? It works wonderfully on Dualist because his armors are very bad. And you're wrong about the ex air throw combo. It does 40% mid screen and 44-45% corner lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The armoured OH is a worse version of ex nutpunch. It's punishable on block so the risk/reward is in your favour. The same thing with tick throws, they are always a high risk/low reward attack.

Not saying Dualist wins, and Cassie does have an easier time in footsies but the tools she has took a big hit in the latest patch and she in general isn't as much of a problem.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Remember the Brawler's semi-vortex after overhead tackle? It works wonderfully on Dualist because his armors are very bad. And you're wrong about the ex air throw combo. It does 40% mid screen and 44-45% corner lol
Yeah man, all the times that I got hitted by her overhead tackle, It was veeeery hard to get some space against her.

40%? 45% Holy shit :eek:

Bruno-NeoSpace

The armoured OH is a worse version of ex nutpunch. It's punishable on block so the risk/reward is in your favour. The same thing with tick throws, they are always a high risk/low reward attack.

Not saying Dualist wins, and Cassie does have an easier time in footsies but the tools she has took a big hit in the latest patch and she in general isn't as much of a problem.
Her OH is easy to punish, but the problem is the 50/50 :confused:... high risk/high reward in my opinion because if she hits me with overhead, she'll do her semi-vortex that works very well against Dualist because Dualist's armors does not work very well against her because she can low profile all of them.
And that tick throw on hit... damn... I'll play more matches against Brawler :p

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Her OH is easy to punish, but the problem is the 50/50 :confused:... high risk/high reward in my opinion because if she hits me with overhead, she'll do her semi-vortex that works very well against Dualist because Dualist's armors does not work very well against her because she can low profile all of them.
And that tick throw on hit... damn... I'll play more matches against Brawler :p
She doesn't have a tick throw that works on hit if I remember. Are you referring to the take down?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
40%? 45% Holy shit :eek:
It looks like this: jump kick air throw MB, F24 flip, run F24 OH tackle = 40%. HOWEVER if you hit someone out of the air with jump kick and convert into the same combo like this, it "only" does 38%
The corner combo is: jump kick air throw MB, run in 212, 4 flip, run in d2 (opponent is throw out of corner), 24 command grab (this will bring them back) = 45%. The ender input to very hard to do though, be careful

Frenzy

Noob
It looks like this: jump kick air throw MB, F24 flip, run F24 OH tackle = 40%. HOWEVER if you hit someone out of the air with jump kick and convert into the same combo like this, it "only" does 38%
The corner combo is: jump kick air throw MB, run in 212, 4 flip, run in d2 (opponent is throw out of corner), 24 command grab (this will bring them back) = 45%. The ender input to very hard to do though, be careful
I did this and got 47%.

Bruno-NeoSpace

@FOREVER EL1TE hey bro, i'm analyzing again Kang's MU and I realized that I was very wrong about some matchups, especially the matchups of Dualist and I do apologise to you and @Phosferrax :p

But, there are some matchups of Dualist that I still don't agree with you:

Dualist vs Swarm Queen - why do you think that Dualist wins 6-4?
She outfootsies him, his zoning is not good enough to keep her away... I know that she has a hard time when Dualist puts her in the corner but it's the same thing for Dualist or even harder to Dualist gets out because she can low profile all Dualist's reverals/wakeups and her vortex into 50/50 is insane :(.

IMO, even Dragon's Fire and Flame Fist does not beat her. DF vs her 5-5 and FF vs her 4-6 because FF does not have the bicycle kick to gets out of her puddle pressure.

Dualist vs Marksman - why do you think Dualist beats Marksman but does not beat Outlaw?

Dualist vs Assassin - why do you think that Dualist wins 6-4?

@xKhaoTik what do you think about Dualist vs Assassin?

EDIT: @FOREVER EL1TE Congratulations a lot for making 4th at Summer Jam! :D

Another question about matchup: do you still think that Dualist beats Sun God? In your matchup against Illusions, it felt 5-5.

Last edited: